What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 AZ OLB Kyle Benson (Signed to Arizona)

AlferdJasper

Rivals
Scout
ESPN

681818m.jpg

KYLEBENSON11NA082200.JPG

Corona Del Sol HS (Tempe, AZ)

Ht: 6-2
Wt: 212
40: 4.48

Rivals rating: 3*; not ranked
Scout rating: 3*; #33 OLB
ESPN rating: 3* - 78 rating; #33 OLB

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: '10 AZ LB Kyle Benson

In one of his profiles, I think it said he was a champion in the 110 meter hurdles in Arizona. He's got some wheels.

Kid lives in Tempe. Is ASU going after him? If not, why not?

He's been offered by Arizona, the sites just don't list every school that's offered. He has one interview about liking "in state schools" but it was an ASU reporter, so that's to be expected from the questions.

Offer List includes: Arizona, Oregon, Colorado, Utah, BYU, Air Force, New Mexico State, CSU.

He camped at UCLA, Cal and Arizona, no word on offers from those places.

He's been offered by Arizona, the sites just don't list every school that's offered. He has one interview about liking "in state schools" but it was an ASU reporter, so that's to be expected from the questions.

Offer List includes: Arizona, Oregon, Colorado, Utah, BYU, Air Force, New Mexico State, CSU.

He camped at UCLA, Cal and Arizona, no word on offers from those places.
Arizona or ASU? They are actually different universities.....

Arizona or ASU? They are actually different universities.....

He has an offer from Arizona aka UofA.
He camped at Arizona and ASU. (Or was planning to.)

He likes ASU, but does not hold an offer. He planned to camp there the weekend of June 17. He camped at CU and holds an offer.

Sorry, I know the difference, but I edited the post and mixed up the schools.
Jack Elway played for ASU, or at least suited up.:smile2:

I like this kid a lot. He doesn't go for the big hit every time. He's a solid tackler. Once he wraps up he's bringing you down.

Re: '10 AZ OLB Kyle Benson

CU made his final 4. We're also his favorite campus. If we want him, we're going to need to win this year because he was also impressed with Oregon. Final 4: Colorado, Oregon, Arizona, Utah.

CU made his final 4. We're also his favorite campus. If we want him, we're going to need to win this year because he was also impressed with Oregon. Final 4: Colorado, Oregon, Arizona, Utah.

Back in the mix with Oregon again this year, eh? :pissed:

Will be visiting on the weekend of December 18th. Has a top three of Utah, Arizona, and the Buffs. He loves the campus and says the school "fits him". Really hope we land him, I think he could play early.

I was nervous about opening this thread because I really, really want Benson to be a Buff and I was afraid it was bad news with all the prospects Arizona landed after this past weekend.

Whew!!!!

Now that my breathing and pulse rate are back down near normal...

Awesome news!!!! Benson would be an absolute stud for Colorado. He's a sideline-to-sideline guy with enough speed to even play the hybrid safety like Tommy Chung did at Oregon (before going to the NFL). Let's hope that he and Onuahu commit next weekend.

He feels the school is a good fit, and he'd be playing for the best linebacker coach in the nation! Go Buffs!

A new rivals article with the Arizona site today basically boils it down to the Buffs and Arizona. He will visit here this coming weekend and Arizona in January.

He wants the opportunity to play early and I believe he will get that shot here. He has very good speed and would instantly add athleticism to our LB corps, especially helpful with all the spread offenses in the conference. This is a guy we really need to land IMO.

A new rivals article with the Arizona site today basically boils it down to the Buffs and Arizona. He will visit here this coming weekend and Arizona in January.

He wants the opportunity to play early and I believe he will get that shot here. He has very good speed and would instantly add athleticism to our LB corps, especially helpful with all the spread offenses in the conference. This is a guy we really need to land IMO.

Article's now up on the CU Rivals site: http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1028866

And I totally agree. Benson would be a very valuable addition to this class.

Location and his relationship with the coaching staff were his primary reasons for deciding on U of A. He went to almost every home game this season. Disappointing.

Rivals reports on decision

"I went down this weekend for my official visit and I knew I was going to commit the last couple of weeks," Benson said. "I was waiting until then to do it because I wanted to meet with coach (Mike) Stoops and coach (Tim) Kish.

"We went through the whole thing and I was kind of messing with them, waiting until (Sunday) morning. I told them today and they were really pumped. I think I'm going to be a good player for them."

Must be nice to be able to keep in-state kids. Sigh. GL to Benson.

Back