1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSU $80 Million dollar stadium expansion - financed through future Pac-12 revenue

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Del, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Del

Del Member

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/cougars/2016599901_coug25.html

Okay, I get we have to pay off Hawkins and still owe on Barnett but why can't we do something like this to get a new fieldhouse with parking structure that can be used by the track and football team? I'm hoping Bohn is prepping the regents for some upcoming improvements and selling it with the future revenue angle.

2. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Undisputed top priority is Video Boards at Folsom. An absolute eyesore with that green stripe across the picture. Everything else is a distant second.

3. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Aren't they building an indoor golf facility?!?

One thing at a time, boys!

4. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I think new and bigger video boards are on schedule for next season

5. Buffsoldier

Buffsoldier Well-Known Member

I would argue that replacing that ****ed up sound system should be a VERY close second. Still second, but VERY close.

6. buffedup

I'd be good with the whole Home Theater treatment.

7. Unleash Hell

I was embarrased at the game SAturday. I was sitting there thinking to myself Colorado is a much better program historically than Oregon, but they have much better facilities, and they are kicking our ass.

8. Crash Davis

Crash Davis MA....THE MEATLOAF!!! Club Member

Do we seriously still owe money to GB? That's ****ing crazy. :wow:

9. Unleash Hell

I don't think we do, just Hawk now I think

10. buffedup

I think it is now really paying off the loan that the AD took out from the University at the time for GB and other expenses.

11. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

No, we don't owe Barnett anything. And it's not like we really owe Hawkins all that much, either. Those aren't valid considerations.

12. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Thought the total due on those types of expenditures was still in the $5,000,000- 7,000,000 range. The B-Ball facility is also still not fully funded. You can bet that year 1 of our Pac-12 money will go to paying off old coaches, settling up facilities debts and reasonably priced revenue and experienced focused upgrades ex: Video boards, suite remodel for the Flat Irons club.

13. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

Take your sound systems and video boards, the fact the CU does not have an indoor practice facility is a complete joke - and the bubble does not count.

14. buffedup

Yes it does. Freaking Texas uses a bubble for indoor practice. Long term it would be nice, but the bubble makes it not a top priority.

15. Unleash Hell

Agreed we have basically what Texas has for practice facility. Video boards should be top priority as they are.

Also, does anybody know if Coors will ever get a video/scoreboard above center court?

16. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

Gee wiz, what's the all-time low temp. in Austin during the FB season? 50? Every school of any stature in a cold weather clime has one, CU needs one, end of subject.

17. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

Not a valid comparison. While Boulder doesn't need an indoor facility as much as someplace like Minn or even Oregon, they do need one. Pretending it's ok we don't have one because a warm-weather school doesn't have one is silly.

18. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Does Texas NEED an indoor practice facility? Does it ever freeze/snow down there? I would think the only reason they might need an indoor facility would be to get out of the rain.

And isn't part of CU's problem with an indoor facility the fact that there's really no place to PUT an indoor facility? That's a pretty large construction project -- where would they build such a facility?

The bubble makes it possible for CU to continue to have a field during the times when the bubble isn't up. I think that is CU's preference.

19. absinthe

roof wont support it.

20. Unleash Hell

Personally I think video boards, sound system, pimped lockerooms and training rooms are a bigger priority for 18 year olds than a permanent practice facility

21. Unleash Hell

that sucks, sounds like a new basketball arena should be in the future. Come on there has to be a big time CU sugar daddy out there!!!

22. absinthe

I don't think we need to go that far with Coors, if we wanted to push the video board thing 1 in all 4 corners with a better PA system would do it. I would like to see an interior remodel in Coors but honestly a small job in the range of half the cost of the basketball facility focus on modernizing it and making it louder should be more than enough.

23. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

we just need to pop the roof on the sucker (Washington did the same thing) and then we can get all kinds of upgrades there:

center video boards
    new sounds system
    eliminate the corner bathrooms
    additional concessions
    how about a permanent club level on the west side with and outdoor balcony to look at the flatirons
    press/luxury/club seat on the east side

it's time to pimp out basketball.

24. absinthe

Here is the issue that is a massive project, we have a lot of sports and a lot of needs blowing it all in one place doesn't make a ton of sense, especially not when a much smaller upgrade gets you 90% of the way there.

25. absinthe

Keep in mind Scholly costs are going up roughly 2500 a head per athlete next year. That will take a chunk out of our increase, we've got debt from previous coaches, debt from the BBall facility, and some cost sharing with the school that is likely to get yanked going forward; and of course a 9ish Million dollar revenue shortfall from our lack of media rights this year. All of that is going to conspire to wipe out year one of the Pac-12 tier 1&2 rights and we haven't seen **** on the tier 3's. The latter might actually get us enough to spend on one cool project but we have a big nut we have to pay off right now.

26. tante

thanks captain buzzkill.

27. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

There needs to be a public plan that the AD puts out about priorities for facilities sooner rather than later. We can spitball on here all we want, but it would be nice to hear the actual people in charge lay out their goals and visions.

28. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

A couple posts on rivals by SD and Left Hand makes this seem inevitable. Just waiting on all the funding

29. tante

can't we just put it in layaway like WSU?

30. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Wazzu is following the bailer model (only in a much more stable conference).

Down Waco-way, the powers that be borrowed somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-10 years future tv money for AD improvements. And the money is spent.