What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO QB Austin Hinder (Signed to Cal)

Re: '10 CO QB Austin Hinder

Being from Steamboat isn't like being from Lakewood or Northglenn. This kid has traveled more than most of us. He's been attending camps all over creation for some time. His Pappy is a longtime NFL man and likely has contacts throughout the NCAA. I don't even consider this kid an in-state kid.

He's going to pick the school with a QB coach with a track record of developing NFL QBs. Helfrich worked with one at ASU (sort of), but it's not like he's a famous QB developer, at least not yet.

I'm not saying we have no chance, but we are starting this one off at a larger disadvantage than the last 3 top rated Colorado kids we landed.

If he doesn't come here, I hope he goes to Cal, Stanford, UCLA etc. That will help us land a good Cal QB prospect. We should be able to get a good one this year one way or the other. The depth chart is wide open here.

Nick Saban just offered him. Bama recruits like mad men, this will be a tough battle

“I will be heading to an Elite 11 Regional at Cal on May 16th and then a Nike camp the next day at Stanford,” Hinder said.

Are those open to the public? Norcal buffs is pretty strong...

Meh. He will not end up there in the end, so who cares.

Yeah, he doesn't seem like a KU lean to me, either.
When the "independent KU Authority" writes about an athlete, the headline is going to read he's interested in KU, even if it's the same interview given to 20 different schools.

This is a wait and see player, for sure.

But I'll still go to Glenwood Spgs in the fall and see the kid play if Steamboat has an away game there.

Yeah, he doesn't seem like a KU lean to me, either.
When the "independent KU Authority" writes about an athlete, the headline is going to read he's interested in KU, even if it's the same interview given to 20 different schools.

This is a wait and see player, for sure.

But I'll still go to Glenwood Spgs in the fall and see the kid play if Steamboat has an away game there.

yeah HINDER at KU would totally suck for DH and CU. cant lose him to a BIGXII rival.

yeah HINDER at KU would totally suck for DH and CU. cant lose him to a BIGXII rival.

As with all players, particularly quarterbacks, until he's on the field for somebody, we won't know just how good he is.

And there are quite a few QBs in this class, so not worried, yet.

If Hinder shows an interest in CU, I'd be interested back, but not going to sweat this one. Again, he's got a lot of people/schools murmuring his name, but I find it fascinating that he was beat out for All-State 3A quarterback by Dakota Stonehouse.

His senior year will tell us a lot. And I'd like to see him play in person, regardless of where he ends up for college.

If Hinder shows an interest in CU, I'd be interested back, but not going to sweat this one. Again, he's got a lot of people/schools murmuring his name, but I find it fascinating that he was beat out for All-State 3A quarterback by Dakota Stonehouse.

He is showing a lot of interest in us and judging by the number of offers at QB right now (not many), I would say we're very interested as well. There are some questions to be resolved with his play though.

He is showing a lot of interest in us and judging by the number of offers at QB right now (not many), I would say we're very interested as well. There are some questions to be resolved with his play though.

Would love to have a few good choices at QB in next year's class. Just want to know more about Hinder --- I love it when good in-state kids LIKE CU to begin with, so hope that's the case.

Would love to have a few good choices at QB in next year's class. Just want to know more about Hinder --- I love it when good in-state kids LIKE CU to begin with, so hope that's the case.

We aren't his leaders, but I think we have a shot. If we don't land Hinder, there are three Cali QBs I like: Pete Thomas, Tyler Shreve, and Jesse Scroggins.

We aren't his leaders, but I think we have a shot. If we don't land Hinder, there are three Cali QBs I like: Pete Thomas, Tyler Shreve, and Jesse Scroggins.

What are your thoughts re: Heaps, Spond and Coulter?

I don't think we have a shot with Kain C. (gut feeling and the Stanford offer).

Is Spond CU material?

What about these guys:
Rivals (early) quick QB prospect list for CU

or should we start a quarterback thread and not mess with Hinder's focus?

What are your thoughts re: Heaps, Spond and Coulter?

I don't think we have a shot with Kain C. (gut feeling and the Stanford offer).

Is Spond CU material?

What about these guys:
Rivals (early) quick QB prospect list for CU

or should we start a quarterback thread and not mess with Hinder's focus?

I think it is relevant to mention some of these other names here because they are interrelated. Coulter and Spond both like Stanford, as does Hinder. Stanford also has a good shot at Nick Montana.

I read an article where some prospect mentioned that Stanford was looking to take two QBs this cycle. That is where this all gets interesting. Are they going to recruit Spond/Coulter as QBs first or are they recruiting them as athletes like CU is? Add in the potential of Montana committing then it really starts to get interesting.

I honestly do not know how it shakes out, but I do think QB should be our #1 priority. We should have a better idea of where we stand after we have our Junior Day. A lot of schools have already had theirs, so we'll see what type of impression we can make.

haha, Tyler Shreve goes to my old high school. I didn't go to any games last year, but the year before i went to a couple and his job was entirely to hand off to Chris Polk the entire game. Maybe if they let him throw it once or twice they could've beat whoever they lost to in playoffs last year, Corona Centennial I think? It'd be cool to see someone from my school go to CU, they all love to go to U-Dub for some reason.

SO, it seems like there will be a lot of national-level talent right in our state, and yet judging by what I'm reading, DH is going to have a hard time keeping them instate?
I hope DH can continue to keep the top in-state talent at CU. However, it doenst sound too good. A lot of time between now and NLOI Signing Day but this year's season is critical in order to not only show the nation and the fans, but even the CO HS talent that CU has turned the corner is going to be a succesful program in the future.

To echo what some have said here in AB, there seems to be a lot riding on this next season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=West_Recruiting

"I'm hearing from just about every school in the country right now," Hinder said. "I have offers from Cal, Stanford, Alabama, Kansas, Kansas State, Colorado, Colorado State, Nebraska, Arizona State, Notre Dame, Pitt, Purdue and a few others.

"I'm hoping to attend as many team camps as I can but don't have a set schedule yet. I know I'm going to the NIKE Camp at Stanford and the Elite 11 regional camp at Cal and those are probably my top two schools right now.

"I also like Colorado, UCLA, Penn State, Notre Dame and a few others. Location and academics are important to me as well as a coaching staff that I'm comfortable with."

:bump:http://colorado.rivals.com/
"Guess what awaited Austin Hinder when he returned home from spring break last week? About 100 recruiting letters, all for him to open and read and consider as he tries to decide what college he'll attend. Those 100 letters came after only four days away from his home town of Steamboat Springs that, incidentally, were spent in Mexico. Hinder said he feels fine, though, and the attention he's receiving as Colorado's top-rated prospect is not overwhelming..."

SO, is he officially CO top recruit because Rivlas says so? If so, need to have his picture as an avatar.

It is getting interesting here. Cal offered Jesse Scroggins today.

Only the third QB they have offered, so it just makes the situation more interesting. Scroggins apparently really likes them quite a bit.

so if he likes them and coulter went to stanford does it come between us and stanford for hinders services or do we jump to the front?

It is too early in the year for this type of recruiting drama!

Austin - make it easy on us Buffs fans! Come down to Boulder!

berkely and palo alto suck ask daaah they suck dont they...

(say the towns suck or you get neg repped into the stone age :lol:)

berkely and palo alto suck ask daaah they suck dont they...

(say the towns suck or you get neg repped into the stone age :lol:)

Palo Alto is pretty nice. I could do without Berkely. It reminded me of Cleveland. The Stanford campus reminds me a lot of the CU campus. Lots of sandstone brick architecture. Berkely reminded me of CSU. Lots of concrete.

Back