What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO WR Heath Davis (PWO to Colorado)

AlferdJasper

Rivals
Scout
ESPN

172863.jpg
178831.jpg

Grandview H.S. (Aurora, CO)

Ht:6-foot-0
Wt:180 lbs
40: 4.4 secs

Rivals rating: NR
Scout rating: NR
ESPN rating: not in database

Re: CO WR Heath Davis

From an old Rivals article:

Davis won the Elite Hands Award at the Football University Camp held in Commerce City in May.

Official visitor as a preferred walk on candidate.

I hope we get him. If it weren't for an ACL injury in his 3rd game, he would have had offers. He was Grandview's top playmaker and people would have seen him when scouting Martin.

Heath has accepted a Preferred Walk On opportunity with CU. WELCOME ABOARD!

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1046354

Heath Davis estimated that 30 different college football programs were showing interest in him before he tore his ACL last fall.

"I actually ended up committing to CU as a preferred walk-on," said Davis. "CU has always been a place that I have wanted to play.

"I love the atmosphere at CU and the fact that it is close to home. I also really like [head] coach [Dan] Hawkins and his staff. And the people there are real kind. They really took care of me when I took my visit. It just felt like it fit."

He's a bit ahead of schedule on his rehab and was cleared by his doc to play baseball this spring. :thumbsup:

I hope that the 4.4 is legit. He seems like a player who just got hurt at the wrong time and may have been hurt by not being real big and playing in a lower profile program. If he stays at WR it would be nice to have a slot guy who is 6'0" tall and that quick. If he bulks up might be a safety prospect.

I like the potential, but even if he doesn't become a star, these are the type of players that we can use immediately on kick & punt coverage.
Lack of depth is a major reason our special teams have sucked so bad.

Welcome Mr. Davis! I'm glad you decided to join the Buff family. You were noticed by lots of fellow buffs early on in the year.

Back