What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 AZ CB Ramon Abreu (Signed to Arizona State)

Sexton Hardcastle

Club Member
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
678565.jpg

Marcos De Niza HS (Tempe, AZ)

Ht: 5-foot-10
Wt: 170 lbs
Forty: 4.53 secs
Vertical: 35 inches
GPA: 3.86

Rivals rating: 3*; unranked Athlete
Scout rating: 3*; #65 Safety
ESPN rating: 2* - 74 grade; #157 Athlete

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: '10 AZ ATH Ramon Abreu

I'm thinking ASU as well, but it is curious that he did not jump on that offer right away. Seems like the top Arizona kids seem content to play it out.

Re: '10 AZ ATH Ramon Abreu

I'm thinking ASU as well, but it is curious that he did not jump on that offer right away. Seems like the top Arizona kids seem content to play it out.

He's very focused on the academic side and how well a program does at preparing its athletes for life after football. I have a good feeling that Abreu will eventually be a Buff and will eventually be a great Safety for us.

Scout's got a very good premium article up on him today.

Re: '10 AZ CB Ramon Abreu

Abreu is visiting this weekend for the A&M game. I have a pretty good feeling about this one. ASU wasn't able to lock him down before he visited. Supposed to be beautiful weather this weekend.

Scout's SW Recruiting Analyst (Jason Jewell) reported that Abreu's response when asked whether he liked CU: "What's NOT to like?". :cool:

Aside from Jewell screwing up and thinking that Texas A&M beat us :rolleyes:, Jewell's interview article is very solid.

Abreu is expected to take a visit to Arizona State and it looks like they're our only competition (and we definitely made up ground this past weekend).

Some choice quotes from the article:

Abreu's first impression, "It was awesome organization by the program to show us the school, academics, the people and the players."

The support despite the loss also made an impression on Abreu. "It was a college football town which was awesome. I have never seen such loyal students and fans. The team doesn't have the best record but walking into the stadium, you wouldn't know that." He adds, "A lot of the players were really humble and great people," he adds.

*** btw, he won't see that type of fan support or college town environment at ASU and he didn't see it at his other official (San Diego State). Decided advantage for CU.

Scout's SW Recruiting Analyst (Jason Jewell) reported that Abreu's response when asked whether he liked CU: "What's NOT to like?". :cool:

Aside from Jewell screwing up and thinking that Texas A&M beat us :rolleyes:, Jewell's interview article is very solid.

Abreu is expected to take a visit to Arizona State and it looks like they're our only competition (and we definitely made up ground this past weekend).

Some choice quotes from the article:

Abreu's first impression, "It was awesome organization by the program to show us the school, academics, the people and the players."

The support despite the loss also made an impression on Abreu. "It was a college football town which was awesome. I have never seen such loyal students and fans. The team doesn't have the best record but walking into the stadium, you wouldn't know that." He adds, "A lot of the players were really humble and great people," he adds.

*** btw, he won't see that type of fan support or college town environment at ASU and he didn't see it at his other official (San Diego State). Decided advantage for CU.
but... but... the blue out was TERRIBLE for recruiting!?

Abreu decided to take no more visits after seeing CU and ASU. He's believed to be a heavy Sun Devil lean (live down the street from the stadium), but he didn't commit when he was there so who knows. Expect a decision soon. He was waiting until his HS season was over to make the announcement.

Curious that Abreu hasn't committed yet.

Maybe offer(s) aren't committable?

Maybe he's a silent to either CU or ASU?

Or maybe he just hasn't decided yet?

He'd be a very nice addition to this class if we could pull off the late surprise here.

Seems that Rivals answered my question this morning. Abreu's still deciding, CU's definitely still in it, and a decision should be coming in the next couple weeks.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1036009

Abreu said his top three choices remains unchanged, with Colorado a finalist along with San Diego State and hometown Arizona State.

"I've been waiting to see if I picked up any new offers, but everything is the same," Abreu said. "It's close between those three. I plan to meet with my family and my coaches before I make a decision. I haven't heard from anybody new, but you never know what's going to happen in recruiting."

One of the schools that Abreu, a 5-foot-10, 170-pounder, was waiting to see if it would make a late recruiting pitch for him was Arizona. That's because former Colorado defensive backs coach Greg Brown, who was recruiting Abreu for the Buffs, left Colorado for a job at Arizona.

But Abreu, who has 10 offers in all and is ranked the No. 10 prospect in his state, said Arizona told him it isn't looking for more defensive backs to add to its Class of 2010.

"Coach Brown was one of my favorite coaches, so it changed things at first for me," Abreu said. "But I like the new coach (Ashley Ambrose) Colorado has recruiting me as well. I've got a good relationship started with him."

Go Abrose! We could really use Abreu in this class. He brings a lot of athleticism.

Earlier, valdezj had posted the youtube video of Abreu's junior year defensive highlights. Here are his offensive highlights (his athleticism really shows here):

[video=youtube;xJbMslzCjYQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJbMslzCjYQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJbMslzCjYQ[/video]

Rivals still shows Greg Brown recruiting him for CU. Go Greg! :smile2:

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Brown steered him toward CU when they talked. He's tight with Ambrose, was a Buff for many years, and does not want to see Abreu playing for rival Arizona State. When he told Abreu that Arizona simply didn't have room for any more DBs in this class, odds are he put in a good word for us. :thumbsup:

Damn. A lot of speculation that he was an ASU lock from early on, but it seemed to be turning our way on this one.

I wonder if this means that we bring in A.J. Powell. Or maybe the coaching staff is on someone else with more prototypical safety size/speed who we're unaware of right now.

Back