1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XJ Part of PAC 12 Team Going To China

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffenuf, May 24, 2014.

1. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

Article posted in BuffZone with all the usual in-depth embellishments (i.e. none)

Good for him. Seems the best part is he's staying in Boulder (didn't do that last summer) for the two months prior to the China trip to work on S&C and his game.

Need him to be much more consistent next season, especially handling the ball.

2. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

Hopefully he blossoms next season....growth in his game takes us from really good to special

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Posted this in the Rivals thread.

I think this is great. XJ will benefit from playing some international style, considering the strengths of his game. Also, it looks like he'll be one of the go-to guys on this squad. And my favorite part is that Larry K won't allow a team of his to do an all-star team showboat -- he'll make them play defense.

4. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

K is becoming a force as a coach in the PAC. Maybe CU should re-think/re-start that old rivalry with the Utes that flourished for years(when CU played both the Utes and the Lammies as part of the old Rocky Mountain Conference), pre-Big 7?

Also, Tinkle comes from the Coach K (UU not Duke) coaching tree and has had excellent success at UMont. OSU MBB could become a worrisome foe very soon!

5. Colobuffs21

Colobuffs21 Club Member Club Member

anyone know why scott wasn't invited?

6. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  7. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Wake me when that happens. He'll be a major upgrade over Robinson in the x's and o's department (anyone would be), but I'll be shocked if the Beavs crack the top half of the Pac in the next few years and become anything more than that road game against a bottom half team that's somewhat concerning. Some teams have to get beaten up in conference play and OSU remains one of the two prime candidates for that distinction.

8. BuffG

BuffG Well-Known Member

I have no opinion on Tinkle, but a great coach can over come a lot. As I'm sure you know, it was only 6-7 years ago that Tony Bennett had Wazzu rated as high as top 5 in the AP poll and a sweet 16 run, which we're all still starving for here in Boulder.

9. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Should XJ go to China?

BehindEnemyLines likes this.
  10. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I love that XJ (along with Josh Scott and Wes Gordon - heard Dustin Thomas, too) are staying in Boulder to work out this summer. It made such a difference for Jelly last year. Our 3s, 4s and 5s need to commit to the weight room and I'm glad to see that is happening.

11. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Scott's work-ethic is pretty unreal that has to wear off on his teammates.