What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wow. Mizzou LB Michael Sam: "I'm gay."

So what would Jesus say to Michael Sam? We haven't touched on that. Would he stone him? Would he love him unconditionally?

Don't all NFL players work on the Sabbath? Shouldn't they be killed for that?

'Therefore you are to observe the sabbath, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people.

So what would Jesus say to Michael Sam? We haven't touched on that. Would he stone him? Would he love him unconditionally?

come to me all you who are downtrodden my yoke is easy and my burden is light, there is a new contract no more getting stoned unless you live in colorado or washington

If I remember correctly, ~10 years ago there was a highly regarded tackle out of BYU who passed on the NFL for this reason.
Yeah I remember that. Being Mormon didn't stop Te'o and Steve Young among others (a descendant of Brigham Young) from playing in the NFL.

if you are a jew in the ot, hell yeah
Religious Jews can't apply college football for the most part. Maryland basketball had this overrated recruit named Tamir Goodman, they were about to reschedule some games so they wouldn't be played from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday. When they realized he wasn't good enough for MD, they ceased this plan.

Religious Jews can't apply college football for the most part. Maryland basketball had this overrated recruit named Tamir Goodman, they were about to reschedule some games so they wouldn't be played from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday. When they realized he wasn't good enough for MD, they ceased this plan.

well he could be catholic for college then convert back to jewish for the no fun league, problem solved.

if you are a jew in the ot, hell yeah

I thought Jesus said those laws are still valid. Now he died for us so it's a bit moot but why do Christians love to pick out the gay sins more than the others?

A bit off-topic but anyone remember when the selection committee lead by Jim Livengood (a BYU grad I believe), accidentally scheduled BYU for a Fri-Sun pairing? If they had won the Friday game, they would've been placed in a different pod, but it was about to screw up the brackets.

I thought Jesus said those laws are still valid. Now he died for us so it's a bit moot but why do Christians love to pick out the gay sins more than the others?

“Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to cast a stone at her.”

It's the one sin that many Christians think allows them to cast the first stone.

read romans 1, that is not talking about people outside the faith, it is talking about once enlightened folks. Hell yeah they are uptight about it, fear of what is inside IMHO.

you have the choice to live under the law if you so choose, I don't ie can't.

As the parent of an 11 year-old, my concern is how to explain to her, that for much of the world, sexual and romantic relationships between people of the same sex, are just as valid/reasonable/acceptable, as "normal" relationships. At this point, it's hard for me to imagine explaining that, without making my prejudice in favor of normal relationships clear to her - which to a child may make the 'forbidden' area more attractive. I needed another headache.

As the parent of an 11 year-old, my concern is how to explain to her, that for much of the world, sexual and romantic relationships between people of the same sex, are just as valid/reasonable/acceptable, as "normal" relationships. At this point, it's hard for me to imagine explaining that, without making my prejudice in favor of normal relationships clear to her - which to a child may make the 'forbidden' area more attractive. I needed another headache.
hehe, I can see how that would be difficult for you.

Yeah dude you gotta be careful. If you make it sound too forbidden she'll just go gay. I know I would've been all over sucking some dicks if I heard doing so was really abnormal and cool.

Yeah dude you gotta be careful. If you make it sound too forbidden she'll just go gay. I know I would've been all over sucking some dicks if I heard doing so was really abnormal and cool.
Brilliant - all he has to do is say that being gay is cool. BOOM insta straight.

Good question. I remember when I was a kid, the advent of no-fault divorce was seen as the marker of the end of civilization. It is probably normal human tendency to see the perceived ill of the day more greatly.

However, if one were to look at it biblically, there are gradations of sin. Most Christians tend both think all sin is the same, but that is not consistent with NT writings.

Good question. I remember when I was a kid, the advent of no-fault divorce was seen as the marker of the end of civilization. It is probably normal human tendency to see the perceived ill of the day more greatly.

However, if one were to look at it biblically, there are gradations of sin. Most Christians tend both think all sin is the same, but that is not consistent with NT writings.
Huh? OT was very specific about measuring sins. clarify.

Who isn't a sinner? Only one sin, according to the book, separates and that sin that separates in not same sex partnership, period end of story. If a christian says anything different he or she has a problem with the author of the book

If that was supposed to be a response to my question (which was directed to Walter White btw), you missed. I'm not here to argue with your belief system. I'm interested in what Walter believes the consequences should be (on this Earth, not in the after life).

Back