What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Would Mike Shanahan be a good hire for CU?

Would Mike Shanahan be a good hire for CU?

• Total voters
:yeahthat:

I just can't imagine this guy staying put at CU. It sounds like the current plan is to set up Kyle and move on when his package from Bowlen ends.

Perhaps as I've become older, I have evolved into somewhat of an age-racist. Kyle may be a bright kid, but he is 29 yrs old. I want a coach who grew up on Atari, not X Box.

The best thing for our football program long term, IS to have IMMEDIATE success. It has been far too long since we had a Nationally recognized season.

Bringing in a new coach with a long-term vision could take another 2-3 years.

Bringing in a HC that can coach up the current squad and execute on the field to get to a bowl game in 2010 and even better in 2011 is the best thing for this program long term. That success, exposure, and attention (if it was a big hire like Shanny) would equate to increased donations, ticket sales, better recruiting, and media attention that can then be leveraged to build a more stable future for the program regardless of who the coach is in 4 years.

Hes gotten help, but the results are good. He's kicking ass in Texas. That offense was **** before he got there.

They only rush for 90 yards a game in the NFL. They have a lot of yards because they pass when coming from behind a lot. Their points don't match up with their yards very well...points per game are pretty average.

They only rush for 90 yards a game in the NFL. They have a lot of yards because they pass when coming from behind a lot. Their points don't match up with their yards very well...points per game are pretty average.
so hes just like his dad then? :lol:

I think he would do wonders...but if nothing else he would give our program some relevancy in a time when we are NOT relevant any more.

I think he would do wonders...but if nothing else he would give our program some relevancy in a time when we are NOT relevant any more.

This.

Hiring Shanahan would make a splash. It would send a message that we're serious about winning and winning now. Whether it worked out or not is another story. But the hire itself would be good publicity.

I have been to all of those campuses and seen half the athletic facilities. It is like a major league park versus a minor league park.

Kicking the crap out of OU and Texas the last decade = wrong. We are:

2 - 5 vs OU and 1 - 7 vs. Tex in the past decade

When was the last time a school as a whole was judged by their athletic facilities? I am talking about the school, not some treadmill machine. Look around the area in Boulder, not too many can compete with what we have here, especially some of those on your list there.

This decade is the 2000's, last decade was the 1990s. I dont remember losing that often to Texas and OU. They may have won in this decade, but one decade doesn't make a school.

Isn't the all-time record against UT something like 6 - 7 right now?

wasnt Fairbanks a pretty good NFL guy?

Fairbanks? Think he made it to the playoffs. Drunken lout. No ties to the community.

Shannahan? Handful of SB rings. Coached how many Pro Bowl QB's and 1000 yd rushers?

Apples-to-apples I guess you could compare him to Bill Walsh going to the college ranks after his days at SF were over.

What recruits better than an NFL guy with a hand full of Super Bowl rings? You can bet Shanny would have a staff that is fairly knowledgeable of the college game and not just a bunch of NFL guys that have never been to college.

As for him being a long term solution, you can't hire that guy, he doesn't exist. You never know who will be the long term solution until they have been deemed a success.

Ah, nothing like hyperbole. Oh, you mean the hand with 3 fingers cut off? Never mind.

Back