What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Zach Kline - Transferring

knows we are a threat in Utah for those Polynesian kids. Hates it. Plus BYU is recruiting better. Utes are doomed as KW's ego is too big. Mark my words.

Last edited:
What was it 4 years ago? Yep, 4 out out 5... and growing. We pass you soon. CU is not good. Look up Nebraska vs CU. Listen... for effect. CU is not good. They are not going to be good anytime soon.
4 years ago? Well since you asked 4 years ago we had a winning record against you, 3 years ago same thing, 2 years ago same thing, and today same.

Colorado
BYU
Utah

2 of the 3 have won a national title and that isn't changing anytime soon. The fact that lowly Colorado and your superior instate rival both have rings must drive you nuts.

4 years ago? Well since you asked 4 years ago we had a winning record against you, 3 years ago same thing, 2 years ago same thing, and today same.

Colorado
BYU
Utah

2 of the 3 have won a national title and that isn't changing anytime soon. The fact that lowly Colorado and your superior instate rival both have rings must drive you nuts.
What really sucks for the Utes is that only 25 schools have won both Heisman and a Natty, and two of them are on your list.

I've always operated under the assumption that everyone is better than Gerkhe. I mean, weren't you Kline naysayers thinking (and hoping) that Gerkhe wouldn't stick around?

I wouldn't look at his leaving Cal as another black mark on his resume. He went back to Cal as a regular student and only walked-on the team this past spring again while finishing up his degree. Apparently, he retook his GRE recently, post admissions decisions, so it's unlikely that he was accepted into a grad program. Can't use his last year of eligibility without have a program to enroll in.

utah-fan.jpg

I think Devildog lost his internet connection.

While this thread seems to have gone way off the rails (and by the way I think it's nice that some guy who apparently is unaware that Utah and ASU don't have the same mascot is trying to stoke some fake rivalry between your schools) I thought I'd still add a few words on Zach Kline if you all were interested.

Zach entered Cal in 2012 as one of the most highly rated QBs to ever enroll (consensus four star guy and I think a five star on at least one service). Cal had just gone through a stretch of unbelievably bad QB play (like literally unbelievable - you'd watch Brock Mansion attempt a pass and you'd wonder how this guy ever got a D1 scholarship... or any scholarship anywhere... or been allowed to touch a football. My personal theory is that it was his awesome name). Zach redshirted his freshman year and was poised to take the reins in his second year in the program. He absolutely would have too except that Jeff Tedford decided to self-immolate (and take out most of the program) and this 18 year old skinny kid named Jared Goff enrolled. The combination of Dykes having a historically ****ty team in 2013 (and hence being willing to take a flyer on a true freshman QB - he wasn't going to win many games anyway) and Goff's undeniable talent were the only things that could possibly have resulted in Kline getting passed over, which he did. He stayed another year as a backup to Goff and then decided to leave at the end of 2014.

So Zach decides he wants to play and since he's never seeing the field with Goff there (barring an injury) he's going to transfer. He's initially set to go to Oregon State, but that falls through and he meanders around a bit. He goes to Butte Community College (where Aaron Rodgers got his start) and has a 7-4 record. He then goes to Inidiana State for a year, gets limited playing time and transfers back to Cal to get his graduate degree. In a surprise to absolutely everyone he rejoins the football team.

Zach rips it up in the Spring Game and goes something like 14-15. Looks like the best QB out there. The issue though is Zach's weakness has always been his ability to read the defense and release the ball quickly. Most of Cal's starting D line didn't play in the Spring Game so he had all day to find open receivers. He looked great but how would he look against a Pac-12 starting D? Clearly the coaches though "not as well as Webb" and the rest is history.

So bottom line, a great kid who I think would be a positive force in any locker room, but some real questions about whether (other than attitude) he has "it". He is as fired up a competitor as anyone I've ever seen and was "all in" on Cal (twice) but things didn't work out. Would be great if he could get a chance with a big time football team. Would love to see that happen for him at CU.

While this thread seems to have gone way off the rails (and by the way I think it's nice that some guy who apparently is unaware that Utah and ASU don't have the same mascot is trying to stoke some fake rivalry between your schools) I thought I'd still add a few words on Zach Kline if you all were interested.

Zach entered Cal in 2012 as one of the most highly rated QBs to ever enroll (consensus four star guy and I think a five star on at least one service). Cal had just gone through a stretch of unbelievably bad QB play (like literally unbelievable - you'd watch Brock Mansion attempt a pass and you'd wonder how this guy ever got a D1 scholarship... or any scholarship anywhere... or been allowed to touch a football. My personal theory is that it was his awesome name). Zach redshirted his freshman year and was poised to take the reins in his second year in the program. He absolutely would have too except that Jeff Tedford decided to self-immolate (and take out most of the program) and this 18 year old skinny kid named Jared Goff enrolled. The combination of Dykes having a historically ****ty team in 2013 (and hence being willing to take a flyer on a true freshman QB - he wasn't going to win many games anyway) and Goff's undeniable talent were the only things that could possibly have resulted in Kline getting passed over, which he did. He stayed another year as a backup to Goff and then decided to leave at the end of 2014.

