1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xavier Johnson as a Starter

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I love what this does.

X is much more engaged as a starter than as a 6th man. We'll get a lot more production from him now and we don't lose anything from Chen (he's used to the bench role).

We now have a starting 5 with every single guy expected to score in double digits. I'm very happy about this.

Now we just have to figure out what the new rotations look like and avoid having too many starters getting rest at the same time.

2. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I agree. He struggles when he is the only offensive option but plays great with the other offensive starters. Needs some work on his defense. Maybe have ski come off the bench again, he will shoot no matter who is on the floor with him.

3. 4thGenBuff

4thGenBuff Active Member

Chen played awesome from the bench, he should have be ESPN's player of the regardless of terrible refs in zona.

4. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

I still worry about bench scoring

5. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Great swap for both Chen and X. Both were much better tonight and would like to see this line up continue

6. FChairbanks

FChairbanks muthaka slayer Club Member

Agreed. Good to see tad pull out a strategic move based on the opposing team's strength. Dude can coach AND call a game...

7. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I've been waiting for him to be the starter. Chen brings energy off the bench.