What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Xavier Johnson

And now you guys see why I hate Arizona message boards. Starting with Ace and his weird followers.

**** off! I ****ed your mom and...oh wait. Sorry, you're one of the good ones. I was a little spring-loaded there.

And now you guys see why I hate Arizona message boards. Starting with Ace and his weird followers.

I can definitely see why. Fans that have that "in your face" trolling thing going toward opposing fans which goes beyond the "all in fun" type ribbing always come off to me as kind of sad and pathetic. No one should determine so much of their self-worth from whatever sports team they follow.

In general, it seems that the ESPN comments were the worst of that. At least before they made people login through Facebook to post and it started getting a lot less use.

What's the best Arizona fan site? In the past, we have worked with other sites to do cross-promotion and some pre-game interview predictions that can be cross-published. It has always seemed to be good for everyone involved.

C'mon. Certainly the posturing to positioning for Arizona to be considered worthy peers of KU, U of K, and Duke never gets old. Then there is the ASU and UCLA loathing, which is a full time job. I mean only one school carries water for the whole conference. Amirite?

Why doesn't the East Coast media give Arizona the respect based on their resume, of which is memorized and often repeated. The school demands some legitimate credibility. That is a serious subject.

Everybody else is a pretender, just a flash in the pan, and belongs at the kiddy table. Mere knats to be swatted.

Throw in a few pattern anal rape references, patronizing remarks about mediocrity, and sending the opposition home without breakfast nor cab fare, and you got yourself a template for hours of quality discussion about the glorious sport of Basketball. What's not to love?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can definitely see why. Fans that have that "in your face" trolling thing going toward opposing fans which goes beyond the "all in fun" type ribbing always come off to me as kind of sad and pathetic. No one should determine so much of their self-worth from whatever sports team they follow.

In general, it seems that the ESPN comments were the worst of that. At least before they made people login through Facebook to post and it started getting a lot less use.

What's the best Arizona fan site? In the past, we have worked with other sites to do cross-promotion and some pre-game interview predictions that can be cross-published. It has always seemed to be good for everyone involved.

Please don't consider PGU representative of the UofA. Honestly, they are an embarrassment. I'm a member of the Scout site, which has premium boards where most of the comments are mature and the knowledge level of the fans is great. I learn a lot from those guys.

PGU, by contrast, is run by this complete narcissist who calls himself "Ace." The guy has serious emotional problems and should be ignored. I've been impressed by the classiness and knowledge level of most of the Buffs fans. Of course you have your immature idiots, just as we have ours (with Ace pretty much heading up the assclown posse).

Hope to see you fellas in the Pac-12 tournament and again at the big dance. If we have to face you again, I believe it will be a much closer and hard fought game. Good luck against the Utes.

It sounds like Ace is our AZ. Hmm. AZ/Arizona, holy ****! Maybe AZ is Ace. I've never seen them in the same place, and they both are apparently narcissistic and run ****ty websites.

If they aren't the same person, we should get them together just to see what happens.

One of my funnier memories of last year's P12 tourney was 3 UofA fans trolling Brandon Ashley while he had his Dr Dre beats on. We were all walking in the same direction in close proximity and he was like 3 feet away and they kept immaturely yelling at him like 5 year olds starved for attention but he continued to walk ahead paying no attention.

No doubt CU, like every fan base, has it's collection of mashed up rectums but thankfully they don't usually stick around or outshine the good. UofA, for good reason, has one of those fan bases where the ratio of those who didn't attend/graduate is relative to those who did. Met a lot of cool UofA fans last year and some had no affiliation other than proximity; however, their classless section of fans is just so massive. Really respect Sean Miller and his team and how they carry themselves. Too bad half their fan base is just LA trash waiting for an NFL franchise or for the Lakers to be good again.

And some guys here seem to think that Bama Charlie is a bad egg.

In time these Zona guys could be right up there with the Fuskers.

This thread is horrible. I am embarased to be an AZ fan. We could honestly do without the PGU portion of our fanbase. They make everything else the program is doing online look bad. PGU should not be looked at as representation for the fanbase as a whole.

I only created this account to say that. I hope the rest of the season turns out well for you guys.

XJ's comments after the loss in Tucson were going to have UA fired up to shut him down and ensured they would come out motivated. I'm not upset about that. What bothers me is that when you talk the talk you have to back it up and perform. The team wasn't ready for Arizona's "A" game. Hell, they weren't ready for Arizona's "B game". Simply got their asses kicked tonight.

