1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WVA @ CU To Be Played On A Thursday Night

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by InTheBuff, Dec 19, 2007.

1. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

2. IDBUFF

IDBUFF Active Member

This is ESPN running the show take it ($$) or leave it - good to get the exposure but takes away from the saturday tradition

3. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I don't mind a Thursday night game. A lot of big schools have done it in the past, including OU. As long as it is a once a year deal and a bye week precedes it, I don't really see a down side.

4. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

I can live with it. Its this national exposure that helps our recruiting efforts. Guess I have to sacrifice and have a very long Friday because I sure as hell won't change my gameday preparations. Somehow I should be able to find the strength...:smile2:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  5. RuffBuff

RuffBuff Club Member Club Member

do they know this is CU and NOT CSU....:wow::confused:

6. 66BUFF

66BUFF FTW Club Member

1. fly in thur morning
    2. game on thur night
    3. golf on fri
    4. golf on sat
    5. fly home sun

works for me

7. CUinDC

CUinDC Member

One more game I know I can watch from the East Coast...I like it!

8. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Huh?

9. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

The national TV exposure on a Thursday night is great but I agree in that I miss the Saturday tradition in these cases.

As for the mention in that article about the FSU game being moved, I don't like that one at all because I'm not a fan of moving games off campus and into the NFL stadiums, other than the 3 traditional ones out there. It takes away from the college atmosphere too much.

10. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

As long as it's not an additional home game that we are giving up, I don't care. In this particular case I love it. It gives us a bye week before facing WVU, and ensures that we would face FSU minus their 20 some odd players that are to be suspended.

Normally I'm not too down with the Thursday night games, but in this case, with the potential of a bye the week before and an additional couple days of rest before facing UT, I love it.

11. Bone Buff

Bone Buff Well-Known Member

Big Least always has a game on thursday night. Its usually a pretty big one too, so I'm surprised they want us for it.

12. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Don't like Thursday night games.

I'll deal with it, though.

13. unionbuff

unionbuff Club Member Club Member

I guess no road trip this year - looks like 2 days off of work & 2 nights in a hotel up in Boulder for this game is a must. I actually think it may be a cool novelty - but I'm glad that it'll only happen once this season (or ever).

And I agree with HF, spreading out the FSU, WVU & UT games is a great, great plan. If we played them as was planned on the original schedule, that's a BRUTEL 3 weeks.

CU may as well just cancel classes on Friday though. I know if I was still in school, a Thursday night game would give me reason to start my wknd on Tuesday. :drink::dance::gobuffs:

14. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

One year when I was at CU we played Stanford on a Thursday night. I don't think I did much the next day. :lol:

15. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

you know those lefty, ex-hippie profs will be doing their best to schedule some exams that friday.

16. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Puhlease.....? :huh: Tradition is boring.

This is awesome! I'll get to go to this game cause Mommy will have the kids and it will not interupt our weekend construction programs.

Major national tv exposure is a huge bonus for us. Obviously, someone took notice of our rising stock. :thumbsup:

:cool:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  17. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I'm with Miami, we're talking about one game being moved to Thursday for freaking national TV. I don't see much downside here. This is the type of game where the Buffs have a chance to make a major statement heading into conference play.

18. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

I think in '89 we opened the season with Wyoming on Thursday night...

Heck, in college did you ever go to class on Friday? The weekend started on Thursday afternoon.

19. NWD Buff

NWD Buff Club Sandwich Club Member

This change also gives us extra time to prepare for Texass. I am willing to bet that this was something that we pushed for.

Besides. I would trade playing every Folsom game on Thursdays for getting rid of the one game at Invesco.

20. ColoradoTide

ColoradoTide New Member

I like the Thursday night game. Drive in from the Springs that morning, then take Friday off to spend the rest of the weekend in Estes Park to enjoy the fall colors and elk.