What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

would we be here if Mike Bohn did not fire GB?

Question 1: Why does Darth Complain so much? If Darth is not interested in a question, why does he feel the need to respond?

Question 2: Why does Darth Complain so much? If Darth is not interested in a question, why does he feel the need to respond?

do you have a list of lame questions that you go through and then repeat?

Was scheduling the CSU game on a Sunday night then playing Toledo on Thursday a dumb move?

Was that section of students getting kicked out during the '05 Nebraska game embarrassing or what?

Do you think we should have ran the ball more in the 4th quarter of the kansas game?

You guys are pretty funny!!!!

While going down this Path....Was Hawk painting the HC's office as important as he made it out be????

Was Mac's offensive strategy in Lincoln in '94 the best idea?

Did Darrell Scott's mom really become president of a local bank in exchange for him signing a NLOI with the Buffs??

The cupboard was pretty bare when GB left. There was no QB on the roster who could play. We were actually worse then. Nobody has beat us 70-3 since and we were more competitive in general against top 10 type teams under Hawkins than the last few years under GB.

GB flat out couldn't recruit after almost playing for the MNC in 2001. He never had a top class and they got more mediocre each year until the DA spoke, and then Katie Hnida and he was NEVER going to recruit again.

A better question is would we have gotten here if Rick Neu-Weisel didn't procede Mac?
Or would we have gotten here if Barnett didn't procede Rick?
Or would we have gotten here if Barnett would have been fired immediately when the scandal broke?

By the time Hawkins came around, we were irrelevant and we needed a homerun hire. We thought he was. He wasn't even a texas-leaguer bloop single. But we were already blown to bits.

My very first post on Allbuffs stated about 3-4 years ago that the program had been "burned to the ground" by the DA in Boulder County. Later, Hawkins tried to use that "term", to much ridicule. In his last year, they had the coaches do a get together with donors etc in Longmont and I asked Hawkins about this man-to-man. He wet his pants. I knew we had the wrong coach. Wish I'd known it sooner.

So to answer the OP question - we gave Gary Barnett too long. But the biggest problem was hiring Rick to succeed Mac.

At this point, we're basically starting from scratch. No talent, weak facilities, our tradition is mostly ancient history

Digging through the ashes are we? Nice.

If the Olympic committee wasn't bribed by SLC to host the winter games, would the Utes be in the Pac12 right now?

If the State of picked Canyon City to be the home of the University of Colorado back in the 1870's, would Boulder still be cool?

Digging through the ashes are we? Nice.

If the Olympic committee wasn't bribed by SLC to host the winter games, would the Utes be in the Pac12 right now?

If the State of picked Canyon City to be the home of the University of Colorado back in the 1870's, would Boulder still be cool?

Last edited:
Wow. This thread is stupid bc you say so? Trying to find out how we got to the bottom of BCS football under our AD is not fair game on a Buff message board?? So stupid that you just HAD to respond? Thanks for posting your awesome wisdom!

Why do you "Personally have a tremendous amount of faith in their recruiting prowess and believe they will finish very strong" Your post is great and ALL...but why dont you tell us why you have this personal tremendous amount of faith that you wanted to share? I hope you are correct, but what are you seeing that gives you TREMEDOUS faith? Thx

Although I'm on the shut up and show me Embree camp, the strength of Embree/EB is their recruiting. AT this time I think that's about one of the only givens from the staff so far. In state recruiting is a joke (probably more to do with Hawk hanging around too long) but it seems we are going after positions of need like DL to build the program back up.

Bohn fired greg brown? did I miss something? Perhaps I should read the thread. :rolling_eyes:

Barnett > Hawkins.

I'm guessing GB would have put together a few more five win seasons than DH did. And he probably would have shaken his staff up and maybe gotten better. Maybe not. But I doubt he'd have owned a multi year road losing streak.

Barnett > My dog > Hawkins

I'm guessing GB would have put together a few more five win seasons than DH did. And he probably would have shaken his staff up and maybe gotten better. Maybe not. But I doubt he'd have owned a multi year road losing streak.
fify

Back