What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 AZ OT Alex Lewis (Signed to Colorado - GS)

Never understood the hype either, so agree with you. But this will hurt us (potentially) more than it will help them. It's possible Lewis would not have been able to win a starting spot and we'd suffer no major injuries. But at the very least he was the first guy off the bench if any of the 5 were to go down (a guard would slide to center if a center goes out). Will that make/break our season? Probably not.

So let's hold hands and collectively wish him good luck? I said the same thing when Josh Smith and D-Scott left. This young man just failed a test of character. He's spent 2.5 years here and just when he's ready to deliver some goods for the school that invested in him, he leaves for NU, dumping his teammates. Good luck? How about **** YOU?

Hope we can find that the Nubs coaches were quietly recruiting him. Anything short of NCAA violations would be a disappointment.

I had way less animosity towards Scott and J-Fly. They had multiple, multiple BCS options. Lewis had one chance at BCS football, used our strength and conditioning staffs and training table to get him where he needed to be physically, and bounced. To add insult to injury, he attended our household's high school. I don't wish him good luck, but I don't have it in me to wish him bad luck either. Ah, hell I wish him the best of luck. But, some loyalty would have been nice, Alex.

The number of Corn in the Valley and the Denver metro area always astounds me. There is a sports radio station in Phoenix that syndicates every Nebraska football game. Yet, Nebraska is such a great state that the Nubs flee in mass exodus to Colorado and Arizona.

For me to put such an action into perspective, I like something to weigh it against - Mac honoring all the old staff commitments when he took over seems most relevant. Honor, then seems to be the key word. If there are some details we don't have a clue about, then I might change my thinking, but as it stands, this is a classless, opportunistic act. While I don't wish him any ill, I don't wish him well, either. Dead to me... makes me think of a saying that loosely applies: I'd rather be dead than red on the [helmet], like the tip of a d*ck of a dog. So there!

I had way less animosity towards Scott and J-Fly. They had multiple, multiple BCS options. Lewis had one chance at BCS football, used our strength and conditioning staffs and training table to get him where he needed to be physically, and bounced.

:yeahthat:

I'll take the high road and simply say that I think he'll fit right in in Lincoln....

Maybe he prefers to be yelled at constantly. Embree and Little Bo Peep seem to utilize similar motivation techniques.

Don't let the door hit ya where the Lord split ya, Alex.

Have fun riding pine for the cobs.

Back