What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Would Jon Embree have lasted longer in the CFL?

After the way he handled his exit from CU I don't think he is ever going to get the chance but I'm not sure that Embree couldn't be a decent head coach someplace down the road.

He would need to have some time as a coordinator working under a head coach who is good at developing coordinators into head coaches. I can and do blame JE for how things ended and for going into a me against the world panic mode in his last year but I do think he is an intelligent guys who is hard working and based on his history I think could relate well with pro players.

I don't think his personality and expectations work well with college players. I also think that he was thoroughly unprepared to be a head coach when he took over the CU job. He had never been a coordinator, never been in a position where he was responsible for a side of the ball, never been the person in charge of coordinating or making final recruiting decisions, etc.
Never say never IMO, he'll have to pay his dues but I wouldn't say down the road he couldn't get one. In fairness, he was set-up to fail at CU IMO.

Never say never IMO, he'll have to pay his dues but I wouldn't say down the road he couldn't get one. In fairness, he was set-up to fail at CU IMO.

He set himself up to fail at CU. He had plenty of resources upon which to draw, why didn't he use them?

If I was him, I would have had Mac in my backpocket from Day One. Then I would have sat in a room with all my assistants who were former HCs and picked their brains clean on what they did wrong and what they did right. Why he didn't do that remains a mystery.

He set himself up to fail at CU. He had plenty of resources upon which to draw, why didn't he use them?

If I was him, I would have had Mac in my backpocket from Day One. Then I would have sat in a room with all my assistants who were former HCs and picked their brains clean on what they did wrong and what they did right. Why he didn't do that remains a mystery.

He had mac in his pocket, he had at least one former HC on staff.

Hawkins was definitely a better coach than Embree. Neither knew wtf they were doing on game day but Hawkins could at least recruit. A lot of his high-profile guys didn't pan out, but I think that at least some of that is small sample size stuff. Embree couldn't coach or recruit.

Lmao Embree couldnt coach Alabama to a bowl game. He will never be a HC again and rightfully so

Back