What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO QB Austin Hinder (Signed to Cal)

Re: '10 CO QB Austin Hinder

Looks like it'll be CU against CAL for this guy, at least from what I've read. He seems like he really likes Cal with his family history there, but he's also mentioning CU as the hometown favorite. Has anyone actually seen him play?

Recruiting is such a weird thing, Parker Orms plays small school ball and he doesn't get the time of day, but this kid is 6'5 while playing small school ball and he might be one of the best QB prospects in the country? He must be throwing some incredible out routes at these combines and camps.

I think Tedford's chance to get a better gig than Cal is gone, and now that Cal is finally improving their facilities I'm not sure he would want to leave at all. Berkeley is a pretty nice place to live if you're making seven figures.

I think Tedford's chance to get a better gig than Cal is gone, and now that Cal is finally improving their facilities I'm not sure he would want to leave at all. Berkeley is a pretty nice place to live if you're making seven figures.

Berkely is a dump. But there are nice areas on the East side of the Bay.

Berkely is a dump. But there are nice areas on the East side of the Bay.

Berkeley hills are NOT a dump. And the campus is nice too.

Skyline Blvd/Grizzly Peak has some of the most stunning sunsets I have ever seen. If you come to the bay area and don't do that drive on a clear night at sunset, you're really missing out.

GP_SF-sunset_800x600.jpg

Boulder's better though, obviously.

Austin Hinder- Next terrelle pryor?

Boy! can that kid run or what? and he has a nice deep ball. how cool would it be if he put on like 30 pounds?

Re: Austin Hinder- Next terrelle pryor?

Way to make a solid pick there, BB.

Re: Austin Hinder- Next terrelle pryor?

how cool would it be if he put on like 30 pounds?

He'll have to if he wants to survive at the college level. He has plenty of time to ad weight, so I don't think it'll be a problem. He still has another year of HS and probably wouldn't start as a frosh. I'd say he has a minimum of two years to add some poundage.

Lips Of An Angel lyrics

Honey why are you calling me so late?
It's kinda hard to talk right now
Honey why are you crying, is everything okay?
I gotta whisper 'cause I can't be too loud

Well, my girl's in the next room
Sometimes I wish she was you
I guess we never really moved on

It's really good to hear your voice saying my name
It sounds so sweet
Coming from the lips of an angel
Hearing those words it makes me weak

And I never wanna say goodbye
But girl you make it hard to be faithful
With the lips of an angel

It's funny that you're calling me tonight
And yes I've dreamt of you too
And does he know you're talking to me?
Will it start a fight?
No I don't think she has a clue

Well my girl's in the next room
Sometimes I wish she was you
I guess we never really moved on

It sounds so sweet

It sounds so sweet

Honey why are you calling me so late?

Steamboat QB already on radar for Buffs in 2009
Hinder could be state's top prospect next season
By Kyle Ringo
Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Colorado football coaching staff has received a lot of pats on the back the past few days for going 3-for-3 in keeping the top in-state recruit home the past three years.
Going 4-for-4 is likely to be the toughest assignment yet.

It's a good bet Steamboat Springs High School quarterback Austin Hinder will be considered the top in-state prospect for the 2010 recruiting class. Not a sure thing, but a safe prediction at this point.

Scout.com already rates him with four stars and he was invited to the junior combine last month prior to the prestigious Army All-America game in San Antonio, Texas. He is the player CU recruiting junkies will most closely follow over the next year, inheriting the title from Legacy defensive end Nick Kasa, who took it from Ponderosa linebacker Jon Major, who inherited it from Columbine offensive lineman Ryan Miller. All three became Buffs.

Hinder says he loves CU and coach Dan Hawkins, but he also has ties and passion for at least two other schools. One is a Big 12 Conference North Division rival of the Buffs.

More...

Getting him would be huge. He is a probable top 100 recruit and he wants to make his decision early. Would be the type of commit that could set up the rest of the class in a very good way.
Well said ... I'm still torqued about Landry-stupid-Jones, so let's get this kid 4 stars and committed asap :thumbsup:

The article also said his grandfather is ex-Cardinals coach and Cal Bear HOF'er Jim Hanifan, and that Hanifan will be his top advisor in the process. Plus Cal was the first to offer him ... not a good group of facts for us.

Question. Based the assumed bias recruiting services have for certain schools, would it help or hurt Hinder to commit early to CU? Meaning will that affect his evaluation in stars, coverage, and offers? Will the sites downgrade him as a result? Seems to me sites love the hype and might focus on a guy more when he holds out to add to the drama. If any of those are true, I can see why a young man might not want to commit early for (1) the drama and hype, (2) might want name drop top schools in order to keep his top rating up (assuming he has one from the sites). Perception contributes to half of the rating with these sites it seems like.

He will be attending junior days at Cal, Stanford, and CU.

I'd love to land Hinder but to me he's going to be harder to keep in state than any of the top kids these last few years. I know Hawk will do his best, but I'm not holding my breath on Hinder becoming a Buff.

I'd love to land Hinder but to me he's going to be harder to keep in state than any of the top kids these last few years. I know Hawk will do his best, but I'm not holding my breath on Hinder becoming a Buff.

He sounds similar to Kasa, so hopefully Hawk can convince him to stay home

Agreed, although I think we have made up a lot of ground in the last 3-4 months. The nice thing is that if he goes to Cal, that gives us a shot at landing a Cali blue chip QB.

I like our chances so long as Hawk is doing the recruiting. We all thought Kasa was gone, but at the end of the day, he's a Buff.

I'm not going to minimize the challenges to getting him, but we all know there is something special about CU. I think Hawk is doing a great job of getting that message across.

Question. Based the assumed bias recruiting services have for certain schools, would it help or hurt Hinder to commit early to CU? Meaning will that affect his evaluation in stars, coverage, and offers? Will the sites downgrade him as a result? Seems to me sites love the hype and might focus on a guy more when he holds out to add to the drama. If any of those are true, I can see why a young man might not want to commit early for (1) the drama and hype, (2) might want name drop top schools in order to keep his top rating up (assuming he has one from the sites). Perception contributes to half of the rating with these sites it seems like.

I think you have a point here about these kids not wanting to commit early, especially when their Juniors and being pursued hasn't become a debilitating grind yet.

I LOVED what Hawk said on the Fan on Wednesday, about what he tells Juniors when he speaks to them - he said (paraphrased) "You're going to love it now, but when it gets down to the last few months and you're not in control, it's going to eat you alive" and he talked about kids breaking down over the phone when speaking with them.

Do we have any shot at landing Heaps if we lose out on Hinder?

So does anyone want to throw out an over/under on how many replies this thread gets by signing day 2010?

He sounds similar to Kasa, so hopefully Hawk can convince him to stay home

Agreed, although I think we have made up a lot of ground in the last 3-4 months. The nice thing is that if he goes to Cal, that gives us a shot at landing a Cali blue chip QB.

I like our chances so long as Hawk is doing the recruiting. We all thought Kasa was gone, but at the end of the day, he's a Buff.

I'm not going to minimize the challenges to getting him, but we all know there is something special about CU. I think Hawk is doing a great job of getting that message across.

Agree with all you guys, and I won't under estimate Hawk, but they have their work cut out for them with Hinder.

And the fact that Hinder has said that he wants to decide prior to his senior year puts the Buffs in an even tougher spot. Not insurmountable, but certainly an uphill battle.

Back