What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CA S Sean Parker (Signed to Washington)

Sexton Hardcastle

Club Member
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN

SEANPARKER8_13200.JPG

Narbonne High School (Harbor City, CA)

Ht: 6-foot-0
Wt: 185 lbs
Forty: 4.55 secs

Scout Bio:
Started as a sophomore for Harbor City (Calif.) Narbonne in 2007. Averaged six tackles a game and is one of the hardest hitters in the West. Named First Team all-Marine League in 2007.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: '10 CA S Sean Parker

Will Parker leave the state?

Notre Dame has a chance to do some big things recruiting in California next year. The Irish already have a commitment from Chris Martin, arguably the top defensive player in the West next year, lead for two-way athlete Anthony Barr and are also looking good for talented defensive back Sean Parker (Harbor City, Calif./ Narbonne).

Parker could be the top safety in the state next year. He totaled 68 tackles and six picks to earn first team all-city, all-area and first team all-state underclass by CalHiSports.com

He combined this past season with USC signee Byron Moore to form a tremendous defensive backfield and is already closing in on double digit scholarship offers.

"I have nice offers right now," Parker said. "Notre Dame is the most recent school to offer and that was a big one. I also have offers from Stanford, Colorado, Arizona State, Oregon, Minnesota and Washington State."
Parker has always said he wanted to leave the area to play his college ball but he does have a couple of in-state schools in his top five.

"Notre Dame is my top school right now followed by Stanford, USC, Florida and Oregon," Parker said. "That's my top five right now but it's early and I plan to go through the recruiting process and take my visits before I commit anywhere."

Parker is carrying a 3.8 GPA and said he plans to major in Business in college. He'll attend the NIKE Camp at USC in April.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3889996&name=West_Recruiting

Better than a sharp stick in the eye.:smile2:

http://www.huskerjournal.com/recruiting.html

Sean has offers from Alabama, Arizona, Michigan, Nebraska, Notre Dame, USC, Stanford, Georgia, Penn State and others.

“I like all teams right now, I don’t have any favorites.” Parker said

“I went to Washington camp I liked it there. I enjoyed myself there. I got to meet all the coaches many of them have NFL experience. There is a lot of history at Washington.” Parker said

“I like the coaches at Colorado.” Parker said, “They are laid back. The coaches are fun to hang out with. Coach Hagan is recruiting me, he’s a cool guy. He came up last year at the school to see me.”

Family In Georgia

“I like Georgia because they play in a competitive conference and mom would be willing to move to Georgia, so I will be close to her, if that’s where I go. I have an uncle that lives in Georgia and some cousins. I don’t hear from Georgia coaches a lot” Parker said

“I like the history they have up there,” Parker said, “I like how all the players love playing for Paterno. I like to meet him. It’s possible I will visit Penn State but it’s too early to tell right now.”

“All schools are recruiting me pretty hard. It’s all mild on all schools right now. I might get some more offers. I’m just working hard don’t let that (recruiting) get to my head.” Parker said

Academics A Priority

“The thing I’m looking for in college most is academics that’s what I want to accomplish the most before football. I will take all my visits during the season, if not it will be after.” Parker said

Parker said he also likes Minnesota. Parker likes the fact that Minnesota has a new stadium, they are a team on the rise and he has a chance to play early at Minnesota.

is this the qb/db who names im blanking on? isnt this his best friend

edit:cause I'm an idot

Isn't he Motens best friend

Last edited:

He is very close with Byron Moore, who chose USC over us and Notre Dame on signing day last year. USC's depth chart is really stacked at safety though (even moreso than other positions). I think it may just be enough to get Parker looking elsewhere. They signed three of the top seven safeties in the country in the 2009 class. They currently lead for Tony Jefferson (listed as LB by rivals, but USC likes him as a safety) and they also are in good shape for Dietrich Riley, another 4* out of Cali.

Looking at the list of schools offering, it doesn't seem like we have little chance, but that's a nice quote about Hagan and the CU coaches. Why wouldn't his position coach here (Brown) be recruiting him, because we recruit by area? I guess I could look through Rivals recruits' pages and figure it out, but are those published anywhere?

Looking at the list of schools offering, it doesn't seem like we have little chance, but that's a nice quote about Hagan and the CU coaches. Why wouldn't his position coach here (Brown) be recruiting him, because we recruit by area? I guess I could look through Rivals recruits' pages and figure it out, but are those published anywhere?

Each coach recruits an area. I think they also put coaches who will relate better with certain recruits together.

Each coach recruits an area. I think they also put coaches who will relate better with certain recruits together.

How do you know that ahead of first contact? I guess a camp would provide a means, but first you have to get them there.

How do you know that ahead of first contact? I guess a camp would provide a means, but first you have to get them there.

Who knows. Perhaps, the staff has a pretty good relationship with the high school coaches? Putting Hagan with the inner city kids seem to work out (Darrell Scott, Rippy etc)

Not sure we have much of a shot here, but I'm pretty sure you can rule out USC here since they got a 4* safety commit today. Maybe he wants to leave the state?

Not sure we have much of a shot here, but I'm pretty sure you can rule out USC here since they got a 4* safety commit today. Maybe he wants to leave the state?

Dion Bailey to USC could start a domino effect with the California safeties. There are about a half dozen really good ones and I think most, if not all, were looking at USC first. I doubt the Trojans take 2 since they loaded the position in the 2009 class.

I really wanted Shaq Evans last year, even though we didn't have a shot, and this year, I would really like Parker. He just seems like that rare kid that will really represent your program well in the classroom, on the field, and in the community. Brown is a great coach too - hopefully he visits.

I really wanted Shaq Evans last year, even though we didn't have a shot, and this year, I would really like Parker. He just seems like that rare kid that will really represent your program well in the classroom, on the field, and in the community. Brown is a great coach too - hopefully he visits.

My top 3 for this year:

1. Kenny Stills
2. Sean Parker
3. George Uko

I would like to think we have a shot at the first two, and pretty much know we have no shot at Uko.

My top 3 for this year:

1. Kenny Stills
2. Sean Parker
3. George Uko

I would like to think we have a shot at the first two, and pretty much know we have no shot at Uko.

So... how's our criminology school? From Scout: "Uko plans on majoring in criminology and reports a 3.0 core GPA and is awaiting his SAT results." Can criminology professors make recruiting calls?

Back