What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Your prediction: Buffalo Heart Award

Who do you think wins the Buffalo Heart Award?

• Maurice Cantrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patrick Williams

• Daniel 'Girthy' Sanders

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Cody Crawford

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Ryan Walters

Votes: 32 54.2%
  • Brandon Nicolas

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • The Rabbid GoldFish (George Hypolite)

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Benjamin Burney

• DJ Dykes

• Brad Jones

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Maurice Lucas

• Other (please specify)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SBG

Administrator
Club Member
Junta Member
Well every year at the final home game the Buffalo Heart Award is given out and for the first time since I've been following the Buffs I think it's going to be close.

Who does everyone think will win it?

Please do not post any inside information!

Other seniors that aren't in the above list:
1. Nick Nelson
2. Joel Adams
3. Gardner McKay
4. Steve Melton
5. Tom Suazo

EDIT: Wow, this team really is very young!

Last edited:
I think Ryan Walters gets the vote, hands down.

He probably gets my vote too, but Brandon Nicolas is a close second.

EDIT: Burney should be back next season. He gets "best video interview " award from me. Dude cracks me up!

Personally, I voted for TRG. The guy has his own t-shirts that were made, he conducts the band after a win and he came back even though he was graded a 2-3rd rounder (even possible first) last year AND after he finished up his degree. He has been a leader on and off the field.

I could definitely see Walters taking it as well and I after an NFL career I see him on the sidelines. There is talk of being a GA here at CU. The team rallied around him after his child died in April (absolutely tragic, my thoughts and prayers to the young man), but he decided to continue to play on Saturdays. I don't know if I could have done the same, to be very honest.

I could see Daniels because he has been sole upper classman on a struggling Oline and has been very consistent (good to see we haven't had problems with shotgun snaps this year).

I could see Cody Crawford taking it. People give him a lot of flak because he doesn't have the height, speed, blah, blah, blah, but from everything I'm read about the guy he takes those lumps and continues to shows up to practice, tries his hardest and does his best even though that may not be up to "D1 standards." Bull****. While I hope the Buffs can land those 5 star WRs in the future, I want them to be the blue-collar type guys that Crawford has been. I know Hawk wants the same as well.

Even backup QB Nick Nelson has an outside shot. He came in as a JuCo and has only played (mainly) mop-up duty while two RS-Fr and a true Frosh took reps above him. Nevertheless, the guy is still on the sidelines signaling the next play and cheering on the team. We didn't have that in '06, unless you count Cody. I usually don't call out people, but that was crap. I hope we never see that again here at CU. Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

Edit: I know people harp on Hawk because of our record and regression. I've said things, but this is about the players, not the coaches! What he has done here I didn't see in '05. The attitude and culture has changed for the best of the team. As he said in '06, these are his guys, even though he may not have recruited them.

Last edited:
I think Ryan Walters gets the vote, hands down.

He probably gets my vote too, but Brandon Nicolas is a close second.

EDIT: Burney should be back next season. He gets "best video interview " award from me. Dude cracks me up!

Doh, I just went to the CU Buffs website and looked for all of the seniors. I forgot he is taking a RS year to heal up after an injury.

Back