What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Your Proudest moments as a Buff

Good ones, my turn though... In no particular order.

1. Checking the mailbox and getting the letter that made it all possible. Thank you random admissions person that took a chance on me.

2. Taking that first late night walk across campus after a "fun night" just as the sun was coming up... My god, CU is beautiful!

3. 62-36, being on the field after the game, and not being able to talk for a few days after that.

4. I was an RA and some of the feedback I got from residents was amazing, even from the ones that I thought would kill me if they could get away with it... I had no idea that job would help me help so many people... Glad they were Buffs too!

5 Graduating!

Most of mine have nothing to do with football... I guess CU is more than a football school :thumbsup:

Last edited:
3) CU v Miami fight. I had 50 yrd line seats. Westbrook kung fu fighting in the end zone.

:lol: i had student section seats for that one. not our proudest moment, but EVERYONE WAS KUNG FU FIGHT-IN! :lol:

The day my son was accepted to the University of Colorado. Will become the 1st in the family to get a college education and he picked the best school in the country to get that education.

:WOOT: winner!

One of my proudest CU memories is a combination of your posts.

When my firstborn came home after his freshman year at a private university and announced he wanted to transfer to CU because he wasn't being challenged where he was. I was so secretly thrilled that he came to the conclusion on his own that CU was a better school, and he was going to go to MY school after that "wasted" and expensive year elsewhere.

And he is majoring in physics at CU now, thriving academically, no complaints. He may not play sports for CU, but I have a feeling he'll make alumni proud in other ways, eventually. He has big plans. :smile2:

GOOD ONE!:thumbsup:

I know I have some more but these are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

1. Going on my first away trip with the band to OSU in 2005. We shut them out at their own homecoming AND family weekend. Oh yeah, and the part where we became the first marching band in Div. I-A football to be presented with a game ball, that was pretty pimp too.

2. Beating OU 2 seasons ago is a close second. That was an amazing game and I don't think I've ever been as excited about a win.

3. I'm sure I'll have another one here in a week when I walk out of Folsom as a graduate.

1. Being at the '01 Nebraska game and talkin to the Husker fans!
2. The CSU games in Folsom a few years ago, the engergy and vibe was just different and intense. Can't wait for this year.
3. Last year at the West Virginia game me and a buddy from Virginia were at the game, after the game walking just outside the stadium, Heard an old West Virgina fan mumble to his wife. "I'm tired of making these other teams feel good about themselves".

Proudest personal moment was when Eddie kept me on the team.

Proudest moments for the program started when I saw the Buffs play for the first time in 1965 and they haven't stopped since.

:lol: i had student section seats for that one. not our proudest moment, but EVERYONE WAS KUNG FU FIGHT-IN! :lol:

:WOOT: winner!

That was def NOT a proud moment.... a memorable one...

Westbrook had the only drop kick move..... there were 2 Miami players trying to rip a helmets of off Buffs....

I have the fight on tape... it was pretty bad.... and Koy was on the sidelines the whole time...

That was def NOT a proud moment.... a memorable one...

Westbrook had the only drop kick move..... there were 2 Miami players trying to rip a helmets of off Buffs....

I have the fight on tape... it was pretty bad.... and Koy was on the sidelines the whole time...

youtube?
:smile2:

'90 CU / fuskers game - I was in Saudi at the time. The armed forces radio network picked up the broadcast from one of the lincoln stations (it aired about 2 am). The announcer and color commentary guys were off the charts during the first half. In fact, they were getting ready to go to a commercial during halftime, and the announcer proclaimed, "(kickers name) 12, Colorado Nothing!!!!!!". As the second half progressed (and EB stopped fumbling) you could hear their tone detiorate - they were literally heading towards clinical depression on the air. Late in the game the 'skers went for it on 4th down and failed. The announcer says something like, "well, you gotta give it to 'em, they are the #1 team in the nation." The commentary dude responds very angry "I ain't gotta give 'em nothing!!!!!!"

I turned off the radio and fell asleep with a huge grin on my face. Woke up the next morning - still grinnin'.

1. Both of my daughter's acceptance.
2. Graduation (yes in 1980)
3. Freshman year when we beat OU 42 - 31 heckling the OU cheerleaders after the game as they walked by my room at Farrand :thumbsup:
4. 1990 National Championship

Last edited:
1. 1976: watching Tony Reed roll up the COLORADO embankment to beat OU (my first CU game, I was 5--thanks Dad, Buff for life, could not have been better. I remember it all....the walk to the stadium, hot dogs, etc). tie for the Big 8 championship and the Orange Bowl.

2. Graduation for my grad degree. hey.

3. 1990.

4. Being out and about after the 01 Conference championship in Boulder. i was living in a sweet apartment up by Chatauqua and the Hill was a blast that night, even though i was ancient for the college kids. good times at the Sink.

Last edited:
For me, nothing compares to the 2007 OU upset...as I was on the 4.5 year plan to graduate in Dec. 2007, I had one more football season to enjoy as a student, and that OU game still gives me chills every time I think about it...I'll remember it for as long as I live...

