What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Would incremental improvement in football get you excited?

What it would take to get you fired up

• Major Splash in BOTH results & recruiting

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Major Splash in EITHER results or recruiting

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • Incremental Improvement in BOTH results & recruiting

Votes: 64 58.7%
  • Incremental Improvement in EITHER results or recruiting

Votes: 9 8.3%

• Total voters
Eric_Cartman.jpg

Screw you guys and your negative moaning. We're going to curb stomp Massachusetts. History be damned. It's time we all stopped being such pussies.
This. We're gonna win.

P.S. Can someone please change HCMM's photo on his wikipedia page? It's from SJSU and that's simply not acceptable.

if someone has a picture they took of HCMM (i.e. no copyright, fair use, etc.. -- link) send me a PM and I'll look into updating the wiki page.

Cool, now step back from the ledge. UMass lost to Maine at home last year. Are you actually doing research on this or just making basic assumptions based on incomplete information and old examples (Toledo)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, now step back from the ledge. UMass lost to Maine at home last year. Are you actually doing research on this or just making basic assumptions based on incomplete information and old examples (Toledo)?

Are you really reduced to researching Umass? Is that what we've come to?

Incremental. 4 wins this year counts as incremental if they are all against D1 schools. Five would be a giant leap forward because it would mean the Buffs would have beaten one legit team. The four wins that are possible this year, 1. CSU 2. Umass 3. Hawaii (only because it is home) 4. California. CU is more than capable of losing any and or all of those four games. I don't see another game the Buffs have a real shot in, so a fifth win would be HUGE.

4 wins would not be incremental improvement in the eyes of recruits and the media. How the hell is Utah not a possible win? Oregon State?

Incremental. 4 wins this year counts as incremental if they are all against D1 schools. Five would be a giant leap forward because it would mean the Buffs would have beaten one legit team. The four wins that are possible this year, 1. CSU 2. Umass 3. Hawaii (only because it is home) 4. California. CU is more than capable of losing any and or all of those four games. I don't see another game the Buffs have a real shot in, so a fifth win would be HUGE.

I pretty much read your post in the voice of Orson Welles.

tumblr_ly9gr4VOlV1qzspj4o1_500.gif

Oh, and "Rosebud!" translates to "National Champions!"

It's a slow day, so I actually did a little research on UMass. They are, as 'Tini points out, awful. This is one of those games that will make me wonder if MM is the right guy for the job if we lose it. It's the kind of game that we should win by 20+ points. The running game should get 200+ yards against them. Particularly after playing a fired-up CSU squad the week before, this game should be a walkover.

It's a slow day, so I actually did a little research on UMass. They are, as 'Tini points out, awful. This is one of those games that will make me wonder if MM is the right guy for the job if we lose it. It's the kind of game that we should win by 20+ points. The running game should get 200+ yards against them. Particularly after playing a fired-up CSU squad the week before, this game should be a walkover.

I'm not saying we shouldn't take them seriously, and or that every road game (and most home games) aren't of tremendous concern, but NPR did a segment on how awful they were last year, and how UMASS has gained no support from its community. You've got to be a bad football team when NPR weighs in...

Major Splash in either to get me "fired up" but I will be more than satisfied with continual incremental improvement

Exactly. This is a team that just moved up to FBS a few years ago and has gone 2-22 in that time frame...in the MAC. This isn't a bad BCS team or even a decent non-AQ team.

We've proven we can lose to anyone. A loss to UMASS may not be likely but it is certainly not out of the realm of possibility. I still think we are another season away from any real improvement. I think there is a good chance we will be pretty bad this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've proven we can lose to anyone. A loss to UMASS may not be likely but it is certainly not out of the realm of possibility. I still think we are another season away from any real improvement. I think there is a good chance we will be pretty bad this year.

Last year (our only thing to go by with HCMM), the Buffs won every time they were supposed to win.

One season doesn't make the rule. But how the team performed under previous coaches carries much less weight.

And I would bet any sum of money that UMass is going to be much worse than we will this year

I don't mean to sound too down (mostly I like this staff). I expect us to beat UMASS, but I still think we are very young and inexperienced. My point being, I don't have high expectations this year and plan to not panic if we lose a game or two we shouldn't.

I don't mean to sound too down (mostly I like this staff). I expect us to beat UMASS, but I still think we are very young and inexperienced. My point being, I don't have high expectations this year and plan to not panic if we lose a game or two we shouldn't.

That would mean a regression between year 1 and 2 if MacIntyre dropped this game, or any other game in the OOC. Sorry, but I will panic if we do not sweep the OOC, there is absolutely no reason to lose any of them.

That would mean a regression between year 1 and 2 if MacIntyre dropped this game, or any other game in the OOC. Sorry, but I will panic if we do not sweep the OOC, there is absolutely no reason to lose any of them.

I think CSU could be a pretty good team this year in an upper-end non-BCS conference. Throw in that it's an opener and a big game for state rivalry reasons. That game is not a walkover. CU's maybe a slight favorite... maybe a slight dog.

I think CSU could be a pretty good team this year in an upper-end non-BCS conference. Throw in that it's an opener and a big game for state rivalry reasons. That game is not a walkover. CU's maybe a slight favorite... maybe a slight dog.

I think they'll be a good non-AQ team as the year goes on, I just think it's going to be very tough for them to replace 4 OL starters, Gilmore, Barrett, Nwoke and Bibbs, and I'm sure I'm missing another, in the first game of the season.

I'm not saying we shouldn't take them seriously, and or that every road game (and most home games) aren't of tremendous concern, but NPR did a segment on how awful they were last year, and how UMASS has gained no support from its community. You've got to be a bad football team when NPR weighs in...

I wasn't sure if tini was just doing his usual fluff, but this clinches it. Did NPR weigh in when Embree was around? I feel like we could've used that backing when it was time for the fireembree.com campaign.

Last year (our only thing to go by with HCMM), the Buffs won every time they were supposed to win.

One season doesn't make the rule. But how the team performed under previous coaches carries much less weight.

My only hope is that unlike the last two regimes, This staff can prepare us to win every game we're supposed to win and put us in a position to win otherwise.

My only hope is that unlike the last two regimes, This staff can prepare us to win every game we're supposed to win and put us in a position to win otherwise.

Additionally, in terms if judging recruitment, I am so much less concerned about selling a high school kid on an ideal concept of the future without the proof if progress first.

The thing that worries me most about any team the Buffs will play be now and ever...Sac State...at home. For the rest of ever.

I'm torn on this one. They obviously got better last year and had a very impressive offense by the end of the season. However with the loss of their o-line, d-line and RB core they will be pretty raw to begin the season, so I think Colorado should win this game on experience alone, not to mention talent.

Time will tell if the JM scheme was just luck last year or if he is building a solid foundation up there. Of course if he is, then he is off to a new shinier job very soon.

McElwain took advantage of an exceptionally weak MWC last year.... guy is a joke.

4 wins would not be incremental improvement in the eyes of recruits and the media. How the hell is Utah not a possible win? Oregon State?

You did see the games with Utah and Oregon State last year right? Let me refresh your memory OSU 44 CU 17 and Utes 24 CU 17. Don't let the score of the Utah game fool you, Utah was up 21-0 before they shut it down thinking the game was over and then learning they couldn't do that. If CU manages to lose by less than 10 to the Beavs then that is a HUGE improvement. Beating Utah at home....OK, it is possible, but Utah was as young as CU last year and their O line and QB's come back with experience this year, so I expect they make similar improvements as the Buffs and CU loses by a similar score.

Face palm

(Meaning I don't have time to actually address it but will later)

Back