What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

You know we've turned the corner when...

When we consistently beat the teams we're supposed to beat (non-BCS, FCS, and lower level BCS teams), we usually beat the mid level BCS teams, we can win on the road, and we can win periodically as an underdog to the elite teams. When we don't realistically expect less than a bowl game, right now we are concerned about FCS directional Arkansas and CSU and very few people are looking at Fresno as a possibility of a win. When we get to that point, we will have turned a corner and then recruits vs coaching up talent will be a much easier chicken v. egg argument. It is so much easier to improve recruiting from solid 3 stars and some 4 stars than it is to go from 2 and 3 stars to 3 and 4 stars. At that point, we will have more talent AND we will have coaches that improve on that talent daily.

Our recruiting will have "turned the corner" when we the only elite recruits we can get are the 3 and 4 stars with red flags. This will lead to less attrition, which leads to a more senior team, which leads to more maturity, which USUALLY leads to more wins. It bottles the mind that we have been using the "our team is so young" argument for what seems like 5 years in a row now. It has been a valid argument, but we just cannot move past it yet. I am looking forward to having HCMM really make this program shine like it used to.

Last edited:
and Fresno State, and Stanford, and Washington, and Toledo, and Missou, and Kansas in 4Q....

I honestly believe that game is what started this free fall. Those players left from those teams I do not think will ever be able to move past that. I have never seen such heart break and despair after a football game. A lot of those players just lost "it" after that game

I honestly believe that game is what started this free fall. Those players left from those teams I do not think will ever be able to move past that. I have never seen such heart break and despair after a football game. A lot of those players just lost "it" after that game

I was driving back from the Western Slope through the mountains and 850 was spotty at best. I lost transmission up by 28, got it again and we were only up 14 and I said to myself/no one in particular that they were going to blow it, lost the signal again, and then when I got the signal back again for good it was tied and I literally just turned all radio off so that I didn't drive my car off I-70 into the Colorado River. I think the only thing that compares to that quarter is Q1 of Fresno last year where the team just stopped trying..

Back