For me, nothing compares to the 2007 OU upset...as I was on the 4.5 year plan to graduate in Dec. 2007, I had one more football season to enjoy as a student, and that OU game still gives me chills every time I think about it...I'll remember it for as long as I live...

i agree i have mark johnsons call on my ipod plus this youtube captures the initial roar still sends chills

[video=youtube;d_N9R-jDW5A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_N9R-jDW5A[/video]

I have two of them and they come from watching how proud my dad gets. Both these are from the 1990 season. Now if you have ever sat near me (ms sackman, valdez, InTheBuff to name a few), you know how much my dad gets into the game, good or bad. When thigns are good he is yelling his head off and pumped as ****. When thigns are bad he is blood red in the face screaming at the coaches and refs like they can hear him. For instance ms sackman knows this quote fromt eh 30-3 Nebraska game in 2005. "BARNETT AND WATSON, PACK YOUR BAGS AND DON'T EVER COME BACK!!!" At the top fo his lungs.

Anyway to my stories.

First one was the Nebraska game in 1990. In the sleet, wind and cold, my brother was huddled under Memorial stadiums wooden bleachers freezing his ass off. When EB scored the third TD, my dad grabbed him, thre him up on his shoulders and yelled, "I DON'T CARE HOW COLD YOU ARE, YOU ARE GOING TO SEE THIS!!:lol:

And then the Orange bowl. We were watching it at a friends house who had babies sleeping upstairs. He kept saying throughout the game. "I want Deon to get one, want Deon to get one!" Meaning for Figures to intercept. He was taking a piss when Figures got the clinching INT, heard everyone yelling, forgot to flush the toilet, hit his head coming out of the bathroom and yelled at the top of his lungs when he saw Deon with the ball. Going home, my mom drove and he was halfway out the window in front of his precious kids, yelling his drunk ass off saying, "WE'RE NUMBER 1!!!!!!!!!" The drunkest I have ever seen my dad, and the proudest.:lol::wow:
""

I have two of them and they come from watching how proud my dad gets. Both these are from the 1990 season. Now if you have ever sat near me (ms sackman, valdez, InTheBuff to name a few), you know how much my dad gets into the game, good or bad. When thigns are good he is yelling his head off and pumped as ****. When thigns are bad he is blood red in the face screaming at the coaches and refs like they can hear him. For instance ms sackman knows this quote fromt eh 30-3 Nebraska game in 2005. "BARNETT AND WATSON, PACK YOUR BAGS AND DON'T EVER COME BACK!!!" At the top fo his lungs.

Anyway to my stories.

First one was the Nebraska game in 1990. In the sleet, wind and cold, my brother was huddled under Memorial stadiums wooden bleachers freezing his ass off. When EB scored the third TD, my dad grabbed him, thre him up on his shoulders and yelled, "I DON'T CARE HOW COLD YOU ARE, YOU ARE GOING TO SEE THIS!!:lol:

And then the Orange bowl. We were watching it at a friends house who had babies sleeping upstairs. He kept saying throughout the game. "I want Deon to get one, want Deon to get one!" Meaning for Figures to intercept. He was taking a piss when Figures got the clinching INT, heard everyone yelling, forgot to flush the toilet, hit his head coming out of the bathroom and yelled at the top of his lungs when he saw Deon with the ball. Going home, my mom drove and he was halfway out the window in front of his precious kids, yelling his drunk ass off saying, "WE'RE NUMBER 1!!!!!!!!!" The drunkest I have ever seen my dad, and the proudest.:lol::wow:
""

That's just sick (intentionally ambiguous!). :cool:

[an aside, my dad had long before gotten the sponge "Bronco Brick" to hurl at their ineptness (Steve Tensi, anyone?), but because of a literally weak heart after a couple of heart attacks, finally had to stop watching them altogether!]

[an aside, my dad had long before gotten the sponge "Bronco Brick" to hurl at their ineptness (Steve Tensi, anyone?), but because of a literally weak heart after a couple of heart attacks, finally had to stop watching them altogether!]

Yeah, I remember. I was pretty young, but I remember how lousy those early teams were.

That's funny; when cleaning out our basement this week for the garage sale, we came across a sponge 'Bronco Brick'. I think I left it downstairs if anyone wants it.

Mine is not that old though-- it has the newer 'fast horsehead' logo on it.

Proudest day: receiving my acceptance to the University of Colorado. However, I think my parents were more excited about it than I was. The "envelope" came in the mail, and I had just finished a late shift the night before. My folks came into my room and woke me up. :lol:

Second proudest day: The day my diploma came in the mail. :thumbsup:

Having a female friend send me a Jersey with Kris Broiwns number on it after he ran there azzz over.:smile2:

Having a female friend send me a Jersey with Kris Broiwns number on it after he ran there azzz over.:smile2:

What the mother****ing hell is this ****? That Brown was a ****er kicker from ****braska.

What the mother****ing hell is this ****? That Brown was a ****er kicker from ****braska.

Indeed a cryptic post. I think it's Canadian for "Chris Brown", the Colorado running back who rushed for six touchdowns against nebraska.

Then again, who knows?

I have the digital picture of the moment he kicked it. (good close up)
If someone told me how to upload it to this site, I would gladly do it.

create a photobucket account. load it on there, and then use the weblink they give you for the photo. click the little yellow mountain picture and paste that she-it.

you too, dbt.

Back