What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WTF? Is Bzdelik leaving or not?

Yeah..... I was being facetious with my outrage. Haskins and co. got completely jacked by the NCAA and Booby Jackson went on to an illustrious career of ruining NBA franchises. Brewster and Tubby were massive hires for that AD.

The positive I see, should McClain take the reins is the consistency with an assistant who has history with all of the players. Should keep the program moving ahead without the attrition of Bz's first year at the helm. In terms of Xs and Os... who knows. Likely a downgrade. Mike Dunlap surely is the best coach CU can get at the price he would command. Thoughts?

I thought it might have been sarcasm, but wasn't sure.:thumbsup: My brother has a friend who is a bigtime Nuggets fan (family has had season tickets for about 15 years). He met Jackson a couple times, said he might have been one of the dumbest guys he has encountered.:lol:

I agree that Dunlap would be a good choice.

What a shi**y situation. We should just hire a coach (maybe not the best out there) that will actually fully invest himself into the program and not jump ship as soon as the going gets tough

I hope Katz is full of ****. I would hate to see Coach Bz leave. I felt like we got a glimpse of good things to come at the end of the year. I really liked the way the team played given their personnel. We were a team that no one wanted to play by the end of the year. We tested some really good teams.

It would be embarrassing to lose a D-1 coach to become an assistant in the NBA. I cannot remember this ever happening. If Bz does leave, that leaves a pretty poor reflection of where he thinks our program is headed.

Today's DP talks about Rambis being courted for the Wolves #1 spot. I guess I'm still a little confused to why management would be courting a #2 when if it is Rambis, he obviously would have enough contacts in the NBA coaching world to make his own hires.

I'm still thinking this is leftover from the "contact" Bz had & that there's no real story here.

Rambis.. really? I guess they're hoping that those years sitting next to Phil Jackson have improved him as a coach. And I guess they're forgetting his first crack at head coaching.

What a mess of an organization. I think they just drafted another PG.

I think it changes things if it's Rambis instead of Jackson. Less need for an associate head coach and the big salary that goes with it.

These rumors will likely happen every off-season. Hopefully Union is right and this is just leftover from last month's story. But if he leaves now, seriously :wtf:

Hawk Love said:
I hope Katz is full of ****. I would hate to see Coach Bz leave. I felt like we got a glimpse of good things to come at the end of the year. I really liked the way the team played given their personnel. We were a team that no one wanted to play by the end of the year. We tested some really good teams.

Couldn't agree more. Definitely saw improvement towards the end, just too young and inexperienced to finish games. Looking forward to what they can do with a year under their belt and the additions of Tunks, Burks, and Relphorde.

yeah - I've calmed down since my last post, but I still think it'd be cowardly of him to leave. I'm really not high on Harris-Tunks, but I do like what Bz has recruited on the wings. Rephorde seems like a good guy to have, but we have no true bigs or great talent at the 1-spot. Mick is right - Bz gutted the program, and has yet to really get it to where he wants. We're handcuffed by his actions at this point.

I think Bz stays, but if he leaves (which I fully anticipated at his hire - just not now), it'll just suck balls so bad...

Dunlap isn't coming to CU in my opinion. We would need to find a darkhorse guy. I liked Josh Pastner a lot, but he's taken. If there's another good assistant right now that is looking for his first job, I'd take him. Wojo at Duke was mentioned last time - he'd be good, but I'm biased.

If Bz does leave, that leaves a pretty poor reflection of where he thinks our program is headed.

this, is some scary shizz. it's hard not to think something like this, like when it's really dark in the house and you are walking to the bathroom in the middle of the night and you can sort of convince yourself someone is in the house that shouldn't be...right around the hall corner. as a kind of worst case scenario.

i think it's better than likely that BZ is still our guy when it's time to tip it up in November.

I liked Josh Pastner a lot, but he's taken. If there's another good assistant right now that is looking for his first job, I'd take him. Wojo at Duke was mentioned last time - he'd be good, but I'm biased.

