What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

You ****ers that are writing off the season are on crack

Why don't we start with the quarterback completing at least 40% of his passes. Hell, let's get crazy, maybe he could complete over 50% of them! Maybe he could throw for at least 5.0 ypa. Maybe he could only fumble once and only throw one pick -- or maybe commit 0 turnovers.

Maybe the o-line could at least attempt to block.

Maybe the coaches could call running plays NOT OUT OF THE SHOTGUN. Maybe we could *gasp* try using DS in a manner other than *only* putting him on the field when he is going to run, and running him every time he is on the field.

Wtf is the point of putting a player on the field only when you are going to hand him the ball? So the defense can put 10 in the box and key in on him, rather than the 9 that are already there?

Your right, your right and your right. I doubt we'll se much if any changes from last week's gameplan this weekend. COdy roll left, miss a wide open receiver, and throw it away. Cody roll out right, focus on one guy, throw and get it batted down.

It's 3rd and long now, so give it to Stewart and let him try to get the 1st down. Darn, oh well, time to punt. CH needs to be benched. MB might be slow to pick up the O but he has a much better chance of making a play than the current QB.

I'm not writing off the season. I'll still root for the Buffs the whole way out and I'm still behind Hawk.

What I have been forced to write off are my dream expectations for the season. You all know what I am talking about. Despite all the evidence to the contrary, a little voice in your head tells you that this year will be special. All of the stars will align and everything will click. Even after the fiasco that was EWU, it was still alive. WVU comes along. Ugly win, not a great team, but the dream lives!

Even after FSU. Couple of missed plays here and there. They can clean it up and come back strong...

UT? Yeah, ok. They are one of the top 5 teams in the country. Dream is hanging on by a thread.

KU? Ok. Dream is dead now. No way around it.

It's college football. It's the Buffs! I don't want to live with realistic expectations. It's about believing in your team when nobody else gives them a chance.

Why don't we start with the quarterback completing at least 40% of his passes. Hell, let's get crazy, maybe he could complete over 50% of them! Maybe he could throw for at least 5.0 ypa. Maybe he could only fumble once and only throw one pick -- or maybe commit 0 turnovers.

Maybe the o-line could at least attempt to block.

Maybe the coaches could call running plays NOT OUT OF THE SHOTGUN. Maybe we could *gasp* try using DS in a manner other than *only* putting him on the field when he is going to run, and running him every time he is on the field.

Wtf is the point of putting a player on the field only when you are going to hand him the ball? So the defense can put 10 in the box and key in on him, rather than the 9 that are already there?

Hopefully Cody can break out of his funk. He's going to be on a short leash on Saturday.

I'm not writing off the season. I'll still root for the Buffs the whole way out and I'm still behind Hawk.

What I have been forced to write off are my dream expectations for the season. You all know what I am talking about. Despite all the evidence to the contrary, a little voice in your head tells you that this year will be special. All of the stars will align and everything will click. Even after the fiasco that was EWU, it was still alive. WVU comes along. Ugly win, not a great team, but the dream lives!

Even after FSU. Couple of missed plays here and there. They can clean it up and come back strong...

UT? Yeah, ok. They are one of the top 5 teams in the country. Dream is hanging on by a thread.

KU? Ok. Dream is dead now. No way around it.

It's college football. It's the Buffs! I don't want to live with realistic expectations. It's about believing in your team when nobody else gives them a chance.

Yep. You got it. That KU loss killed the season for me. Another mediocre, at best, season for DH and the Buffs. I'll still be rooting for them, but I dont expect much now, especially as long as CH is the QB.

Guess if they make it to a bowl game I will be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

P.S. I get a kick out guys who have 11K posts calling someone a noob because they have less than 1000. Being new to AB does NOT mean your new to football. Having more posts doesnt automatically elevate your analysis as more credible than someone who doesnt. Most of it is all opinion anyway. Some more informed than others.

P.S. I get a kick out guys who have 11K posts calling someone a noob because they have less than 1000. Being new to AB does NOT mean your new to football. Having more posts doesnt automatically elevate your analysis as more credible than someone who doesnt. Most of it is all opinion anyway. Some more informed than others.

Don't take any **** from no one wings! :lol::thumbsup:

Yep. You got it. That KU loss killed the season for me. Another mediocre, at best, season for DH and the Buffs. I'll still be rooting for them, but I dont expect much now, especially as long as CH is the QB.

