What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

year to year comparison

NW Buff

Club Member
Club Member
I asked this question in another thread but it got overlooked. Can any of the people who attended practices/scrimmages last year and this comment on the differences. The newspaper articles make it sound like a huge difference compared to last year but newspapers tend to over-hype everything.

Is it really a night and day difference from last year to this?

Thanks

Absolutely IMO.

tempo, organization, agressiveness have all been turned up to 11. There are still significant holes to be filled. But for a first scrimmage, I thought they looked pretty good. Last year....not so much.

I will be interested to see how they progress over the next couple of weeks...particularly the freshmen.

I still say we are a 6-8 win team given our schedule. We still have glaring weaknesses (secondary) and a lot of youth that will have growing pains regardless of how talented they are.

Absolutely IMO.

tempo, organization, agressiveness have all been turned up to 11. There are still significant holes to be filled. But for a first scrimmage, I thought they looked pretty good. Last year....not so much.

I will be interested to see how they progress over the next couple of weeks...particularly the freshmen.

I still say we are a 6-8 win team given our schedule. We still have glaring weaknesses (secondary) and a lot of youth that will have growing pains regardless of how talented they are.

****. It's this kind of objectivitiy that makes me say **** **** ****. I want gold-colored optimism, dammit! :smile2:

****. It's this kind of objectivitiy that makes me say **** **** ****. I want gold-colored optimism, dammit! :smile2:

There is still time 96. I will probably be here on 8/27 saying that we'll win 10:smile2:

to me, the players look bigger and stronger out of pads than in a few years. i'm encouraged by that. i walk by the Dal and the practice fields about 3-5 times a week year round. I saw Hawk pulling into the Dal at about 7:45 in his black Escalade this AM.

that has to help with depth. not a lot we don't read, but an eyeball witness confirmation.

i can't speak to last year so much but i have yet to come away from a scrimmage feeling real optimistic about the year under Hawk. I missed Monday, but maybe this year will change. to be fair, we've had dark serious uncertainty about the QB situation the lat two years which i think will be more than adequate this year. but, like another posted, i'm still in the 7 win area.

This is a much different team than the last 5-6 years, much diferent than last year.. I think the nation is gonna be surprised. With our difficult schedule I don't see 8-9 wins real impossile. I can see 6 too, but I would be shockd if we don't go to a bowl.

There's a lot of reason to think this team will be real good. The run defense will be good as always, and the offense will be balanced and be able to put up some points. The problem is with the questions about the pass rush combined with a young secondary AND all the great arms in the Big 12.....could be a long year. However, my glass is half full of Darrell Scott so 8-10 wins.

i think a lot of the optimism and hype in the media and everywhere else breeds with the fact that our own players have a definite swagger and demeanor to themselves this year that's been lacking with the Buffs for awhile

This is a much different team than the last 5-6 years, much diferent than last year.. I think the nation is gonna be surprised. With our difficult schedule I don't see 8-9 wins real impossile. I can see 6 too, but I would be shockd if we don't go to a bowl.
8 - 9 wins will be very difficult, 7 would be a very good year for a young team.

If Hawkins wins 9 games - give him a contract extension, and a nice bump in pay. I just don't see this happening, but I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Back