What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Zimmer: "I have never seen anything like this in my 25 years."

Bohn was hired April 13, 2005
Benson March 2008
DiStephano May 2009

DiStephano was acting Chancellor at the time, though. And Hoffman was the President, although less than a month away from resigning. So it's hard to say just how much involvement she had at that point.

Bottom line is that all reports have Benson as the main force for not letting Hawkins be fired last year, and as no great supporters of athletics. No, I don't want him hiring a replacement for Bohn in the middle of all the rest of this ****.

Thank you!!!!!!

All these people screaming that Bohn needs to be fired need to look at the political landscape of the University and realize just who would be hiring his replacement if Bohn WAS fired!

I personally think Bohn is the ONLY thing that works in the athletic department right now and the people OVER him are who are significantly tying his hands at the moment.

Then distephano is an outright liar as he is quoted in saying it's Bohn decision.

If this is true then Bohn should leave if he isn't allowed to do his job instead of being bensons lap dog.

Then distephano is an outright liar as he is quoted in saying it's Bohn decision.

If this is true then Bohn should leave if he isn't allowed to do his job instead of being bensons lap dog.

He said that this year. Last year it wasn't Bohn's decision. And the decision to fire him mid-season or postseason isn't nearly as one-sided as some want to think...

Here is the way I see the situation at CU:

Bohn = Pederson
Hawkins = Callahan

Any questions?

Now go out and do what needs to be done.

He said that this year. Last year it wasn't Bohn's decision. And the decision to fire him mid-season or postseason isn't nearly as one-sided as some want to think...

True I'm referring to this year. I dont think Bohn wants to fire him not that he isnt allowed to look at the Patton situation.

Bohn = Pederson
Hawkins = Callahan

Any questions?

I actually think the Bohn is a lot better than Pederson. He has made some really bad choices when it comes to head coaching hires (both BB teams, Football, volleyball?) but what Bohn has done on the fund raising, alumni relations and re-organization of the athletic department fronts has been excellent and long overdue. Additionally, he orchestrated our move to the PAC 12. Would Pederson have been able to get the corn into the B10? I doubt it.

I think Bohn is very good when it comes to everything except hiring coaches and firing them. He picks bad ones and then waits to long to fire them when they don't perform. He need to fix this but the AD job is a lot more than just hiring and firing coaches.

Bohn = Pederson
Hawkins = Callahan

Any questions?

I can't do it. I just don't think death threats are cool. There's got to be a better way...

Must be joking........

How long has Zim been calling games for the Buffs??

It is troubling that anyone who calls themselves a CU fan does not know who Zim is. Guess our radio reach isn't as large as they boast.

Nope, I only get Craig Way and Chip Brown down here. Never listened to a CU game on the radio.

Not that big a deal since you are in Austin. Did you go to CU though? I would have thought you would have heard him at your time there.

He doesnt speak for all Texans, of course some of us know who he is. Lol i do but im just joking with you Greg.

Not that big a deal since you are in Austin. Did you go to CU though? I would have thought you would have heard him at your time there.

Yes, I went to CU. During the Barnett years though 2002-2006 so I went to all of the home games, and pretty much all of the away games were on TV, so I never listened to a game on the radio.

I'm willing to bet none of the 15 Zimmer's have ever seen anything like this. :huh:

Yes, I went to CU. During the Barnett years though 2002-2006 so I went to all of the home games, and pretty much all of the away games were on TV, so I never listened to a game on the radio.

I guess I have always been a radio junkie and made the assumption you would know since it is clear you are a major Buff fan.

Agree. I started up at CU in 85 and when the games were not on TV, it was always the radio on Saturdays so we could hear the game live. Zim has been a part of it for a long time.

My 2 favorite calls by Zimmer were the Ben Kelley return against Wyoming and of course the Michigan game.

Back