Guess if they make it to a bowl game I will be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

You missed part of my point. It's not that it's a mediocre season, it's that it's a realistic one.

Honestly, 3-3 at this point makes perfect sense. I would have liked to see better play but logic told me that's where we'd be. So, I'm not disappointed in the team or the coaching staff. Now, if we lose a bunch of games that I realistically expect us to win...

You missed part of my point. It's not that it's a mediocre season, it's that it's a realistic one.

Honestly, 3-3 at this point makes perfect sense. I would have liked to see better play but logic told me that's where we'd be. So, I'm not disappointed in the team or the coaching staff. Now, if we lose a bunch of games that I realistically expect us to win...

OK, realistically mediocre. It's not the record, which at the beginning of the season many of us predicted anyway. It's the manner in which the team has played. The O has gotten progressively worse, week by week. Teams have figured out how to beat us. Rush our QB as that is the weakest link.

The staff has done very little to adjust to that fact. Another QB, a different playing scheme, some new plays, anything that changes what hasnt worked so far. Good coaching would have us in each of the games save TU, but every team has managed to make better adjustments in the 2nd half that we have.

I'm disappointed in the coaching as I dont see the team heading in the right direction. I'm just not seeing it with DH, maybe he'll prove me WRONG. I sure hope so.

Last edited:

When I called you a noob it had nothing to do with your football knowledge. For that I would call you an idot or a chode. I called you a noob because you don't know how to spell idot and you don't know how to fill nails with marshmallow. You are a noobyidotchode.

When I called you a noob it had nothing to do with your football knowledge. For that I would call you an idot or a chode. I called you a noob because you don't know how to spell idot and you don't know how to fill nails with marshmallow. You are a noobyidotchode.

Oh well, that's different then. :lol:

I have to admit, I really do not know how to fill nails with marshmallow though. :smile2:

And the jive goes on and on - some things never change.

what does any of that have to do with you being an unrealistic prozac sunshine pumper?

the part where in a drug-induced stupor you translated what i said into sunshine. try pulling your head out of your ass, or if that is too difficult a task, enlist the help of a proctologist.

i will bet sacky's avatar knows.:cool:

:lol:

There are good white rappers out there. Look at eminem, the beastie boys, and everlast.

Pretty much all modern popular music was inspired by the blues. Does that mean every artist who isn't black is trying to be 'black'? I just viewed them as music artists. Silly me. :lol:

There are good white rappers out there. Look at eminem, the beastie boys, and everlast.

Pretty much all modern popular music was inspired by the blues. Does that mean every artist who isn't black is trying to be 'black'? I just viewed them as music artists. Silly me. :lol:

i hear ya, buddy. however, i for one would never mistake eminem or the BB's for being black. i dont know if i have ever heard any everlast so i can not comment on them/him/it.

now, VI?!!! ****! no whiter black man every graced Gods green earth! well, other than rick astley. :cool:

You are wrong again, the blues grew out of jazz.

:lol: Okay. You win. :rolleyes::lol:

I guess you're old enough to know. :smile2:
Grew up in New Orleans - that's where it all began. I like the song Jive Talkin - that Album "Saturday Night Fever" is by far the best thing they ever did.

Let's see.,britney spears,christine aguilara, and the worst joss stone.

None of them are Mary J blige,they should stop trying to "sound" like they have IT.

I agree on the beastie boys.

How do you attempt to sound 'Black'?:huh:
The Bee Gees were a singing trio of brothers — Barry, Robin, and Maurice Gibb. They were born on the Isle of Man to English parents, lived in Chorlton-cum-Hardy, Manchester, England and during their childhood years moved to Brisbane, Australia, where they began their musical careers. Their worldwide success came when they returned to England and signed with producer Robert Stigwood.

The multiple award-winning group was successful for most of its forty years of recording music, but it had two distinct periods of exceptional success: as a harmonic "soft rock" act in the late 1960s and early 1970s, and as the foremost stars of the disco music era in the late 1970s.

No matter the style, the Bee Gees sang three-part tight harmonies that were instantly recognizable; as brothers, their voices blended perfectly, in the same way that The Everly Brothers and Beach Boys did. Barry sang lead on many songs, and an R&B falsetto

When they made Jive Talkin, I don't think they were trying to sound like 3 guys from England, who grew up in Australia.

Back