What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

You guys ain't nothing but a bunch of pu$$ies

77buff

Once again, just like every year, CU has the toughest schedule in the Big 12. In the pre-conference nobody even comes close. Example of a real pu$$ pre-conference - check out the mighty KSU Wildcats. Maybe they should change their name to the Pussycats. Louisville is their toughest game, and they were not invited to a bowl last year.
http://cfn.scout.com/2/743401.html
RalphieV.jpg

Last edited:
Their a joke and so is nebraska's schedule. PROBLEM is,we buff fans brag about our tough schedule,then go out and lose 2 games OOC every year against these tough teams. After awhile,it loses it's luster when we keep losing these games.

Their a joke and so is nebraska's schedule. PROBLEM is,we buff fans brag about our tough schedule,then go out and lose 2 games OOC every year against these tough teams. After awhile,it loses it's luster when we keep losing these games.

I'd rather lose to Florida State in a home night game than beat Ball State by 1 at home (coughNebraskacough).

Playing crappy teams is boring. That Miami (OH) game last year was terribly boring, even with all the scoring and sweet stats...

I'd rather lose to Florida State in a home night game than beat Ball State by 1 at home (coughNebraskacough).

Playing crappy teams is boring. That Miami (OH) game last year was terribly boring, even with all the scoring and sweet stats...

I suppose. But bragging about how tough a schedule we play while losing a couple of those games every year is stupid. It is just a built-in excuse that I have seen far too often. Just win the games on the schedule and stop bitching.

I suppose. But bragging about how tough a schedule we play while losing a couple of those games every year is stupid. It is just a built-in excuse that I have seen far too often. Just win the games on the schedule and stop bitching.

I agree. Let's just win every game. :thumbsup: :gobuffs:

It doesn't help at bowl selection time, but it sure beats watching CU wax North Texas. I should have included a poll - it would be interesting to see what most fans think. I don't think CU would have any problem running the table with a cream puff pre-conference, but what would that prove. One thing is for sure - it would kill attendance.

Last edited:
It doesn't help at bowl selection time, but it sure beats watching CU wax North Texas. I should have included a poll - it would be interesting to see what most fans think. I don't think CU would have any problem running the table with a cream puff pre-conference, but what would that prove. One thing is for sure - it would kill attendance.

I'm not so sure. Yes, it would kill attendance until CU became a week-in and week-out top 25 team. The 2008 schedule is nasty.

Oh and it's great to have such great non-conf games. I'm looking really forward to Georgia and LSU in the coming years. I'm an out-of-state alum and you can bet I'm going to make those games. I'd go to the WVU game this year, but it's on a freaking Thursday.

CU doesn't play crappy teams. They've been doing this for years and they keep losing 2 ooc games a year,YIPEEEEEE!

sO BEFORE BIG 12 PLAY CU IS ALREADY done for.

CU doesn't play crappy teams. They've been doing this for years and they keep losing 2 ooc games a year,YIPEEEEEE!

Agreed, perhaps until we become a regularly ranked team, we should schedule one tough team and other midmajor teams. I like playing tough teams, but it makes for a long season during down years. Also, harder to qualify for bowl, which is money and TV exposure no matter who or where you play. The extra practices also help prepare the team for the next year.

If OU, TU, and other big powers have no problem beating up on smaller schools why should we? Big XII play is tough enough (at least these days), I'm for an easier OOC to give the players some confidence and a few W's on the record. Boring, perhaps.. but not more boring than watching other schools' teams play during the bowl season because CU didnt qualify. Of course with 100 bowls pretty soon everyone will go bowling, but the tough schedule will make it very hard for CU to compete for a MNC with 1 or 2 losses unless you have a real magical season. Until we have a playoff in-place its very tough to get to play for an MNC unless you're undefeated. Even then there's no guarantees, ask Auburn. Just MHO.

I'm not so sure. Yes, it would kill attendance until CU became a week-in and week-out top 25 team. The 2008 schedule is nasty.

Oh and it's great to have such great non-conf games. I'm looking really forward to Georgia and LSU in the coming years. I'm an out-of-state alum and you can bet I'm going to make those games. I'd go to the WVU game this year, but it's on a freaking Thursday.

Thursday is what makes that game perfect for a trip to CO. Take 2.5 days off work. Arrive Wed night and hit the bars. Thursday go to the game. Friday head up to the mountains and do a 3 day 2 night backpacking trip. September is my favorite time of year in the mountains.

Agreed, perhaps until we become a regularly ranked team, we should schedule one tough team and other midmajor teams. I like playing tough teams, but it makes for a long season during down years. Also, harder to qualify for bowl, which is money and TV exposure no matter who or where you play. The extra practices also help prepare the team for the next year.

