What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 LA QB Benton "Munchie" Legaux (Signed to Cincinnati)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
MUNCHIELEGAUX5_201200.JPG

Edna Karr HS (New Orleans, LA)

Ht: 6-foot-4
Wt: 185 lbs
40: 4.6 - 4.72

Rivals Rank: #12 Dual-threat QB; 3*
Scout Rank: #38 QB; 3*
ESPN Rating: #44 QB; 3* - 77 rating

Last edited:
Re: '10 LA QB Munchie Legaux

Are you kidding me? Patron Saint of April 20.

I'm a little confused. I thought the staff was looking more for pro-style QBs. Otherwise, why not offer the dual-threat guy who committed to Arizona that said he would have committed to us on the spot if we'd offerred?

Because many of the dual-threat QBs end up playing other positions. Many high schools have their best athlete playing QB, does not mean that player is going to be a college QB.

Okay, that makes a lot of sense. But I went back and read the 3 recruiting pages, and it looks like this particular kid is going to stay at QB. Do you disagree, and do you think we were recruiting him for WR?

Lots of kids want to stay at QB. Does not mean they do once they get on campus and realize they will never see the field. To me, he looks like a QB, but you never know.

I doubt we have a shot anyway. I think he ends up Baylor.

There are some names that you see and you immediately know where the person is from.

Munchie Legaux falls into that category. :lol:

I've heard that he's a good boy. Loves his momma.

CU HAS to sign this guy. Munchie Legaux? and he's left handed? I'm sold, offer him...offer him now. Can you imagine an announcer discussing CU's Munchie-Terdema connection? It would be epic.

MUST. SIGN. THIS. PLAYER.

this would be right up there with some of the all-time greatest Buff names ever.

Top 3 of Michigan, Baylor and Oregon. Looks like he wants a spread option offense. Baylor is looking real good.

Re: '10 LA QB Benton "Munchie" Legaux

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bose3Lturcw"]YouTube - Benton "Munchie" Legaux* OFFICIAL HIGHLIGHT VIDEO!!!!!!! 4/27/09[/ame]

Karr's Munchie Legaux has nearly 20 official scholarship offers
by Mike Strom, The Times-Picayune Thursday August 27, 2009, 7:25 AM

medium_munchie-legaux.jpg

In its first 16 years of varsity football, Karr High School had no athlete, much less a quarterback, recruited by the University of Michigan.

So when college football's winningest program joined the pursuit of Munchie Legaux, naturally, heads turned. Not just in Algiers, mind you, but around the state and nation as well.

Clearly, a maize and blue endorsement from the Wolverines of the Big Ten goes a long way in speaking to the talent and potential of this lean 6-foot-4, 185-pound senior. His height, superior arm strength and escape-ability make him a most intriguing prospect for coaches of the spread offense such as Michigan's Rich Rodriguez.

Nearly as intriguing is Legaux's nickname, which he has carried proudly since age 2 when family members tickled by the sight of his attempts to chew food minus two front teeth replaced Benton Shannon with Munchie.

http://www.nola.com/sports/index.ssf/2009/08/karrs_munchie_legaux_has_nearl.html

Looks like he replaced Baylor with Tennessee in his top 3.

Interesting. What is he, like Plan "G" at Tennessee? I swear, Kiffin has gone after and missed on every BCS QB prospect in the country this cycle. They did land Tyler Bray, but they wanted 2 this cycle and they've been scratching guys off the list at a crazy pace. Even Bray was a SDSU verbal that they flipped this week, so it's not like they were even on him that aggressively until they missed out on a bunch of other guys.

As an aside, I'm not sure why CU didn't go after Bray hard since he's a prototype for what Kiesau's trying to do.

Yes, he was there....all 3 LA guys wore their HS sweats, and he had one on that said "Munchie" on the back

According to Scout, he likes powder blue. It made the difference!

Wow! By the way...Wow!

who do we want to start

Munchie Legaux
Nick Hirchman
or tyler hansen

Back