What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

wyoming roll call

And about the game itself? It appears to be a tough one for the Buffs. Their recent history against the Cowboys is poor and for WYO this is a rivalry game.

Will CU's youth hurt them? How will they handle WYO's zone and slow pace in the half court? Will they take the game as seriously as WYO? Who will score from the perimeter for the Buffs?

Lots of questions in what could be an early home test for CU.

While I'd agree that this appears to be a tough one for CU, I dont think it will be. Last 2 meetings the pokes had lenoard washington, who was huge inside. They took it to him quite a bit, and he made us pay, getting almost 40 points over 2 games. They've also lost some outside threats in derrious gilmore and luke martinez.
They do have 1 kid back from last year that got significant minutes (nance Jr), but he's the biggest they got and I feel like jelly and wes will be able to handle him just fine.
Everyone else on the list didnt get many minutes last year, and going into the keg against a buffs team with a lot more experience should be enough.

All that said, they seem to have our number.

We also played them last year before their leading scorer broke his hand in Laramie's favorite sport, a barfight.

While I'd agree that this appears to be a tough one for CU, I dont think it will be. Last 2 meetings the pokes had lenoard washington, who was huge inside. They took it to him quite a bit, and he made us pay, getting almost 40 points over 2 games. They've also lost some outside threats in derrious gilmore and luke martinez.
They do have 1 kid back from last year that got significant minutes (nance Jr), but he's the biggest they got and I feel like jelly and wes will be able to handle him just fine.
Everyone else on the list didnt get many minutes last year, and going into the keg against a buffs team with a lot more experience should be enough.

All that said, they seem to have our number.
Meh, KenPom and Vegas don't really agree. The ML is -570 for CU on 5Dimes (85.1% odds of winning) an KenPom has us at an 86% odds of winning. Wyoming also lost two of the guys that killed us (Matinez and Washington) the past two years. With how good the front court has been and our bench depth I think we cruise to a 10+ point win.

Claimed: I've got two extra tickets if anyone wants them.

Last edited:
In +1

And wow, reading that Wyo message board was enlightening. I should probably peruse our opponents threads a little more before making this claim....but it seems like AllBuffs has a more reasonable fanbase than most.

My daughter, freshman at CU, has a midterm tonight during the game. <sarcasm>You PAC guys take academics seriously out here -- in the ACC, I'm pretty sure even a tenured professor would get fired for a stunt like that.</sarcasm>.

See you guys tonight -- go Buffs!

Odd group over there. I sympathize with them when facing CSU, but now I see their fans have about the same level of mental ability.

Have to admit, I laughed at the "football team probably couldn't beat the Colorado 5A champs" comment. The Tad Boyle hate was rather ridiculous.

I think it'll be a fairly close game

Have to admit, I laughed at the "football team probably couldn't beat the Colorado 5A champs" comment. The Tad Boyle hate was rather ridiculous.

I think it'll be a fairly close game

didnt Wyoming just get its ass kicked by CSU in football? THe same CSU football team we dismantled the first week of the season?

decent crowd, but the crowd especially the students I think step up come conference play. I got there later than I usually do so I was toward the back and half the people had no idea what to do. They will figure it out.

Back