What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WTF ram "fans"

sure does help when you lay a tarp over 8000 seats (colesium seats over 100K)

why don't they pull the tarps and sell all of the seats?

you cant see the field from those seats becuase of the secondary stand they bring in.

Not to take anything away, but SC selling out and having those attendance numbers is new in the last 3 years or so. They've also "closed off" a bunch of obstructed view seats to decrease the total capacity. That said, having crowds in the 90,000 for the last few seasons goes to show you that fans like winners, especially fans in Lala land.

I agree with the winning thing I was trying to find numbers from the 1990's but they are not readily available.

edit:
Ok best I could get was pre-HPC when they averaged 58,000 in attendance vs last 2 years at 90k+ so winning = 32,000 more tickets sold.

Last edited:
Colorado stats:
year Average attendance
1998 47,419
1999 47,863
2000 49,990
2001 47,475
2002 49,214
2003 50,431
2004 47,895
2005 50,409
2006 46,048

% Full

1998 91%
1999 92%
2000 96%
2001 91%
2002 95%
2003* 94%
2004 89%
2005 94%
2006 86%

*First season with new club seats and luxury boxes.

I am SHOCKED it was that high when I was there, it seemed more like 75-85% at all times.
FYI:
Sellouts were on that list were 9 total 2 in 02,03,05 1 in 99,01,04, none in 98,00,06
Our best years were 95 and 96 at 52,160 and 52,098 respectively most sellouts was 1993 with 5

Last edited:
maybe less students wouldnt be so bad then if they could sell the tickets to people who would show up

maybe less students wouldnt be so bad then if they could sell the tickets to people who would show up

The students are the most fickle group of the CU fan base. Good weather+ good football team= lots of students in the stands. While that's true for most fans, it's most glaring with the students. If the team is down or the weather is substandard, then the students are not as loud and proud. I do wish the students could at least get to their seats by KO though.

Was it just me, or did others think the students showed up in greater numbers last year? I was actually fairly impressed with them last year, especially considering the year we had.

The students are the most fickle group of the CU fan base. Good weather+ good football team= lots of students in the stands. While that's true for most fans, it's most glaring with the students. If the team is down or the weather is substandard, then the students are not as loud and proud. I do wish the students could at least get to their seats by KO though.

This is a DIRECT result of the beer ban. When I went to CU, we would show up a good half hour or more prior to kickoff just to **** with the opposing team. Now the students stay out longer in order to get their drink on.

This is a DIRECT result of the beer ban. When I went to CU, we would show up a good half hour or more prior to kickoff just to **** with the opposing team. Now the students stay out longer in order to get their drink on.

:yeahthat:

Any chance of this ever coming back? I can only imagine this would help to bring in more fans and a **** load more money for the AD

Any chance of this ever coming back? I can only imagine this would help to bring in more fans and a **** load more money for the AD

Are you kidding me? They'd have to admit it was a mistake first, and that will never happen.

Was it just me, or did others think the students showed up in greater numbers last year? I was actually fairly impressed with them last year, especially considering the year we had.

Nope, not just you. the students were great last year. Let's hope they keep it up.

Are you kidding me? They'd have to admit it was a mistake first, and that will never happen.

:yeahthat:

Not to mention the fact that the decision makers can still drink away during games. Why on earth would they bring it back?

What a crock of ****. Would that be Bohn's decision to reverse or someone else?

Regents, I believe. And where they sit (suites, club seats, Flatirons Club), alcohol is still readily available. Why would they change their minds when it's not affecting them in the slightest?

I'll hold out (foolish) hope that since all the original decision makers are gone that there's a chance, even if that chance is worse than me winning the powerball that I don't even buy a ticket for.

Why would Ram fan go? Their super bowl and season are over. All this talk about getting ready for the mtn. weenie division is shown to be the farce it is when they can't sell out a top ten opponent game.

:rofl:

Exactly, once the CU game is over the lammie fans don't seem to care about or support their team.

I'd imagine that many, many csu grads move away after school. Ft. Collins has grown so much, so fast, that I'd bet a high percentage of the city population just doesn't connect with the school. Also, with winter approaching, the sheep need attending to. :thumbsup:

This argument would come up every so often as to why CSU and CU don't draw well, and I always felt the simple answer is that the Denver area is a pro sports town, particularly a Bronco town. Even when CU was very successful from '89 thru the mid-90's they weren't selling out every game.

Regents, I believe. And where they sit (suites, club seats, Flatirons Club), alcohol is still readily available. Why would they change their minds when it's not affecting them in the slightest?

That was a Boulder Chancellor decision (Mr. Byyny at the time), as Folsom falls under his/her jurisdiction. The current occupant could rescind it, but it's highly unlikely since all the money folks can still get beer - and always could.

Back