This. Hoisting up a bunch of rushed, contested 3's isn't the way to back up that talk.

This thread is horrible. I am embarased to be an AZ fan. We could honestly do without the PGU portion of our fanbase. They make everything else the program is doing online look bad. PGU should not be looked at as representation for the fanbase as a whole.

I only created this account to say that. I hope the rest of the season turns out well for you guys.

Thank you.

I'd like to second this. Ace is such a scumbag that the editor of a different UA site had to take out a restraining order against him for harassing him online and over the phone, and harassing his wife as well. PGU is an embarrassment to any UA fan with half a brain. Sorry he polluted your board with his particular brand of megalomania. Obviously mommy didn't hug him enough.

Having grown up a Midwesterner, I take offense when people lump them in with the Big 12. Most of those were plains states. Big 10 states like Illinois and Indiana know their basketball and they're the heart of the Midwest.

That being said, point taken, and I agree.

Same. Indiana here. Something else, coaches from my world back there would not have put up with any "rubbing a made shot" in your opponents face that AZ did repeatedly last night (it is the basketball equivalent of the finger). It is more than arrogant, it promotes the individual versus team play. Firmly seeded AZ as my basketball equivalent of NEB in Football. I will be happy to see them fail. Xavier and others can hopefully grow from last nights beat down.

Talent level and basketball IQ/polish were clearly in favor of AZ last night. Effort at both ends of the floor was superior to CU last night. The arrogance factor reflects their coach. Easy to root against these guys looking forward.

Same. Indiana here. Something else, coaches from my world back there would not have put up with any "rubbing a made shot" in your opponents face that AZ did repeatedly last night (it is the basketball equivalent of the finger). It is more than arrogant, it promotes the individual versus team play. Firmly seeded AZ as my basketball equivalent of NEB in Football. I will be happy to see them fail. Xavier and others can hopefully grow from last nights beat down.

Talent level and basketball IQ/polish were clearly in favor of AZ last night. Effort at both ends of the floor was superior to CU last night. The arrogance factor reflects their coach. Easy to root against these guys looking forward.

The only thing that really bothered me was the bench going nuts over a fast break dunk when they were up 30 with 30 seconds left. That was a little too much for me, considering they should've shut it down well before then. That said, if you don't like it, do something to stop it, and we just didn't get it done.

For me it was the stuff from the shooters . But I agree with the need for CU to do something about it. Was frustrating to watch as I do think we can play better than last night.

Last edited:
I didn't watch the game until today, but was amazed we were even still in it with 15 mins left in 2nd half considering how bad we were shooting and AZ playing great defense. CU played such a dumb 2nd half you have to question their basketball IQs. Not closing out on 3 point shooters has been a years long problem but settling for all those off balance low percentage shots, ridiculous. AZ is in foul trouble and no pick and roll, drive the hoop attack, crazy. They couldn't get a good shot out of Scott double team like they normally do. Anyway, AZ was better and we didn't respond and that's how you end up losing by so much...frustrating considering it could have been much much closer with better shot selection and matching AZ defensive intensity...

The only thing that really bothered me was the bench going nuts over a fast break dunk when they were up 30 with 30 seconds left. That was a little too much for me, considering they should've shut it down well before then. That said, if you don't like it, do something to stop it, and we just didn't get it done.

What was going on there was the guys who usually just sit on the bench after pouring their hearts out day after day on the scout team and in practice got in and were performing at a level none of us have ever seen. Walk on's were looking like polished Pac-12 POY candidates. I think that was because the beat down had your guys so demoralized and drained, they were at that point running on empty.

The excitement you saw was joy (from our starters) for their less heralded friends. At the heart of Arizona's success this year is that the team is like a big family. What's behind that is largely the leadership of Nick Johnson who noticed how well Louisville played last year and thought our guys needed to take a page from their book. He got a bunch of them to live in the same house and they all hang out together constantly. There are no cliques.

Please don't take offense. I'm sure none was intended. Perhaps Miller should have told those guys to refrain from playing with such intensity so late in the contest, but I think his intent in taking out the starters was to not run up the score. It would be kind of unfair to tell those guys, when they finally get into a game, that they can't really play. Olson used to do that. I remember this one game where one of our bench guys was in. He was a fan favorite. At the very end of the game, in McKale, with the clock running down, the fans were screaming for him to shoot. He did and it went in. The place exploded. Olson was fit to be tied. That kid didn't play again for quite some time, even when the rest of the bench went in.

