1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yahoo League question

Discussion in 'Games' started by wsp4820, Nov 1, 2009.

1. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

I forgot to pick up a D for this week, but now all the Defenses are on waivers until the 4th. Can the commish manually sign a player for me? I was going to pick up ATL's D since they don't play til tomorrow (I'll be cutting an ATL player as well, so it's not like I'm trying to drop a player I chose not to play).

Can we make this happen?

2. wsp4820

BTW, Slaton and Forte, I hate you.

3. 87toInfinity

87toInfinity Well-Known Member

Slaton is either injured or being overly punished for 1 fumble...

4. FChairbanks

FChairbanks muthaka slayer Club Member

if you can make it happen on your own, i'd say fine. if you have to get the commish to intervene because you ****ed up i'd say no...

5. wsp4820

OK, that's fine. Now that I thought about it, I was about to pick up ATL D against NO. The zero is probably going to be better than what I would have if I started the ATL D...

:lol:

Seriously, I do think it's kind of dumb to put all FAs on waivers at the start of the games every week. I think if you can still change your lineup up until kick off of a player's game, you should be able to sign or cut players whose games haven't started yet also.

6. FChairbanks

FChairbanks muthaka slayer Club Member

:yeahthat::smile2:

and i agree about the waivers issue...

7. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

I don't really have a problem with rosters being locked once games start - or with what you're suggesting doing. What I hate, and CBS does the same ****, is that if you see a player you want to sign while watching a game, or see a guy go down and want to pick up his replacement, the player is on waivers. Which means everybody gets a shot at him for a couple days. Totally undermines the advantage of being on top of **** and making the first move... :sad2:

8. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree wsp. Its kind of lame but it might be just a yahoo default thing though..

U should have picked up the Bears defense earlier in the week.. :smile2: I picked them up last week thinking about starting them against the Browns but after that shellacking in Cincy I decided to go pick up the Chargers defense since they are playing the Raiders.

9. wsp4820

I should have thought about my fantasy team before 10 minutes into the first quarter of the games...

10. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

For Yahoo here are the options for waivers. *=our setting. You need to get your waiver pickups in place before first game of the week (Thurs and Sat soon).

I can change this to Sunday at 10:00 PST if there is interest.

1. No waivers.

2. Sunday - Tuesday means all unowned players will be placed on waivers at 10:00am PT each Sunday with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday.

3. *First game of the week - Tuesday means all unowned players will be placed on waivers at the start of the first game for that week with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday.

11. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

I'd keep it as is.. Bye weeks end on Week 10 which is the first thursday game..

Besides wsp is going to win anyway.. :lol:

12. wsp4820

Sounds like it won't let you do what makes most sense to me -- each player goes on waivers when his game starts. That is, early game players go on waivers at early kick-off but you can still sign players from late games, Sunday night game, or MNF.

No worries, I'm with Jimmy, we should keep it how it is since bye weeks are almost over anyway.

13. joufats09

joufats09 Banned BANNED

So I am the Everton of this League then? Not bad going really, I was all into this thing at first but havent touched the site since Christmas.

Congrats to TIP and anyone else who did decent

fletch got relegated lol