1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTF! Major now out with ACL. Hawk, stop practice now....

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buffsyko, Aug 13, 2008.

1. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Just kidding:smile2:

This has got to be the WORST off-season i've seen in awhile as far as cu losing players before the season starts.

Major,katoa,hudgins,vaiamounga on the defensive side AND tau, fataagi, simas, iltis, espinosa on offense not including maiva since he's gone.

It's hard for hawk and staff to build depth when we have a bunch of season ending injuries and suspensions and academic casulties.

2. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

I read that Florida has had five players with ACL's-
    csu has been hit hard on defense, UCLA lost their starting
    QB again & USC lost theirs as well-

football is a violent & unforgiving sport-

3. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

I know that for a while they were practicing on the turf of the bubble field because of all the rain; is that turf contributing to the injuries? Vaz, were you there? Was it on the regular field, or on the practice bubble turf?

4. BuffThat

BuffThat Member

the "new" turf (fieldturf, sporturf, etc) isn't like the astroturf of yesteryear, it actually "gives" a good bit, really preventing these type of injuries. without any direct knowledge of the situation with major, my guess is that it would not be turf related.

5. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

they always have something going on on the turf during practice since Hawk's been here. i don't think that's the difference.

6. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Yeah. We have a bit more agressive coach for a change whose practices are probably a lot more physical. Its just part of the game. I don't expect he'll be firing our strength coach for doing his job like our last one did.

7. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

Bummer to hear about Major. Was he going to be re-shirted anyway? How's Mohler doing?

8. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

No, I've read that Major was probably going to get some playing time during the season as he was prgoressing well. Mohler is doing pretty good, the coaches are happy with him and should compete for the MLB starting position.

9. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

Right, but there has to be some moderation too, toughness is good but not at the expense of so many players. Unless it's just a run of terrible luck.

10. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I think it is bad luck.

So, that means Katoa and Major are now redshirted (one medical). It's a bummer, but not the end of the world. We have plenty of depth at LB (for now).