What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Would you hire Bobby Petrino?

Would you hire Petrino?

• Yes

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 45 64.3%

• Total voters
Wishy-washy is not an option. Have an opinion. :smile2:

4b2008ca-fea9-15d3.jpg

Anyone who thinks we should hire a coach who hired his mistress, paid her 20K and lied about their relationship after a motorcycle crash needs to get their priorities straight.

hot-bobby-petrino-mistress-jessica-dorrell-heels.jpg

Sorry I like Petrino's taste in women and I like coaches that win a lot of football games although I wasn't necessarily talking about CU hiring him.

I don't care that he had an affair. It seems like there's infidelity in most marriages at some point.

But if I'm an AD, I do care that Petrino opened up his last athletic department to a potential legal action by hiring his mistress.

I do care that Petrino lied to his last athletic director about that hire.

I do care that Petrino has a questionable history from the discipline issues he left at Louisville to quitting on his team mid-season with the Falcons to the recent motorcycle diaries at Arkansas.

And I certainly do care that Petrino, despite all that, was allegedly given an out by his AD to accept a small punishment but Petrino believed he was bigger than the department and refused to accept it... forcing his own firing.

I wouldn't hire the guy. He's not the only coach who wins football games.

I don't care that he had an affair. It seems like there's infidelity in most marriages at some point.

But if I'm an AD, I do care that Petrino opened up his last athletic department to a potential legal action by hiring his mistress.

I do care that Petrino lied to his last athletic director about that hire.

I do care that Petrino has a questionable history from the discipline issues he left at Louisville to quitting on his team mid-season with the Falcons to the recent motorcycle diaries at Arkansas.

And I certainly do care that Petrino, despite all that, was allegedly given an out by his AD to accept a small punishment but Petrino believed he was bigger than the department and refused to accept it... forcing his own firing.

I wouldn't hire the guy. He's not the only coach who wins football games.

However, a good portion of their fanbase does. We tend to paint the south with a broad brush, but Arkansas is a lot different than say Baton Rouge or Gainesville. Arkansas is the buckle of the bible belt. For instance, there are still a lot of dry counties in northern Arkansas. Lots of the people their don't have a "as long as we win" SEC attitude. They might have fired him for the lies and hiring legal issues, but I'm sure there was a lot of pressure from some allumni to get rid of him for the affair.

Saints should hire him. They like to cheat, he likes to cheat. They need a coach for about six games, six games is about how long Petrino likes to stay at a job. Makes perfect sense.

However, a good portion of their fanbase does. We tend to paint the south with a broad brush, but Arkansas is a lot different than say Baton Rouge or Gainesville. Arkansas is the buckle of the bible belt. For instance, there are still a lot of dry counties in northern Arkansas. Lots of the people their don't have a "as long as we win" SEC attitude. They might have fired him for the lies and hiring legal issues, but I'm sure there was a lot of pressure from some allumni to get rid of him for the affair.

here is a dry county map. Looks like Arkansas, Kentucky and WVU are very well represented and surprisingly Kansas.

dry-counties.jpg

hot-bobby-petrino-mistress-jessica-dorrell-heels.jpg

Sorry I like Petrino's taste in women and I like coaches that win a lot of football games although I wasn't necessarily talking about CU hiring him.
I'm with you Jimmy, dude is 51 years old and nails a hot woman 25. I'm jealous - there's only one thing worse than not getting what you want, and that's when somebody else gets it. Who agrees with me?

I'm with you Jimmy, dude is 51 years old and nails a hot woman 25. I'm jealous - there's only one thing worse than not getting what you want, and that's when somebody else gets it. Who agrees with me?

I agree there's nothing wrong with wanting to nail 25 year olds.

But if that's what you want to do, you should get a divorce instead of putting your wife and 4 kids through this stuff.

You also shouldn't bring it into your workplace.

Other than those 2 points, I couldn't care less about Petrino's sex life.

I agree there's nothing wrong with wanting to nail 25 year olds.

But if that's what you want to do, you should get a divorce instead of putting your wife and 4 kids through this stuff.

You also shouldn't bring it into your workplace.

Other than those 2 points, I couldn't care less about Petrino's sex life.

:nod:

Sure takes a lot less to be considered "hot" these days I guess.

here is a dry county map. Looks like Arkansas, Kentucky and WVU are very well represented and surprisingly Kansas.

dry-counties.jpg

I have a friend that went to Hendrix college in northern Arkansas. He avoided having to work in college simply by running booze into the county.

Bill Clinton is from Arkansas. Just sayin.

What's the point of having power and money if you can't hire your 25 year old mistress? That's how I look at it.

What's the point of having power if you are too stupid to know how to use it?

luckily, we will not be presented with this choice because (a) we have a coach already, (b) we don't take our football seriously enough, and (c) petrino will feel certain to his core that he could land a "better" job than CU.

other than these factors and his personal failings, it is a great idea!

He's a proven winner. Plus this isn't even an NCAA violation, or even a legal issue so what the problem? It's his life.

Actually it might very well be a legal issue.

It could very well be a legal issue. In addition to the issues about lying to his employers which aren't neccessarily against the law his channeling of money to his young bedwarmer may be an issue of missallocation of university funds. If he has spent AD money on her, taking her places on the university, etc. then you very easily have at least an investigation into legal issues.

With all that it would be surprising if the university doesn't just want this whole thing to go away as quickly as possible. Pursuing legal action against Petrino means that the whole thing stays in the media along with the negative consequences of that media attention. Arky may be very happy just to say go away and let's call it over.

Back