What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

You know what would be awesome?

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
I don't know if this could be pulled off or not, but if Hawk puts in Cody next week, everybody in the whole stadium gets up and leaves. No booing, no throwing stuff, just leave.

Probably impossible to pull off, but it would be awesome.

A lot of recruits are in town that weekend. I want this coaching staff gone by then. Time to talk about the future. Nothing short of a miracle will let us beat Mizzou.

Come on Sacky, this isnt' about Cody. It does not matter who is paying QB. You just hate Cody because of his dad. Hansen sucked today. So did Cody. So, what is the common denomenator? The coach. Hawkins is over his head and needs to go into that good night.

Come on Sacky, this isnt' about Cody. It does not matter who is paying QB. You just hate Cody because of his dad. Hansen sucked today. So did Cody. So, what is the common denomenator? The coach. Hawkins is over his head and needs to go into that good night.

It's about the *decision* to play Cody.

He sucks and won't get any better.

Hansen sucks, but he's a good enough athlete to get a lot better.

Seems like an easy choice to me.

Sorry, but a LOT has to do with Cody. He should have never been signed here. The fact a Big 12 football team has politics resembling that of a Cub Scout troop is ridiculous. You cannot separate Cody and his father in this mess because in many ways, it personifies exactly why we have reached this point.

I agree. No matter who plays qb,our OL gives them no time to do anything and the coaching is sub par.

:yeahthat:

Eggsactly.

I don't know if this could be pulled off or not, but if Hawk puts in Cody next week, everybody in the whole stadium gets up and leaves. No booing, no throwing stuff, just leave.

Probably impossible to pull off, but it would be awesome.

i dont like the idea of doing that to a kid.

i have been thinking about this though. what could be done by the fans to still support the players but still be able to voice thier disapproval of the head coach?

best i have been able to come up with so far is that when a play goes well.... the people in attendance chant... "Players"

when things go to hell.... the people in attnedance chant.... "coaches"

or something to that effect. its lame but im just trying to get the brain storming going. one thing though. it has to be directed at the coaches and not the players. that is important.

i want those kids to do well and win games despite hawkins.

Sorry, but a LOT has to do with Cody. He should have never been signed here. The fact a Big 12 football team has politics resembling that of a Cub Scout troop is ridiculous. You cannot separate Cody and his father in this mess because in many ways, it personifies exactly why we have reached this point.

How many beers did you down watching espy and the special teams today? :lol:

But he catches the ball.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Special teams are a trigger for me because they are mostly about execution and effort, which both say a lot about a coaching staff.

i dont like the idea of doing that to a kid.

Again, it's not directed at Cody, it's the decision to put Cody in the game. Cody isn't the answer. We all know that by now. EVERYBODY knows that. So why would he be put in the game at all? Only a total fool would put him in the game at this point.

Of course, it's impossible to pull off, but I would still love to see it.

I guess I'm the only one here who doesn't think it was a poor decision to play Cody. I imagine Hawkins' comment after the first half that Cody understands the 2 min drill better is probably accurate, so I don't have a problem with that call. In the fourth quarter, I think we had only gained a single first down the entire half prior to putting in Cody, it was obvious we wouldn't be able to orchestrate to successive long drives in the final 4 minutes to win with the status quo.

I imagine Hansen will get the call next week, and I expect him and the entire team to respond positively to the egg that was laid today. However, if Hansen gets pulled for being unproductive, and the rest of you walk out, the stampy clan is going to hang. Hell, the seats are too small as it is, the extra room might make me a lot more comfortable.

I guess I'm the only one here who doesn't think it was a poor decision to play Cody. I imagine Hawkins' comment after the first half that Cody understands the 2 min drill better is probably accurate, so I don't have a problem with that call. In the fourth quarter, I think we had only gained a single first down the entire half prior to putting in Cody, it was obvious we wouldn't be able to orchestrate to successive long drives in the final 4 minutes to win with the status quo.

I imagine Hansen will get the call next week, and I expect him and the entire team to respond positively to the egg that was laid today. However, if Hansen gets pulled for being unproductive, and the rest of you walk out, the stampy clan is going to hang. Hell, the seats are too small as it is, the extra room might make me a lot more comfortable.

I have a big problem with the call. We made the change at QB because Hansen was suppose to be ready. If he wasn't ready to play a full game then we should have kept his red shirt.

You don't make the change, say he is ready, then pull situational Bull Crap.

