What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'08 GA PF Toby Veal

Sexton Hardcastle

Club Member
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
425735.jpg

Johnson HS (Savannah, GA)

Ht: 6-foot-7
Wt: 210 lbs

Veal leaving CU basketball
Forward is second player to transfer this offseason
By Ryan Thorburn
Friday, May 29, 2009

BOULDER, Colo. — Through tough injuries, study sessions and personal issues, Ryan Kelley and Toby Veal helped one another get through a difficult year at the University of Colorado.

Both players showed flashes of brilliance as true freshmen in the struggling men's basketball program, but neither played much during their first season for Jeff Bzdelik.

CU announced on Friday that Veal would be leaving the Buffs, just as Kelley decided to do shortly after a miserable 9-22 season.

http://www.buffzone.com/news/2009/may/29/veal-leaving-cu-basketball/

We've got to quit recruiting guys from the deep south (football & basketball). They've got about as much chance of feeling at home in Boulder as if they went to Europe for 4-5 years.

I agree with you partially. Lots of our Louisiana players have transferred over the years, but at the same time, many of our FL players have stayed. Obi, from GA, seems to be doing okay. I don't know - for basketball, I think we need to scour the entire country, and take the best we can get.

Back