1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yahoo Allbuffs Fantasy Baseball update, draft time, roster size and other tidbits.

Discussion in 'Games' started by JimmyBuff, Mar 14, 2010.

1. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

I changed it to a rotisserie style since it won the vote 4-3..

I also added a few positions.. The roster requirements include 2 C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, IF, 5 OF, UTIL, 3 SP, 3 RP, 3 P, 4 BN and 2 DL.

It will be a 26 round draft so that means that you should probably rank little bit above 260 total players in the pre draft rankings (10 teams total)

I also added holds as a pitching category and replaced walks for hitters to on-base percentage.. There are now 12 categories (6 pitching and 6 batting) that will be scored on..

I put the max games played per position to 162 and max innings at 1650.. Max moves is 60 which amounts to a little bit above 2 per week (season is 26 weeks) which I said that I would do at the beginning..

Draft time is tentatively set at 7:15 Pacific on Sunday March 28 which is one week before the season.. If there are a lot players that can't make it please speak up now so we can find a consensus of when the best time to hold it.. I figured Sunday night is probably the best time for one of these (also it is after the NCAA tournament games)

Of course if you can't be present for the draft you still will be allowed to rank your players before the draft.. Also any player that is not drafted will automatically become a free agent once the draft is over.. If there are a lot of people that can't make the draft than I will expand the maximum moves to above 60 because you will probably want to make some changes from what the computer picks for you especially if you don't rank your players above 100..

I will do the draft order sometime this week with an independent person picking team names out of a hat.

Here is the Roster.. 10 teams. We still have 2 spots open if anyone is interested. I will close it probably on Thursday though.
    http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo....elect?.scrumb=

League ID is 300409

Password: rockies

I don't know who the manager is for Dinger is worthless..

Wonderboy - JimmyBuff
    My Balls Ichiro - valdezj
    Gold Plated Pintos - mdelpizzo
    Magic Gold Thong - Buffnik
    Canucks Destructs - canuck buff
    TBD - bcs
    kiss my rox- Junction
    Canyon Fodder- BuffTuba
    sweaty teets- Bob Loblaw
    Dinger is worthless

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  2. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

how did it win 4-3 im in there did you disqualify my vote?

3. JimmyBuff

I don't think Rugged is playing..

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  4. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

Yeah. I ****ed with it.

5. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

keep it at 10 people. with that many OF spots, any more teams will just dilute ****.

6. JimmyBuff

I will probably go to 4 OF if any more teams are added (doubtful anyone will join). . But other than that I think the roster size and spots looks good as of right now..

7. canuck_buff

canuck_buff Active Member

Either way unless it is on a Sunday night I have to go auto picks.