What's it like on planet Stampy? All lollipops and puppy dogs? Serious question: at what point do you come around and realize that we've got an incompetent coach? He's 15-29 now. Is it when he's 15-40? 16-50? We heard the "team is improving" schtick since the Toledo game. Well, guess what? That's out the window now, too. This team isn't improving. It's getting worse.

Again, it's not directed at Cody, it's the decision to put Cody in the game. Cody isn't the answer. We all know that by now. EVERYBODY knows that. So why would he be put in the game at all? Only a total fool would put him in the game at this point.

Of course, it's impossible to pull off, but I would still love to see it.

i understand. but, it would still be about an eary 20 something kid playing and when he comes on the field, everyone is gone.

i know what you are getting at and you are right, not likely to happen. just seems to me that the idea is too directed at a kid rather than the coaching staff. i dont know the answer but, i dont think that is it. that being said, roll on bortha!!!! if that is what you want. :smile2:

What's it like on planet Stampy? All lollipops and puppy dogs? Serious question: at what point do you come around and realize that we've got an incompetent coach? He's 15-29 now. Is it when he's 15-40? 16-50? We heard the "team is improving" schtick since the Toledo game. Well, guess what? That's out the window now, too. This team isn't improving. It's getting worse.

I'm not enamored with the coach, I think we have a lot of problems offensively. And I'm not going to debate you on all the points you somehow attributed to me here, just your stupid idea about walking out of the stadium if Cody is inserted.

You didn't watch the second half, amigo. How can you intelligently suggest the decision to make a change at qb was a poor one? It didn't work, fair enough, but there was logic to the move beyond it was the coach's kid.

I say, until Hawk is gone, spend your money watching the Broncos and Avs... Those two teams are tops in their respective leagues right now. Hopefully the Nuggies can mirror what they did last year too.

Point is, you want to make a statement to the AD, stop giving them your money and Hawk will be gone faster than he can pull Hanson after naming him the starter. If the AD wants to run it like a business then the fans should treat it like that too and get the best deal they can for their ticket price.

I say, until Hawk is gone, spend your money watching the Broncos and Avs... Those two teams are tops in their respective leagues right now. Hopefully the Nuggies can mirror what they did last year too.

Point is, you want to make a statement to the AD, stop giving them your money and Hawk will be gone faster than he can pull Hanson after naming him the starter. If the AD wants to run it like a business then the fans should treat it like that too and get the best deal they can for their ticket price.
Either that or GIVE them your money. Of which I have none to give. :huh:

I feel really bad for Cody. Not that I support him being on the field... But he does all he can do. It's not his fault.

But I feel bad because the moment he steps on the field... he is going to get boo'd like there's no tomorrow.

Hansen sucks?? He went 7-14, but with four drops, so 11-14 (not his fault the WRs can't catch) while running for his life because the OL can't pas block to save their lives?? Really?? He sucks???

The OL pass blocks for 2 more seconds, and the WRs catch the balls that hit them in the hands, and nobody would even remotely think that Hansen sucks. He doesn't. He keeps getting thrown behind a makeshift line that can't block throwing to WRs who drop balls that hit them perfectly in the hands. And still is doing well under those circumstances. Is he Jay Cutler, or Drew Brees? No. But he does not suck and would be a pretty good QB-- scratch that-- WILL be a pretty good QB for CU. If we get another coach. Hawkins and staff are not coaching up anyone out there IMO.

Hey, Espy puts his hard hat on and grabs his lunchbox and heads to the field to play every day.

Too bad he didn't have the lunchbox with him to catch the ball (assuming the lunchbox doesn't have a hole in the bottom of it!).:smile2:

It's not that Hansen sucks. It's that neither he nor Cody is a top shelf qb. In light of all that's happened, it clearly would have been better for everyone if Cody had gone to another school. Then, we wouldn't have to have endless drama everytime DH puts Cody in the game. As I said on another thread, I don't believe that the Hawk plays Cody to pad his stats or to see his son play; I think he truly believes that Cody has been his best choice to win games.

It's possible to win without a great quarterback -- I seem to remember the Ravens winning a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer at the helm. But, for that to happen, everything else has to be right. And, unfortunately, DH has been unable to get everything else right. The special teams have been awful (despite some success in some catagories this year); the penalties are inexcusable; the o-line is ineffective; the game-planning is, well, non-exisitent; and the on-field coaching decisions have been erratic at best. The Hawk simply hasn't gotten the Buffs prepared to win. The poor performance has a lot less to do whether Cody or Hansen plays than it has to do with flat-out ineffective coaching.

Back