1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would we be here if Gary Kubiak didn't change his mind in 98

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Still can't believe he accepted the CU job and then turned down hours later.

2. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

This is actually a good question.

I know that Kubiak sees himself as an NFL guy but I think eventually he ends up winning a lot of games as a college coach.

The other side of this is that had he had success at CU, his heart has always been in Texas. aTm would have come up with a bunch of the aggie money and made him an offer he couldn't refuse. He would have been long gone by now.

3. stl/dog

stl/dog Member

Whaaaaa!!!! whaaaaaa!! Don't talk about anything that happened b4! Whaaaaa!!

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

Anyone have the inside story on this? Always seemed weird that he accepted the job, CU set up a press conference, and then Kubes backed out.

5. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

stl/dog has really taken us down a bad road here - this hindsight BS is for the birds - LIVE IN THE NOW! As painful as that may be - sick of dealing in hypotheticals.

One of my favorite quotes, "It is what it is."