What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WR Jeff Thomas to grey shirt?

Hey Gerald and Nelson, you just got more pressure. Moett will handle him, dont wanna say anything till we know whats going on. Keep your head up JT.

Prayers for JT and his family. I know that first semester away from home can be mighty tough.

Good luck JT

As for cu, can't ever catch a break. As for wr's and pulling cb's to play the position, this should be a non issue with the great kennedy recruiting for us...

Bummer, I was hoping JT could be a threat this year. Hopefully he's back in January and ready to rock out next season.

Confirmed by 247 and Rivals via post practice interview with Coach Embree today. :bang:

Don't need DB's to switch over. At running back, we have kids like DD Goodson and Josh Ford absorbing pine splinters. They are already on the offense, understand the terminology. A better transition. Also, it might be better for Malcom Creer to work his way back in from an injury as a receiver.

Don't need DB's to switch over. At running back, we have kids like DD Goodson and Josh Ford absorbing pine splinters. They are already on the offense, understand the terminology. A better transition. Also, it might be better for Malcom Creer to work his way back in from an injury as a receiver.

It was a joke!

Good luck JT

As for cu, can't ever catch a break. As for wr's and pulling cb's to play the position, this should be a non issue with the great kennedy recruiting for us...

Yer standing too close to battery without protection! Keep that up and they'll bust you to groundpounder!

Kennedy's in the toughest market (North Mexico) to recruit and has done okay so far, the other Thomas looks like a keeper; not BK's fault PRich went down.

Time to call 1-800-PeytonWilliams. Take that Grayshirt off boy, school starts Monday.

I have no information if he is close to ready to go, but I am not comfortable with the depth. We are an injury or two from disaster.
I am under the impression that P-Williams would be ready to play in a few weeks from a playbook/mental part of it....
I'd feel better if he redshirted and was available if disaster comes calling.

Yer standing too close to battery without protection! Keep that up and they'll bust you to groundpounder!

Kennedy's in the toughest market (North Mexico) to recruit and has done okay so far, the other Thomas looks like a keeper; not BK's fault PRich went down.

Kennedy has ties out the arse in texas, let's not play the excuse game private,

Even with this we still have more real bodies at WR than we did last year at this time. Remember that Espy was fairly high on the depth chart at the start of the season. What we don't have is a healthy PRich to highlight the postion. Healthy he takes a lot of pressure off the rest of the guys at the position. Hopefully his recovery doesn't hit any setbacks and we get him by WSU. Even if he isn't fully back he is a serious threat until proven otherwise.

If times get tough in numbers as mentioned above Goodson and Ford are the likely fill-ins. Before that happens I would expect to see them slide Thornton back over again. Also you would likely see a lot more two tight end sets.

Time to call 1-800-PeytonWilliams. Take that Grayshirt off boy, school starts Monday.

I have no information if he is close to ready to go, but I am not comfortable with the depth. We are an injury or two from disaster.
I am under the impression that P-Williams would be ready to play in a few weeks from a playbook/mental part of it....
I'd feel better if he redshirted and was available if disaster comes calling.

I believe Peyton would be all for this because he was really trying to expedite his rehab to play this year. Might be too late at this point (don't know the rules about declaring a grayshirt, can it be retracted?).

I thought i read somewhere he was taking classes at CU this past summer? I Could be completely off base on that.

Best of luck to Jeff. I just hope all is well with Jeff and his family.

You are a Buff. Please make it back to us if and when all is well with you.

I believe Peyton would be all for this because he was really trying to expedite his rehab to play this year. Might be too late at this point (don't know the rules about declaring a grayshirt, can it be retracted?).

I thought i read somewhere he was taking classes at CU this past summer? I Could be completely off base on that.

You cannot greyshirt if you are enrolled. Your eligibility clock starts with enrollment in college.

Even with this we still have more real bodies at WR than we did last year at this time. Remember that Espy was fairly high on the depth chart at the start of the season. What we don't have is a healthy PRich to highlight the postion. Healthy he takes a lot of pressure off the rest of the guys at the position. Hopefully his recovery doesn't hit any setbacks and we get him by WSU. Even if he isn't fully back he is a serious threat until proven otherwise.

If times get tough in numbers as mentioned above Goodson and Ford are the likely fill-ins. Before that happens I would expect to see them slide Thornton back over again. Also you would likely see a lot more two tight end sets.

We also don't have Clemons or anyone like him. He turned out to be a total bad ass.

We also don't have Clemons or anyone like him. He turned out to be a total bad ass.

Coming into last season we were just hoping that TClem would wake up and step up but we certainly weren't expecting him to become an NFL draft choice. We won't be starting this season with anyone with the combination of experience and physical talent that TClem had. That said excluding PRich I see us as deeper and more athletic top to bottom than last year at WR at the start of the season. Even with TClem he was almost invisible the first half of the season, certainly nothing special. The question is will someone step forward and make it happen this year.

We really don't know what we have. Here's to hoping Gerald Thomas is the real deal, and that PRich continues his miraculous recovery

We really don't know what we have. Here's to hoping Gerald Thomas is the real deal, and that PRich continues his miraculous recovery

Agreed, but we don't really have anyone that passes the eye test like clemmons did, do we?

Agreed, but we don't really have anyone that passes the eye test like clemmons did, do we?

Not really and it is an issue. It needs to change going forward.

I have no idea what Mtn means by more "real" bodies at WR right now. The RBs and TEs will need to pick up some of the slack.

Not really and it is an issue. It needs to change going forward.

I have no idea what Mtn means by more "real" bodies at WR right now. The RBs and TEs will need to pick up some of the slack.

Last year we were much more impressive with the first two but Ebner, Espy, etc were the depth. The pre-season articles highlighted Espy as the replacement for Scotty in the slot. This year we don't have the starters but are much deeper at least in terms of athletes, most are unproven but we have much better athletes for depth. Still not close to were we need to be but improving significantly.

Back