What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 JUCO C Aziz Ndiaye (Signed to Washington)

dyemeduke

Rivals
Scout
ESPN

138470.jpg
768798.jpg

Southern Idaho JC (Twin Falls, ID) / Lake Forest Academy H.S. (Lake Forest, IL)

Ht: 7-foot-1
Wt: 230

Rivals rating: 3*
Scout rating: NR
ESPN rating: NR

Well...I never really thought this would happen, but while looking up Duke recruiting...I saw a kid Duke has recently started to show some interest in is someone CU also is interested in.

http://duke.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=8&c=1&nid=4738057

I don't know too much about this kid, but he has good size. He has other good schools on him, so I think he has legitimate skills. He's from Senegal, and tore his ACL last year.

It'll be tough to get him, as other programs are in on him, but hopefully Bz can work some magic.

Last edited by a moderator:
probably not good. I have no idea, because following CU recruiting is pretty difficult to do. One, we don't typically go after the top prospects, and services usually focus on their top 150-200 players. Mayes fits that bill, but this cycle, that's about it (Kirk too, but he's long gone). Two, CU just doesn't have a people covering their bball recruiting. The kid though seems like a good guy, and I hope that Bz gets him.

http://www.magicvalley.com/sports/article_1065ffc6-8c07-594c-84fd-b99b7cee26af.html

He shot 38% from the free throw line, so there's one knock against him. We are targeting a big though, and this may be the guy that Bz is going hard after.

Agreed. I'm really surprised that Duke is going the Juco route...sort of disappointing - shows evidence of HS recruiting failures. However, for CU, I'd love for Bz to tap into the Juco ranks and get some quality players. Southern Idaho has another top prospect - Carrick Felix - that is close to Ndiaye. There have been some comments about them being a package deal, but it looks like Felix is headed to Duke, and Ndiaye - who knows. I'd be ecstatic if Bz can get Mayes and Ndiaye for this year's class.

I went ahead and turned this thread into Aziz's profile.

And an update:

In the Scout article, it says that "The Devils offered a potential Feb. 14 visit date to 7-0 center Aziz Ndiaye and small forward Carrick Felix, according to CSI head coach Steve Gosar" and "So far, Duke has made an offer for an official visit which is different than full blown scholarship offers. It sounds like the Devils are researching the pair and checking on the possibility of them getting admitted."

By "the pair", they were referring to Aziz and his teammate Carrick Felix (SG/SF).

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/936151.html

Aziz is still recovering from his knee surgery and will not play this year. Due to the redshirt he is taking, he will have 3 years of eligibility remaining when he transfers.

Possibly some good news. AZ is reporting over on BuffScoop that we're going to land Aziz. Let's hope he's right. This would be a transforming get for the program.

Possibly some good news. AZ is reporting over on BuffScoop that we're going to land Aziz. Let's hope he's right. This would be a transforming get for the program.

Transforming? Hope you are correct.

The measurables are certainly there, and he had interest from at least one elite program.

Question is, how is the injury rehab coming along?

WOW! :thumbsup: I did not expect that. Felix is supposed to be the coupe of the pair, so if we get Felix too, that's great. However, they're not really a package deal, and Felix I think is waiting for Duke to offer. Duke from what it appears is waiting on Terrence Ross, another SF prospect that decommitted from Maryland. Felix is supposed to be an athletic 3, but with Burks, Hornbuckle, I'd focus on getting a big.

I really hope AZ is right - Aziz is a legit big-program prospect. If we also get that New Zealand C, Rob Loe (sp?), that's a great job by Bz. I'm still hoping for Mayes too, on whom there is no recent news. :dance: I really hope this is true. CU NEEDS a big so bad...

He's visiting Norman this weekend so let's hope the longhorns lay an absolute b_tch-slapping on them.

The hacks on sport-talk radio were talkin' him up yesterday. Didn't hear much about how the visit went, but they think pretty highly of Aziz, and imo they seem to think the boomers have a good shot at landing him.

KU boards are sending smoke signals of their staff's interest on Ndiaye. No scholly offer or anything, but he has landed on their radar. Most likely, it's dependent on some of their current bigs leaving for the draft - Marcus Morris in particular.

Rivals indicates he has one visit left. I assume it's to CU since he is on the front page. Anyone with info?

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1055056

This weekend N'Diaye, a 7-foot, 255-pounde center, visited Washington. He has also previously visited Oklahoma, Oregon State and Loyola Marymount.

With one visit still available, N'Diaye will likely use it to visit either Alabama, Colorado, Duke, Kansas or Maryland.

This may come down to CU Admissions and our JUCO transfer hurdles.

Update: Word is that he cleared Duke admissions and Bzdelik is using this to pressure CU admissions to rubber stamp this thing. I swear, if we lose out on this player because of admissions (after Duke said he's clear if Coach K wants him), I may need to check myself into a rubber room for a while.

Update: Word is that he cleared Duke admissions and Bzdelik is using this to pressure CU admissions to rubber stamp this thing. I swear, if we lose out on this player because of admissions (after Duke said he's clear if Coach K wants him), I may need to check myself into a rubber room for a while.

Will only make the admission/academic people look worse. Not that they care.

obviously I love Duke...but I will actually say that one "knock" on the program is that the university will admit players that would have no chance in hell of ever getting into Duke. Now, Duke does have amazingly tough admissions, but still, some players Duke has taken would have a tough time getting in anywhere. Duke typically however, does go after scholar athletes - kids that easily pass most admissions.

I do not see anything wrong with this however. Sean Dockery was a highly rated point guard from inner-city Chicago. Schools are atrocious in this country in the inner-cities, so of course he struggled a little to get in. Some Duke students were upset about it, but four years down the road, Dockery was a kid who was a solid contributor (not a star like we had hoped) with a chance to graduate from Duke (I don't know if he did, but he was never in academic trouble so assuming he did). I don't see anything wrong with offering kids from bad backgrounds, not provided with quality schools, a scholarship to a university where they can work hard to earn their degree in four-five years with no debt. So what if they don't meet the academic criteria others are held to?

So...now that I'm off my soap-box...Duke admissions office helps out; CU's doesn't. Don't count on CU helping out. Felix, his current teammate, is supposedly headed to Duke. However, I'm not sure Duke is all in on Ndiaye. Duke has some bigs, and really was hoping to land a SF. I'm not worried about Duke stealing this kid from CU. I am worried about the other schools though.

Back