What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

You ****ers that are writing off the season are on crack

I love how people complaining about qb play,offense playing poorly,bad tackling results in "writing off the season".

You're right,our coaches shouldn't have to coach them up,just keep running the same plays and bang your effing head against the wall and then blame every loss here on out on the OL.

Grimes is the OL guru,TEACH,COACH do something different to get things going.DO something about it.

It would also help if the attitude for losing around here stopped like NOW.

The ho-hum"wins and losses aren't important,getting better is" attitude by our head coach seems to have spread and it's pathetic.

Getting used to losing and being ho-hum about it is lame and you can bet when mac's teams lost,the players and staff were pissed,not handing out "it's part of the deal" speeches.

Hawk has done an awesome job within the community,students and off fiels activities,awesome.Time to earn the extension and figure out a way to get the offense more success and win instead of blaming the OL.

We want CU to win,6 games left,I'll glady take 4-2,it can be done.

You sure you want to claim that about Mac's early teams? I went to chruch with the dude and my dad was the buff club president then I might know how the team acted then, I was around it a lot in team hotels and such. Very similar to now. And do you really think the players and coaches are "ok" with losing? I really hope you don't believe that.

I called Hawk and he said he'll start coaching em up when you start using spaces in between your punctuation marks. :smile2:

If he can get an extension for 11-20, I should be fine with 11 out of 31 quotation mark spacings. :smile2:

Last edited:
You sure you want to claim that about Mac's early teams? I went to chruch with the dude and my dad was the buff club president then I might know how the team acted then, I was around it a lot in team hotels and such. Very similar to now. And do you really think the players and coaches are "ok" with losing? I really hope you don't believe that.

Okay, probably not. Hawkins stated wins and losses weren't important, getting better was. You've heard that many a time and the "It's part of the deal speech".

I want CU to win period. You call for patience, I have none.

It's like they've given up,the OL is a mash unit so you cu fans don't expect any wins the rest of the season. You don't really think that way do you?

the season is not lost.

we have to realize where we are, given the injuries. kjsu is beatable at folsom. win that one and then hope to squeeze out a couple more wins this year and it won't all be lost.

unleashed lips is right.

Last edited:
Okay, probably not. Hawkins stated wins and losses weren't important, getting better was. You've heard that many a time and the "It's part of the deal speech".

I want CU to win period. You call for patience, I have none.

It's like they've given up,the OL is a mash unit so you cu fans don't expect any wins the rest of the season. You don't really think that way do you?

I expect to win 3-4 more games.

Well, k-state,A&M, and Iowa state look like our best chances right now.

A losing season would not be good for recruiting or psyche of this team.

Nu is winnable too. Lincoln is not what it used to be and records don't mean ****. Plus Nu is not much better than us. That actually could be a really good game.

Um, based on what I've seen I don't see how we can win even one more game. The only team as ****ty as us in the Big XII is aggy, but we have to play them on the road, where we simply don't win. This season is done.

Um, based on what I've seen I don't see how we can win even one more game. The only team as ****ty as us in the Big XII is aggy, but we have to play them on the road, where we simply don't win. This season is done.

Your forgetting about ISU....................I think they are really going to fall off the cliff now after losing to Baylor. We'll find out this weekend though...............

This season is done? Then go cheer for Texas dammit!

I'm really sick of hearing excuses about injuries. It's ****ing football. There are injuries and suspensions. FSU had a million guys ineligable, didn't make excuses and coached up their players and were competitive.

THERE IS NO PROGRESSION... The coaches are NOT doing their jobs, because these backup OL's have had now 3, 4, 5 games and are not progressing. Sure its not going to be as solid, but the coaches aren't doing their jobs because THEY'RE NO BETTER!!!! I'm so sick of the excuses... Excuses are for failures. Coach up your G-d Damn players and overcome!!!!!!

I'm really sick of hearing excuses about injuries. It's ****ing football. There are injuries and suspensions. FSU had a million guys ineligable, didn't make excuses and coached up their players and were competitive.

THERE IS NO PROGRESSION... The coaches are NOT doing their jobs, because these backup OL's have had now 3, 4, 5 games and are not progressing. Sure its not going to be as solid, but the coaches aren't doing their jobs because THEY'RE NO BETTER!!!! I'm so sick of the excuses... Excuses are for failures. Coach up your G-d Damn players and overcome!!!!!!

