What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO QB Austin Hinder (Signed to Cal)

Re: '10 CO QB Austin Hinder

berkely and palo alto suck ask daaah they suck dont they...

(say the towns suck or you get neg repped into the stone age :lol:)

Actually, Berkeley is a pretty cool city. It's got it's dirty and dangerous parts, but all in all, I think it's pretty neat. It'd be quite a shock for someone coming from Steamboat, that's for sure. But the football games are booooorrrring. I had season tix that one year that got ranked as high as #2 (2 years ago?) and the stadium was the most dull and boring atmosphere I have ever seen in college. And this was a team that was a legit national championship contender. The opposing team is on the goal line and there are clueless families with their kids crawling all over the place and the parents on their cell phones talking about innane crap. Seriously. That is money that I will never spend again. It is, however, fun to go up to cheapskate hill and smoke weed, drink beer, and watch the portion of the field that is not obscured by trees. However, I think that is where they plan to build thier new rec center or whatever, so the sole cool thing about Cal football is about to come to an end.

As far as Stanford, you go there for the education. I've never been to a football game there so I can't comment on that. Palo Alto is a ****hole but it's not too bad of a trainride up to the city. I can never fault a kid for choosing stanford though - it provides one of the best educations in the world and you can't really flunk out.

Daaah and I have differing opinions on Berkely and Palo Alto. I've always enjoyed Palo Alto. It's a nice town, IMO. The only game I ever went to at Stanford was the 1991 CU game in their old stadium. It was a freaking huge stadium that didn't get filled at all. Figure this was a game against the (then) defending national champions. CU brought a good 7,500 fans or so, and the stadium was about half full.

But, as Daaah says, you go to Stanford for the education, not the athletics. Their athletic department is second to none, though. They compete at a national level in just about every sport you can imagine. It's hard to compete in football with their academic requirements, but they are consistently one of the top 2-3 schools in the Sears Cup, and they usually win it. They're running away with it again this year. BTW - CU isn't even in the top 50 right now.

Daaah and I have differing opinions on Berkely and Palo Alto. I've always enjoyed Palo Alto. It's a nice town, IMO. The only game I ever went to at Stanford was the 1991 CU game in their old stadium. It was a freaking huge stadium that didn't get filled at all. Figure this was a game against the (then) defending national champions. CU brought a good 7,500 fans or so, and the stadium was about half full.

But, as Daaah says, you go to Stanford for the education, not the athletics. Their athletic department is second to none, though. They compete at a national level in just about every sport you can imagine. It's hard to compete in football with their academic requirements, but they are consistently one of the top 2-3 schools in the Sears Cup, and they usually win it. They're running away with it again this year. BTW - CU isn't even in the top 50 right now.

CU is does poorly because it has so few teams.

But Sackman, there is nothing to DO in Palo Alto (other than study and walk to the satellite dish).

CU is does poorly because it has so few teams.

But Sackman, there is nothing to DO in Palo Alto (other than study and walk to the satellite dish).

I suppose you're right about that. But it's close to SF and San Jose, so finding something to do shouldn't be too much of a problem. I've never spent enough time there to be in a position where I needed to find something to do. My sister and I found a nice sushi restaurant there. So it has that going for it. :thumbsup:

And yeah, Stanford kicks everybody's ass in the Sears Cup because they have something like 40 varsity sports.

did anyone hear he had a new top 3 and we ain't in it... i dunno if its spec or not

did anyone hear he had a new top 3 and we ain't in it... i dunno if its spec or not

an interview by a california reporter who names the top three and asks Hinder to agree with him. Take with large block of salt.

even if true. I like delusions.

I urge all CU fans to book some time at this place. Heck, the coaches should too, if it is allowed. Hunting, fishing, rafting, kayaking, horses, hayrack ride, dinner in a tee-pee, bon fires... cool place. Edit: Note who your hosts are.

Just as long as he doesn't sign early, there is time.

Last edited:

I really think his mind is made up out of state. Unless he has a major epiphany about staying in-state a la Kasa...

You never know. My grandfather was pushing Iowa, I went Colorado. Hinder's grandfather is pushing Cal, he goes to Colorado. I like my logic, although I was always going to CU. Maybe there is a chick he likes that goes to CU. Maybe he likes Indian studies, and Ward Churchill is forced to be rehired. Maybe he decides he would like to stay closer to home. Maybe... sorry. Get up to that ranch, I was surprised to see autographed Marshall Faulk jersey, all sorts of St. Louis Ram stuff. Probably old news, but his grandfather (the Berzerkly guy) was the Ram O-line coach.

He'll be a Cal commit by the 4th of July IMO.

I just hope we get an offer out to Brett Nottingham.

Remember AC Slater's dad wanted him to go to West Point, but AC wanted to wrestle at Iowa and eventually his dad let him make the decision on his own...quick someone send the Hinder's Saved By The Bell tapes ASAP!!

Remember AC Slater's dad wanted him to go to West Point, but AC wanted to wrestle at Iowa and eventually his dad let him make the decision on his own...quick someone send the Hinder's Saved By The Bell tapes ASAP!!

:rofl: the fact that you know this is distrubing yet awesome at the same time :thumbsup:

Yep, right now it looks like CU is out of the running for the top instate recruit this year. :sad1:Sux, but I think if CU has a successful season we can get some top national recruits that will make this class look great. :smile:

[video=youtube;V8lT1o0sDwI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI[/video]

GO GET 'EM HAWK!!!

No way, no how is Hinder #1 in Colorado. Danny Spond is the best recruit in Colorado this cycle. He can play any of 5 positions and he can play now.

Spond is a football player. Hinder is a camp "wunderkind."

No way, no how is Hinder #1 in Colorado. Danny Spond is the best recruit in Colorado this cycle. He can play any of 5 positions and he can play now.

I wouldn't doubt if that is the case, as I was always a little hesitant to believe that a kid who plays against 0 competition in the mountains could really be THAT good...not that's it isn't possible to be blessed with a heap of talent, but playing against nobody competition doesn't help develop but rather inflates talent

Come come now. Hinder is good. He is being recruited by some top schools. Let's not start tearing him down because he MAY want to go somewhere other then our beloved CU.

I don't know, this smacks a bit of sour grapes. Scouts evaluate talent in the camps, which may very well translate on the field. Lots of successful college kids came from podunk small towns. If "the best QB coach in the country" has offered him and coaches him, my guess is he will be successful, too.

There are so many kids out there, you win some and lose a lot.

This isn't tearing him down. Saying he isn't the #1 recruit in the state isn't tearing him down.

He is very accurate and fits the ball into all the spaces. Looks great in shorts.

Just that like a golfer that can hit all the shots on the range and practice areas, but can't get it done on the course.

Hinder needs to dominate at the 3A level to make a statement that he is #1. Just doing it in camps with no rush is not enough. Scout, rivals and Nike evaluations are only right less than 50% of the time on qb's.

Rememeber, the two best qb's in the big XII were not the highest rated qb's to come out of HS.

rep for the obvious.:thumbsup:

Hinder is the #1 recruit in Colorado. Saying otherwise is ignoring the facts. He has offers from all over the place.

But remember that this is a long process. Hawk won't give up on him, even if he issues a verbal commit to Cal. Remember that Kasa was a verbal commit to Florida. It's not over until the fax comes in.

Back