So Zach decides he wants to play and since he's never seeing the field with Goff there (barring an injury) he's going to transfer. He's initially set to go to Oregon State, but that falls through and he meanders around a bit. He goes to Butte Community College (where Aaron Rodgers got his start) and has a 7-4 record. He then goes to Inidiana State for a year, gets limited playing time and transfers back to Cal to get his graduate degree. In a surprise to absolutely everyone he rejoins the football team.

Zach rips it up in the Spring Game and goes something like 14-15. Looks like the best QB out there. The issue though is Zach's weakness has always been his ability to read the defense and release the ball quickly. Most of Cal's starting D line didn't play in the Spring Game so he had all day to find open receivers. He looked great but how would he look against a Pac-12 starting D? Clearly the coaches though "not as well as Webb" and the rest is history.

So bottom line, a great kid who I think would be a positive force in any locker room, but some real questions about whether (other than attitude) he has "it". He is as fired up a competitor as anyone I've ever seen and was "all in" on Cal (twice) but things didn't work out. Would be great if he could get a chance with a big time football team. Would love to see that happen for him at CU.

Thanks for the info. Not going to be CU since Sefo is ahead of schedule and will be ready for fall camp (one reason Webb isn't coming - he wasn't promised a starting job). But I'd like to see Kline land on his feet somewhere. His best bet might be to find a pro style offense that runs more stuff off of play action where he makes one read on one side of the field.

If he has problems reading a defense and releasing the ball quickly, he'll benefit greatly here. We should go all in on him.

Thanks for the info. Not going to be CU since Sefo is ahead of schedule and will be ready for fall camp (one reason Webb isn't coming - he wasn't promised a starting job). But I'd like to see Kline land on his feet somewhere. His best bet might be to find a pro style offense that runs more stuff off of play action where he makes one read on one side of the field.

Montana State, perhaps?

If he has problems reading a defense and releasing the ball quickly, he'll benefit greatly here. We should go all in on him.
I'd say that we generally have the market cornered in this area - well except that Goff was actually pretty outstanding in quick release and reads, but prior to him...? Yea gods. It was a horror show. I think some of our QBs would say to themselves "Where's the absolute worst place to put the ball? Hmmmmm. Oh, there it is. In it goes..."

Why are bear fans always so ****ing reasonable?
Losing. Lots and lots of losing. Definitely helped us get some perspective. But we've got our flaws as a fan base for sure. Right now the main action on our board is a 32 page thread on the Stanford rape case that meanders between debating the definition of rape and pontificating on the importance of an independent judiciary in a fully functioning democracy. Came over here to see if someone somewhere was actually discussing football.

Losing. Lots and lots of losing. Definitely helped us get some perspective. But we've got our flaws as a fan base for sure. Right now the main action on our board is a 32 page thread on the Stanford rape case that meanders between debating the definition of rape and pontificating on the importance of an independent judiciary in a fully functioning democracy. Came over here to see if someone somewhere was actually discussing football.
If lots and lots of losing leads to reasonable fans - what the **** is wrong with us?

Maybe we work the other way: once we start winning again, reasonableness will begin to come through.

Although I'm pretty sure we'll just become bigger assholes.

Why are bear fans always so ****ing reasonable?
Because they usually suck too. Oh and you don't need to worry about getting good anytime soon. So reasonableness can be off the table. I bet you guys don't win 2 games in conference. Oh and yeah, this thread is a throwaway.

My neighbor has a little yappy dog. It can be quite annoying if you let it, but not so annoying if you ignore it.

It still yaps, but it just becomes background noise that's part of the otherwise pleasant neighborhood.
Have you noticed your record in the PAC 12 since joining? Yeah, continue to ignore away. It's not gonna improve anytime soon. Sorry that stings.

Have you noticed your record in the PAC 12 since joining? Yeah, continue to ignore away. It's not gonna improve anytime soon. Sorry that stings.
You realize that you rode our coat tails into the P12? Nobody wanted you, but CU was so attractive the P12 needed another team for balance, and SLC is bigger than Boise. If the Olympics didn't fund your stadium, and csu wasn't such a ****hole, you still would be in the Mountain Worst. Chew on that ****stick.

My neighbor has a little yappy dog. It can be quite annoying if you let it, but not so annoying if you ignore it.

It still yaps, but it just becomes background noise that's part of the otherwise pleasant neighborhood.
Yup - ignored now.

If anybody quotes this dog again I'm gonna be pissed. Ignore works until you ****ers quote his/her ass.

Be great if the mods/techno geeks could come up with a new function on the board that essentially puts a poster on ignore for everyone. He can create post and respond to post and see his own post but nobody else does.

Be funny to see (even though we wouldn't) how far these trolls would go to try to get attention without realizing that nobody can actually see them.

Back