Miller may see things slightly differently than did Olson, but I know his intent was not to humiliate Colorado. Perhaps it was XJ's comments that gave him license to let the guys play like that or maybe it's just Miller's philosophy that kids who give so much to the program deserve to show what they got when they get the chance -- I don't know.

What was going on there was the guys who usually just sit on the bench after pouring their hearts out day after day on the scout team and in practice got in and were performing at a level none of us have ever seen. Walk on's were looking like polished Pac-12 POY candidates. I think that was because the beat down had your guys so demoralized and drained, they were at that point running on empty.

The excitement you saw was joy (from our starters) for their less heralded friends. At the heart of Arizona's success this year is that the team is like a big family. What's behind that is largely the leadership of Nick Johnson who noticed how well Louisville played last year and thought our guys needed to take a page from their book. He got a bunch of them to live in the same house and they all hang out together constantly. There are no cliques.

Please don't take offense. I'm sure none was intended. Perhaps Miller should have told those guys to refrain from playing with such intensity so late in the contest, but I think his intent in taking out the starters was to not run up the score. It would be kind of unfair to tell those guys, when they finally get into a game, that they can't really play. Olson used to do that. I remember this one game where one of our bench guys was in. He was a fan favorite. At the very end of the game, in McKale, with the clock running down, the fans were screaming for him to shoot. He did and it went in. The place exploded. Olson was fit to be tied. That kid didn't play again for quite some time, even when the rest of the bench went in.

Miller may see things slightly differently than did Olson, but I know his intent was not to humiliate Colorado. Perhaps it was XJ's comments that gave him license to let the guys play like that or maybe it's just Miller's philosophy that kids who give so much to the program deserve to show what they got when they get the chance -- I don't know.
It's all good. We deserved everything we got last night.

I have no problem with Arizona playing for 40 minutes, and I'm sure Tad doesn't either. It's not the other teams job to stop playing hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If CU was in that position, I'd expect our bench guys to come in, play hard within the system, and try to push the lead to a 30+ point win. No complaints at all. Anyone who does complain is ignorant.

Thanks fellas. These comments, in my opinion, reflect really well on you and your program. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Please don't consider PGU representative of the UofA. Honestly, they are an embarrassment. I'm a member of the Scout site, which has premium boards where most of the comments are mature and the knowledge level of the fans is great. I learn a lot from those guys.

PGU, by contrast, is run by this complete narcissist who calls himself "Ace." The guy has serious emotional problems and should be ignored. I've been impressed by the classiness and knowledge level of most of the Buffs fans. Of course you have your immature idiots, just as we have ours (with Ace pretty much heading up the assclown posse).

Hope to see you fellas in the Pac-12 tournament and again at the big dance. If we have to face you again, I believe it will be a much closer and hard fought game. Good luck against the Utes.

Thanks guys. I had attended the UA ASU game several years ago and had a very friendly and cordial experience. Every program has its trolls which just should not be responded to.

I'd like to second this. Ace is such a scumbag that the editor of a different UA site had to take out a restraining order against him for harassing him online and over the phone, and harassing his wife as well. PGU is an embarrassment to any UA fan with half a brain. Sorry he polluted your board with his particular brand of megalomania. Obviously mommy didn't hug him enough.

Really? :rofl:

Last edited:
21388-8LOCkjpg-RNVL.gif

Oh, I understand it. We've seen the same from our bench in the past too. Hell, we had Mills shooting 3's, so I'm not too worked up about it. It's just one of those things you don't like to see from this end of it. Like I said, we needed to play D and stop it and just didn't get it done.

Anyone who does complain is ignorant.

I'm not sure where this was directed, but I just didn't love the way the end of the game unfolded. It probably didn't help that the broadcast kept showing the jackass with the blue face celebrating those buckets too.

I'm not sure where this was directed, but I just didn't love the way the end of the game unfolded. It probably didn't help that the broadcast kept showing the jackass with the blue face celebrating those buckets too.

How can you take offense at that? He was just a kid excited to see his team having its best game since Arizona took apart Duke in the Sweet 16 a few years back. I felt bad for him that, despite his efforts, he was wearing a color closer to Duke's baby blue than Arizona's navy.

Back