What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Would This Ever Happen.......Barney part deux ??

Skippy can recruit - if he actually gets them into school, that is - but he's not a great coach-em-up guy. I don't know if he's learned from the tubing down Boulder Creek days, but it was obvious then that he had no idea how to control a program.

I just want to win. SO BADLY!! I know this probably isn't the route to get us there and If anyone reads my original post, I was just wondering if there was any scenario by which something like this would ever happen because lots of former plays and fans are bringing up the idea of a GB part 2. Right or wrong it ilicits opinions and that is what ALLBUFF's is all about.

Read it and I want to win too. Not badly enough to bring GB back. He did some good things at Colorado but in the end the Buffs were in decline with him at the helm. I think recruiting was starting to suffer under his leadership and that 70-3 destruction at the hands of Tejas was an indicator as well. Then there is the scandal. One of the hits against our most recent staff I saw on this board this year was that some of the coaches were too old to relate to the players. If this is true hiring someone older still isn't going to help with that.

So while there may be smoke I sure don't think there is fire and there shouldn't be. Even with our problems we can do better than bringing GB back again

Only if he promises to bring Booger and Vince back with him.

Yes, sarcasm for those here who can't tell.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Every time I see this thread title I want to cry or punch someone. I can not imagine listening to GB pressers about how his guys didn't execute. How they made mistakes. How they were unlucky. But.......our game plan was great. We knew how to beat them but the guys just didn't execute. GB has been classy about CU since he left, but he was so bad at the PR thing and irritated the community so much I can not imagine a worse image or hire. He is no where on the radar and wouldn't be accepted by the school, community or ad. Average record that got worse the longer he was here coupled with massive baggage means no way no how. We might as well go get Petrino or one of the other guys the boards like to say no to for character flaws if we are even going to entertain GB as coach.

Every time I see this thread title I want to cry or punch someone. I can not imagine listening to GB pressers about how his guys didn't execute. How they made mistakes. How they were unlucky. But.......our game plan was great. We knew how to beat them but the guys just didn't execute. GB has been classy about CU since he left, but he was so bad at the PR thing and irritated the community so much I can not imagine a worse image or hire. He is no where on the radar and wouldn't be accepted by the school, community or ad. Average record that got worse the longer he was here coupled with massive baggage means no way no how. We might as well go get Petrino or one of the other guys the boards like to say no to for character flaws if we are even going to entertain GB as coach.

:yeahthat: For those who don't recall: Barney had a CU HC contract in front of his sorry ass, awaiting his signature. It was a very reasonable one, with a base recoginizing his service and status, but his total pay was premised upon reaching incentives, a new concept for Barney, but as virtually all HC contracts are these days. Barney rebelled at the incentive-laden deal, refused to sign and held out. He sulked and then sucked as the HC, losing three straight games, by a total of 130-22, including that all-time embarrassment of 70-3 to Texas--in which in he kept Klatt in the game despite several hits, one of which likely caused a concussion. In my opinion, the only reason he remains "supportive of CU", is his huge guilt over his stupid statements about Hnaida which really fueled the non-scandal and his idiotic use of Klatt in two circumstances (Miami and Texas) which likely caused Klatt concussion damage each time. (Barney's post-game quote, in answer to why he didn't sub out Klatt late in the Miami blow-out: "Why, I didn't even think about it!") Just like he "didn't think about" it when he unnecessarily blew Klatt's red-shirt in a blow-out win over Baylor or when he told Buff fans to "lower their expectations", mostly because he got tired of having to recruit hard in Texas and Cali (he hated recruiting anyway)!

Some "bleeds black and gold" guy, he is!

Back