If OU, TU, and other big powers have no problem beating up on smaller schools why should we? Big XII play is tough enough (at least these days), I'm for an easier OOC to give the players some confidence and a few W's on the record. Boring, perhaps.. but not more boring than watching other schools' teams play during the bowl season because CU didnt qualify. Of course with 100 bowls pretty soon everyone will go bowling, but the tough schedule will make it very hard for CU to compete for a MNC with 1 or 2 losses unless you have a real magical season. Until we have a playoff in-place its very tough to get to play for an MNC unless you're undefeated. Even then there's no guarantees, ask Auburn. Just MHO.

I'm going on record to say I love the tough ooc schedule. Last year's schedule was not particularly easy and we made a bowl (and got to play a decent team in it to boot) and we were way, way down and young. Plus we lost two games we should have won.

I'm going on record to say I love the tough ooc schedule. Last year's schedule was not particularly easy and we made a bowl (and got to play a decent team in it to boot) and we were way, way down and young. Plus we lost two games we should have won.
which 2...ISU and who?

Can you say Appalachian State? :smile2:

Can you say Appalachian State? :smile2:

No, but I can say the name of another school. It starts with a "Mont" and ends with a "let us never speak of that day again".

Thanks, but I'll take the high risk/high reward ooc games over the low risk/low reward/crippling-mental-hangover-that-lasts-for-years-if-your-team-somehow-loses cupcake lineup.

We all know the ooc schedule is a money maker for the department. That'll probably never change.

I've traveled and lived in various states, and had the chance to meet other fans. There's an air of respect because the Buffs will play anyone, anytime. Some have indicated that they wished their team would do the same.

No, but I can say the name of another school. It starts with a "Mont" and ends with a "let us never speak of that day again".

Thanks, but I'll take the high risk/high reward ooc games over the low risk/low reward/crippling-mental-hangover-that-lasts-for-years-if-your-team-somehow-loses cupcake lineup.

It's actually a choice between high risk/high reward and high risk/low reward because every game is a risk, you never know when you will win or lose, but by losing to a crappy team like you mentioned we get f*cked. By beating them, no one cares.

I think right now it is a financial necessity to play the big dogs in pre-conference. Folsom only holds around 54,000 - compare that with OU over 82,000, A&M about 83,000, Texas 85,000, and "Stinkin Lincoln" 81,000 everyone of them a dumb redneck. That's just the Big 12 , when you start talking big SEC it's in the 90,000 plus. Split a gate like that along with TV and other media - you have enough to fund the CU athletic teams that don't generate a positive cash flow. Football is the big cash cow for CU athletics.

I think right now it is a financial necessity to play the big dogs in pre-conference. Folsom only holds around 54,000 - compare that with OU over 82,000, A&M about 83,000, Texas 85,000, and "Stinkin Lincoln" 81,000 everyone of them a dumb redneck. That's just the Big 12 , when you start talking big SEC it's in the 90,000 plus. Split a gate like that along with TV and other media - you have enough to fund the CU athletic teams that don't generate a positive cash flow. Football is the big cash cow for CU athletics.

Anyone know how much they're saying the big 12 t&f championships brought to either the school or the city? I've been wondering about that.

Anyone know how much they're saying the big 12 t&f championships brought to either the school or the city? I've been wondering about that.

Kyle Ringo did a piece on that. CU spent $425K on improvements to Potts field, of which some awsome donor footed $275K

The cost of hosting the B12 meet was $100K, of which the B12 picked up $60K. The B12 also walked away with all proceeds from ticket sales. The announced ticket sale number was 2700.

So CU absorbed $40K. There was most certainly indirect benefits to the city and school in lodging, restaurant, concessions and any FSN revenues.

Seems to me like the event might be break even at best, but certainly not enough to make the track team revenue positive for the season.

I'm not for sure, and would have to look to get the specifics, but when the current renovations at DKR Memorial Stadium are completed, the seating capcity increases close 100k....

Kyle Ringo did a piece on that. CU spent $425K on improvements to Potts field, of which some awsome donor footed $275K

The cost of hosting the B12 meet was $100K, of which the B12 picked up $60K. The B12 also walked away with all proceeds from ticket sales. The announced ticket sale number was 2700.

So CU absorbed $40K. There was most certainly indirect benefits to the city and school in lodging, restaurant, concessions and any FSN revenues.

Seems to me like the event might be break even at best, but certainly not enough to make the track team revenue positive for the season.

Wait, are you saying we LOST 40k by hosting that event?!?!

Wait, are you saying we LOST 40k by hosting that event?!?!

That's according to a 5/10 article in buffzone in advance of the event. I haven't found anything now that it's over.

this is absurd. How are we done? Win the BIG XII and helllooo BCS. Get lucky and win those OOC games and even if we don't win the BIG XII we have a chance for a great bowl game. Whats killing us is not the OOC games, its the losing in conference. I give you 2001 as an example. Lost to Fresno St, win Big XII, and almost go to the national championship.... Granted, Fresno was not supposed to be a big ticket OOC game, but that just makes the example better. What if CU had lost to a Michigan in the closing minutes due to Och's brain fart?

Not to mention the fact that being on TV every week is great for recruiting (as long as the games aren't garish blow outs of our undermanned teams)

Back