What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Your top 3 most annoying cliches in college football and their meanings.

I love this guy, probably my favorite announcer of all times
RIP : Keith Jackson... WHOA, NELLIE !!

The funny thing is that Keith Jackson actually never said Whoa, Nellie on a football broadcast. He laughed about it when it was included in imitations of him. The thing from his that I remember most was his "Fummbuul!" call. He could make a boring game interesting and an interesting game even better.

"Man, he has a lot of "want to." I hate that.
"He gets a lot of YAC." Huh?
"We just need to take 'em one game at a time."

Al Michaels does this and it has wormed it's way into other announcer's standard procedure.

"And a HUGE run for the former [insert name of last team the guy played for here]!!!"

Look, I don't give a damn about where the guy used to play. That means absolutely nothing. It adds nothing to the enjoyment of the game. I realize this isn't college football related, but it still annoys the bejesus out of me.

What bugs me is when they put the camera on Michaels and he is apparently checking out the cameraman's balls. LOOK INTO THE CAMERA, MIKEY!

Doesn't pretty much anything that comes out of Brent Musburger's mouth qualify?

(Please ABC, put Brad Nessler on the primetime games)

My apologies to the OP if this turns into a thread-jack.

My first thought when I saw the thread title was I hate being called "folks", but that it's probably just because Mooseboogers opened his mouth again.

what's annoying to me is that these announcers are not actually at the game but in the studio

"Trickeration" - Trickery maybe. Deception possibly. This falls in to the category of ESPN guys trying to be so cutting edge by making up words and everyone else follows suit without thinking about it.

"Percolate" up the field - Always sounds awkward coming out of some meat-head analysts mouth and clearly comes across as, "Look, I know more about speaking that you, I guess I should be in front of the mic!"

3 yards in a cloud of dust. ummm we don't play on dirt anymore....

tote the rock.

he 'does work'.

he has heart. (no, he sucks)

"Can't turn the ball over." No f***ing duh, can't score without the ball. Color guys say this like they think they are saying something impressive and deep.

"He's going to be a great player for them."

This is always said when some guy IS ALREADY a great player, and just happens to be an underclassmen.

Describing players like Collin Klein and Josh Heupel as "gamers" instead of just calling them special.

"__________ is 49-2 when rushing for 250 yards." Really?

"Redshirt sophomore"

Back