You go coach em up if you think it's so damn easy. I gaurantee you OU would have 2-3 losses and most of their games close if they had our youth and injuries. **** ya I'm making an excuse, it happens, this stuff ruins seasons all the time.

Any other positions than on the OL, I would agree, but it takes a while for young OL to "get it." We're playing guys right now that we really didn't expect to contribute for another 2-3 years. It is not quite as simple as saying there is going to be linear improvement across the board. Keep in mind as well that the unit has not played together much at all. Cohesiveness/chemistry is HUGE on the offensive line. Frankly, we haven't had any this year.

Any other positions than on the OL, I would agree, but it takes a while for young OL to "get it." We're playing guys right now that we really didn't expect to contribute for another 2-3 years. It is not quite as simple as saying there is going to be linear improvement across the board. Keep in mind as well that the unit has not played together much at all. Cohesiveness/chemistry is HUGE on the offensive line. Frankly, we haven't had any this year.

Even before all the injury fiascoes, huh?

All you need to do is look at the OL grades for the season to see how poorly they've performed (by their own coaches evaluations).

For the season, there have been 11 player-games that graded out at 80% or higher. Sanders has 5 of those. Miller had 2. So that leaves 4 player-games over 80% for the rest of the OL. 80% is not a great game, but a good game.

Solder had 2, Behrens had 1 and Head had 1.

There have been 2 player-games graded out over 90%. Sanders has both.

Even last year's OL play was head and shoulders above where it is now. And without a good OL, the offense is going to struggle.

Ok, against who? Who did they beat the first two weeks? Lost the third, now are almost ranked, will be after next week in all likelyhood. So at that point we will have lost three games, all to teams who are ranked, No 1 team in the nation included. And we held them to what, 10 points less than the then No 1 team in the land?

We are hurt all around, and missing far too many people. That said, I still think it is a mistake not to play Ballenger, but we can win three more, maybe four and go bowling. Not a great season, but after the suspensions, academic casualties, injuries, and the schedule we have, a 6-7 win season does not look that bad to me.

I do have a concern if Bally looks better than CH and DH will still not play him. I would bet that alone will hurt our WR recruiting. I would bet the WR recruits seeing a bigger, stronger armed QB back there would give them more reasons to come here.

In the first 3 games,the buffs OL wasn't exactly tearing it up. CU didn't rush for 200 yds in any of those games. The one difference was that cody at least had time to throw the football and check down and look at his reads.

Last edited:
Writing off the season is completely different than adjusting your expectations. Right now I'm watching for any signs of progress. Can Hawkins throw for >250 yards, complete >60% of his passess, convert 60% of third downs, avoid being intercepted, and rush for positive yards?

When will Rodney Stewart escape that last tackle and run one in? When will DS have his first 100 yard rushing game? When can J-Fly consistently make good decissions on special teams? When will Chap'elle Brown get an other pick? How will the team deal with adversity coming off of 3 straight losses? The plot is getting good, and there still is so much to cheer on!

These little victories are what I need to see happen on a regular basis before I believe that this team is any better than the 2007 or even the 2006 teams. It is clear that CU can't just show up and walk out of any B12 game with an automatic win.

By B12 standards, this CU team is raw. It sucks to be outplayed by teams with more skill and more fight, but that's where we are. All of the homer kool-aid or panic meltdown rhetoric in the world won't change that.

At the end of the day, this has been a poor team that gets pushed around and starts making mistakes. This team has been disappointing offensively and on special teams. But this is my team. They shall never be written off.

I firmly believe CU will find a way to extend its undefeated streak against teams with first year coaches. And I still believe that KSU and ISU are going down.

Writing off the season is completely different than adjusting your expectations.

Well Said...That right there is what everyone should have done right after MTM & Ryan Miller went down....adjust our preseason expectations a little bit and move forward....not have temper tantrums worse than 4 year old girls and write off your team

my expectations were progressionally adjusted when our line kept dropping day by day and week by week.

after the miller/MTM double hit, i knew we were likely cooked. STILL, there is a lot of football to be played. anyone who needs another team should look to the south or the sec and quit whining here.

Well Said...That right there is what everyone should have done right after MTM & Ryan Miller went down....adjust our preseason expectations a little bit and move forward....not have temper tantrums worse than 4 year old girls and write off your team

Good post, I will adjust mine from 7 wins to 5.

your decoding skillz are teh bomb. i think it is because you followed a handful of skittles with a big fat chunk of cheese.

congrats for being the board loadie.

what does any of that have to do with you being an unrealistic prozac sunshine pumper?

Back