What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Yes I'd take this coach

Would you take this coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Less than 60% of posters here would welcome Urban Meyer or Pete Carroll as HC of CU?

Laughable...

Everyone but Spurrier and Mack Brown..

Not sure if Spurrier's heart is still in it and I don't particularly care for Mack's coaching decisions.

the rest are all elite coaches although Stoops, Carroll, Saban, Meyer and Tressel are at the Top of their coaching profession.

If I had to rank them.
1. Meyer
2. Stoops
3. Saban
4. Carroll
5. Tressel

Beamer and Miles are on that next level (and probably Mack Brown is on that one although I wouldn't want him coaching my team)

Gotta see more of Petersen before I put him on that 2nd tier.

Thanks Jimmy, good post. I'd probably list Carroll as my number one choice. I like a guy who's good with the media and love the concept of open practices. Easy to get excited about his recruits and offense too. My main reluctance with Carroll would be the controversy in his current program. The Buffs have had enough of that already.

The good and bad of each, I would take any over Hawk, except for Peterson.

Carroll: Probably the best big game coach out of the group. However, he has choked away a national title chance by losing to someone SC should have pounded into the ground for 4 straight years now.

Tressel: Gets lots of wins every year in a overatted confrence. He would be a middle of the pack coach in the SEC. Has been a thorn in rival Michigans side. A BCS choker.

Stoops: Has gone from Big game Bob to choking annually in a BCS bowl. Owns the Big 12 since 2000.

Saban: Wins fast wherever he goes. Doesn't stay true to his word and leaves.

Miles: Another one who has been succesful wherever he is. Good recruiter. IMO he doesn't do as good as he could with the talent he has.

Meyer: This is the only one who I can't find a negative about really. Best coach in college football today IMO. Could easily win a third national championship this year, if not this year it will come in the next couple years. Solid, solid coach!

Spurrier: Great at Florida, I think he could do better than he has been at South Carolina.

Beamer: Great coach, I keep looking for them to make another national title appearance, but hasn't happened.

Peterson: I think he has done the best out of all the former Boise Coaches. I think it would be a huge risk as he would be the 4th Boise coach to leave, the three others have failed.

Back