Pastner was always going to be on a fast track. i remember hearing his name for the first time when i used to read and post on hornfans.com hoops board around 99-01ish (not as the guitarist from the Spiders from Mars). with his dad's Houston connects and pedigree, i don't see CU ever being a job he'd ever take except in a too soon Neu type situation. and that's passed, prolly.

it was interesting he didn't get the Lute-successor coronation but he's still pretty young. Memphis was in a free fall after Cal packed up his scum bag and took their #1 all-time recruiting class to UK or blew it up. it will be interesting to see how he does or maybe someone else wins the joke that is C-USA (Tulsa?). i used to really like the C-USA back before the Big East raided it. that was fun basketball league.

FWIW, a poster at Rivals claims to have a good source who is saying that the rumors started by Katz are false.

Kelvin Sampson to Milwaukee.

Waitaminnit...[/QUOTE]

Wasn't like Kelvin the Two-time-Busted Cheater had much choice!

Shows how good college basketball has treated me lately. I thought Pastner was still with Arizona. Don't know why I would have made that mistake, as Lute's run off every good assistant he's had since his personal problems made him lose his mind. Pastner would have been a hell of a pull if Cal had stayed HC at Memphis. Any kid who plays AAU for Houston Hoops is a basketball god in the state, even though they don't always mature into gamebreakers on the college level (Jawaan McClellan, Nic Wise). Recently joining HH? Alex Kirk. Wouldn't be surprised if he adds Memphis to his interest list soon.

yeah, Sampson had to "quit" twice with cheating in the mix to make the same move.

i used to actually respect that guy and like to watch his teams play. but, what a dickhead to blow it at IU *again*. they loved him in Bloomington after Mike Davis, according to my buddy who is a die-hard IU guy. then, he turned around and screwed it up.

We're taking anything said by ESPN seriously why? Andy Katz?

There is no way that Minnesota would even talk about hiring assistants until they had a head coach. This rumor is ridiculous.

And why would Bz leave a job for the nano-second long tenure of an assistant in the NBA?

Andy Katz is throwing sh*t at the wall. We shouldn't be concerned.

According to yahoo sports, Rambis getting hired would end the Bzdelik talk:

Los Angeles Lakers assistant Kurt Rambis is on the brink of becoming the coach of the Minnesota Timberwolves, multiple league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

After meeting with Timberwolves executives, including owner Glen Taylor, Rambis was working on assembling a coaching staff in anticipation of receiving a formal offer on Thursday, sources said.

Rambis is expected to hire Dave Wohl as his top assistant, an Eastern Conference executive said. Let go as an assistant GM in Boston this summer, Wohl has a close relationship with Rambis and has nearly 25 years of NBA coaching experience. It is believed that one current Minnesota assistant – possibly Ed Pinckney or Dean Cooper – could stay to be a part of Rambis’ staff.

More From Adrian Wojnarowski
Blazers agree to deal with Roy Aug 5, 2009
Celtics land Williams Aug 3, 2009
Rambis’ hiring could have a positive impact on the Wolves’ chances of luring the fifth overall pick in the draft, Spain’s Ricky Rubio(notes). Rubio’s agent, Dan Fegan, is fond of Rambis.

Rambis is expected to beat out television analyst Mark Jackson and Houston assistant Elston Turner for the job. All the coaching finalists had to undergo a lengthy psychological exam, sources said. It was the same test administered during the GM search.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-rambiswolves080609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Solid. Puts that to rest. CBI or bust in 2010! And yes, kids, that is optimism.

CBI or bust in 2010! And yes, kids, that is optimism.

I think most Buffs B-Ball fans would be please with the CBI.

It's just August, so I'm still hoping we get into the NCAAs. Probably have to win 2 games in Maui for that to look realistic.

Being as objective as I can, I think the NIT is a solid goal for this season with the NCAA a bit of an overachievement if we make it, the CBI a nice improvement that falls somewhat short of "what could have been", and missing the postseason a major disappointment.

Last I year we got what we should have expected - a horrible season full of growing. This year, I don't think there are too many excuses (aside from no big men) for us not garnering serious attention for NIT. If the players have improved on their potential, the team should be decent.

Last I year we got what we should have expected - a horrible season full of growing. This year, I don't think there are too many excuses (aside from no big men) for us not garnering serious attention for NIT. If the players have improved on their potential, the team should be decent.
So, they were lying about Tunks' height?

Back