What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wyoming is in Trouble.....

McKnight no. Espinoza and Ebner yes. Unfortunately that's all we have right now. If you want a converted CB project of 2 weeks in there before them... I don't know what to say.

I'd rather have speed in there than work ethic. What good does great route running do if you can't get separation? If you're lock down covered for 10 seconds while Cody is getting the bum's rush and only has time for 1 read this will not work. Ever. Simmons and Wright could at least get separation and give us a chance.

Wright made ONE good catch!!! But it was in garbage time vs Toledo's backups:rolleyes:

Are you sure they were Toledo's backups?

And yes, I think there are 5 or 6 WR's on the team who are better than Espy. He is slow and short and not talented. He wouldn't start on a sun belt team IMO.

Wright made a good catch against Toledo, Simmons made a good catch against CSU. Add in Simas for Wyoming who has been the best WR on the team the last 3 years, but hasn't seent he field and I think you make the job for the QB a little easier, than if they are throwing to those white boys. yes I said it!:smile2:

Uhh, I got an infraction for just mentioning that they're white so I wouldn't recommend making that type of comment.

Wright made ONE good catch!!! But it was in garbage time vs Toledo's backups:rolleyes:

I think he made two, but one was called back for holding. I'm not weighing in on this argument because it horrifies me, but I'm just sayin'...

Your logic is flawed. Just because he is starting for the 2009 Colorado Buffaloes, that does not automatically mean he is a talented WR. I want you to be completely honest and tell me how many other Big 12 teams he would start for.

Also, the fact he is a 5'8" white, walk-on WR does not make him slow. The fact that he is indeed not very fast makes him slow. Seriously, you cannot be watching the games and thinking "Wow, that Espinoza has blazing speed." The differences in speed at the WR position on Friday between the two teams was pathetic.

Simmons isn't ready yet. Instead of going up to break up an INT thrown towards him he jumped up waiting for the ball to get to him... That's not completely his fault there tho

And I can't believe people still rag on McKnight. He is a warrior and great Buff... and statistically one our the best Buff WR's of all time

Are you sure they were Toledo's backups?

And yes, I think there are 5 or 6 WR's on the team who are better than Espy. He is slow and short and not talented. He wouldn't start on a sun belt team IMO.

Please name them:smile2:

Espy would probably start for 0 other Big XII teams... but he is who we have for the moment

Again, just saying "he is the best we have at the moment" ( which I do not necessarily buy, but I will play along) is not a sound argument for him being a good player. If you want to bury your head in the sand and be happy that it has come to be that Jason Espinoza is starting at WR for us, be our guest. Just do not expect anyone to agree with you.

pissbomber i agree with you. hard to really comment on our football team without being banned but i do feel like our receivers would make a great student council. as far as anyone being in trouble when they face us? all i can do is laugh instead of cry. this is the worst buff team i've ever seen. that's no bull. i am dissapointed cause I believed this guy, up until we made negative progress this year.

You will still see the same problems regardless of receivers. You still have the same QB throwing the ball. The book has been out on Cody for a long time. He is not mobile and he has a weak arm (that is why most of his completions are short passes). Other teams know that if they rush him and put a hand in his face that he will make bad decisions. He can hit a big pass once in awhile but not enough to consistently hurt you.

When you have a junior QB in his third year as a starter and he has the worst passing efficiency rating of all Big 12 starting QBs it should tell you something.

The yards per attempt still hover around 5.5, way too low for most teams. It has been that way for over a year. Simas might be a better receiver but I doubt that is going to be much of a difference...

We don't have Big 12 receivers nor do we have Big 12 QB, IMO.

You will still see the same problems regardless of receivers. You still have the same QB throwing the ball. The book has been out on Cody for a long time. He is not mobile and he has a weak arm (that is why most of his completions are short passes). Other teams know that if they rush him and put a hand in his face that he will make bad decisions. He can hit a big pass once in awhile but not enough to consistently hurt you.

When you have a junior QB in his third year as a starter and he has the worst passing efficiency rating of all Big 12 starting QBs it should tell you something.

The yards per attempt still hover around 5.5, way too low for most teams. It has been that way for over a year. Simas might be a better receiver but I doubt that is going to be much of a difference...

We don't have Big 12 receivers nor do we have Big 12 QB, IMO.

We have Big 12 WR's, they just aren't playing and thats whats really frustrating me!

No, they laugh and then put another guy in the box to stop the very big and fast Demitrius Sumler....and they laugh again and take the guy that they were going to put in the box to stop the RB and tell him to just go get the QB.

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Couldn't be more true...

Toledo game. Had some nice YAC. What has he shown to make you think he's not talented? The color of his skin? Unfortunately that's likely what it is

I'm pretty sure that's not why my reaction to you calling him more talented than McKnight was :wow::wow:...

Relax people... it doesn't matter. Simas is talented, not blue collar, his grouping will have one or two plays at most.

He'll catch one deep pass, have another under thrown and spend the remainder of the game watching Espy run his 3 yard curls and 5 yard outs.

I'm pretty sure that's not why my reaction to you calling him more talented than McKnight was :wow::wow:...

The announcer even commented how Cody was keying on Toledo's true Frosh CB, who was covering Espinoza. Espinoza also had a couple big drops early in the game, one of them on a big 3rd down... But bottom line, he was being covered by a true freshmen. When Wright came into the game, he burned the same DB...

all this talk about "he is the best what we have right now" is bull****......we have talent that just stands on the side lines, put these kids in the game that is were you become better

Back