What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

You're the Athletic Director.

What is your move as CU's AD?

• Give him another year if he makes changes to his staff

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope you are being ironic because no offense Valdezj, but this is a really dumb thread. What do you think we are going to say?

A.

Fire this numb nuts immediately...every second he is the "so-called" leader and face of your athletic program you are losing $$$ and support....things CAN actually get worse with him continuing to coach this team and the sooner he is gone, the sooner we can start taking steps in the right direction

Fire him. Do it now. I don't even want to think about what kind of stupidity Hawk is capable of once he knows for sure he's not getting extended.

b but have the wheels in motion now and the new HC named as soon as the season is over, if possible. i say "if possible" in regards to a coach at a bowl eligible team or at an NFL team. its basically a but he finishes the season.

Ha, I know. Your avatar and sig picture alone are cracking me up. Don't try to stop my righteous grumpiness!
I'm actually kind of hoping DBT will hop on his high horse and rail for Dan Hawkins again. Man. Those were fun times.

I know there's a dissenter out there. Come on. step up. Someone is still telling themselves Hawk can still make this work.

Minny made an announcement that Brewster will not be retained after the season. That is what CU should do. I guess relieving Hawkins right now couldn't hurt, but I'm not so sure it will help, as the players may mail it in earlier than normal.

To be sure, the players are going to mail it in, but perhaps they may get a late season bump to "send coach out right".

Slade brought up bringing in Mac as our IHC. I'm sure he could fire those guys up.

I know our recruiting year is done for, but the earlier we get rid of hawk, the more time we'd have to actually get a few kids.

There is just no point in keeping him around anymore. Get on with it. I'll be disappointed if he's still the coach after tomorrow.

A) Because this assclown should have been canned the second the Nebraska game ended last year. While it sucks Big XII teams whose asses we kicked for decades are now dominating our once proud program, it's even worse that Pac-10 fans don't even want us and think we're dog**** on the level of Wazzu. Hawkins has made this program worse and worse over his 5 long, pathetic, worthless years here. Time is of the essence, we have to send a message to the Pac-12 and college football world in general that CU is a tradition-rich program that won't tolerate the crap Intramural Dan has brought to the table. If this man had any dignity he'd resign this second, but we all know he lacks that too. Making Cabral interim coach wouldn't change our fortunes this year, Dan's damage and culture will take a few months to erase. But holy **** it's going to feel good to get a real coach and finally start the progression back to a Top 20 program

Fire now, and have an interim HC (Cabral perhaps) until the end of the regular season. Then name a new HC.

He goes now, we hand over the team to Cabral and hope to salvage some ****ty bowl but this way we can begin the coaching search and work to save the 3 recruits in our recruiting class....

I went with A, heart of a lion aside lol. I mean we might not win another game all damn year, scrap it and start over.

I'm actually kind of hoping DBT will hop on his high horse and rail for Dan Hawkins again. Man. Those were fun times.

I know there's a dissenter out there. Come on. step up. Someone is still telling themselves Hawk can still make this work.

I think we should extend him... I really liked the visor he wore yesterday. :smile2: That is as good an excuse as I can come up with.

fire him now.....so we can change the attitude of the program. it's like expired milk in your fridge...you know it's expired and you aren't gonna use it....throw the SOB away!!!!!!! same for Dan Talkins!!!!

This thing is close to popping.

yay...

punch%20punched%20in%20face%20boxing%20glove%20hurt.jpg

Ok, this early report was taken back. Minny has now fired Brewster effective today, so he is gone. Bohn, follow the lead...

Minny made an announcement that Brewster will not be retained after the season. That is what CU should do. I guess relieving Hawkins right now couldn't hurt, but I'm not so sure it will help, as the players may mail it in earlier than normal.

To be sure, the players are going to mail it in, but perhaps they may get a late season bump to "send coach out right".

Ok, this early report was taken back. Minny has now fired Brewster effective today, so he is gone. Bohn, follow the lead...

What's more impressive to me is that -- with 3 years left on his contract -- his buyout is ONLY $600,000!!!!!!

Hawkins is under contract through 2012 -- and his buyout is +$1 million.

Back