1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yesterday was the hardest day ever to be a Buffs fan

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffNut99, Nov 27, 2012.

1. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Worse than any loss/drubbing/heartbreaking defeat, worse than any off-field incident, worse than losing any player or coach... was the division in Buff Nation that I witnessed yesterday. My black and gold heart hurts right now. I am confident that the correct decision was made. We decided that we are a big boy program where 1-11 is unacceptable, no matter who is in charge.

However, I am not confident in: 1) the track record of the decision makers to follow through on supporting the program, or selecting the right guy to lead us; 2) the ability of Buff Nation to heal these wounds without direct and immediate positive results on the field. I'm just holding on for dear life until this hire is announced.

PS - The media, by the way, can absolutely go Eff itself. You don't get to ignore CU for an entire year and then act outraged by a tough decision.

PSS - Mike Bohn, I hope you got some sleep.
    SuperiorBuff likes this.
  2. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Totally agree. It sucked by the majority of rational people realize it had to be done. Time to move on. I do feel for Bohn who is getting pummelled. I honestly think he has done a good job as AD of CU. But he does have to get this hire right. There is so much on the line. I sent him a thank you email last night and told him many of us are behind him and will rally the troops to support him and his next hire.

I do think this will all die down a bit if the hire is seen as a good one, and of course if we see results on the field sooner rather than later (not necessarily tons of wins but at least a competitive team).