1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wyoming still doesn't really scare me

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I guess I shouldn't say scared, because anybody poses a threat to these buffs, but I am not in the "sky is falling" for this game as I was a couple days ago.

Sure they hung with Texas for a while, but they hardly did anything against Texas and their main points came off a blocked punt.

Texas was the highest ranked team to ever visit Laramie and they were jacked the **** up for that game and still got blown out of the water in the second half. Even though Wyo will have a chip on their shoulder for playing CU because of the Colorado kids thing, I don't see them having as big of a chip as CSU players because they simply don't play CU enough. CSU plays us every year and the fire builds in those guys every year we beat them.

If Hansen is our starter and we have Simas back (and the coaches play Simmons and Simas) adding in Scott, I don't see wyoming having the offensive firepower that Toledo did. We were moving the ball pretty well against Toledo with our gameplan early.

I still picked Wyo in the prediction thread, because I will continue to pick buffs losses until they prove me otherwise, however I will not be surprised if CU wins by 1 or 2 scores. And like I said before, if we lose this game, I don't see a game we can win.

2. Buff fanatic

Buff fanatic Well-Known Member

I think we'll win, the kids are fired up. Hope the game plan doesnt suck complete **** again. I dont think TH is playing though.

3. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

I am going to go with cautiously optimistic. I think the players themselves are going to make some attitude adjustments and win this game - maybe even easily.

But Hansen won't start. Cody has already been announced as starter.

Cody Hawkins expected to play vs. Wyoming

4. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Since this team does not know how to win, every team scares me.

5. Unleash Hell

I agree, did you read my post or just the title?

6. Duff Man

I read your post. And I will admit I'm most definitely in the "sky is falling" camp.

7. Unleash Hell

I am for this staff, but not for winning this game.

8. Duff Man

We'll see. Does not sound like we will see Hansen, sounds like Cody is going to be the guy. Still leery about Simas seeing much playing time as well. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

This game decides Hawk's fate at CU. We lose this game and I do not see how he even makes it through the season.

9. Unleash Hell

Agree

10. Duff Man

In fact, I think it is entirely likely that Cabral could be named interim coach by Monday with the off week coming before WVU. I have no idea how it came to this.

11. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Hawk ain't going anywhere till some boosters step up.

12. Duff Man

It could happen if we lose on Saturday. We're looking at an 0-6 start then. Attendance the second half of the season would be very bad and season ticket renewal for next season would be bad as well. Would not take long for Bohn to realize what he needs to do.

13. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

Wyoming doesn't scare me.

CU does...

14. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Wyoming has a better defense. Their offense might be worse than ours if that's possible. The only problem is, all they have to do is send their wr deep down the middle and we are screwed.

15. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Pissbomber....please step up!

16. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I've decided to try a new tactic this week. I'm going to go into the Wyoming game with a calm acceptance that this team was worse in week 2 than it was in week 1... and the trend continues with a performance that will rank so low in the annals of college football that it becomes an "Instant Classic" on ESPN for its unintentional comedy.

My theory is that if I expect the absolute worst then there's no way I can be disappointed. We can't play any worse than I expect, so the odds are stacked that I'll be pleasantly surprised by how well we play. Therefore, even if Wyoming beats us soundly I should be able to enjoy the game if we've gained a yard or the defense kept Wyoming from scoring on a play.