What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 LA QB Benton "Munchie" Legaux (Signed to Cincinnati)

still don't see how you can say hes a solid verbal when he is reserving his decision till signing day, and AZ currently has ZERO QB recruits.

still don't see how you can say hes a solid verbal when he is reserving his decision till signing day, and AZ currently has ZERO QB recruits.

Because in a very recent interview Canty said Munchie's mind is set on Colorado. It seems as if Munchie's just taking advantage of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take OVs.

That said, I think I'm going to change the labels for 2011 because I don't like them either. Soft/Solid... it doesn't matter until they sign. For 2011, I think I'm going to label guys as either "Verbal to School X" or "Signed with School X". Anything else is splitting hairs. A commitment, no matter how "solid" the prospect says he is, isn't actually a commitment until the ink is dry.

Because in a very recent interview Canty said Munchie's mind is set on Colorado. It seems as if Munchie's just taking advantage of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take OVs.

That said, I think I'm going to change the labels for 2011 because I don't like them either. Soft/Solid... it doesn't matter until they sign. For 2011, I think I'm going to label guys as either "Verbal to School X" or "Signed with School X". Anything else is splitting hairs. A commitment, no matter how "solid" the prospect says he is, isn't actually a commitment until the ink is dry.

I like that one. Didn't know the canty info. Guess he just wants to see what carrots get dangled. I hope to hell thats the case anyways.

I like that one. Didn't know the canty info. Guess he just wants to see what carrots get dangled. I hope to hell thats the case anyways.

Agree with B-Nik, kid is taking the offer to travel and visit schools for free. Sounds like fun. What I would pay to be a highly touted FB recruit being flown around and wooed. Not that I have any inside info, just my gut feeling.

Newest info suggests there is no way we can consider him a commit. Hes undecided.

Every other board is reporting that it's going to be a NSD decision. Expect to know pretty early in the day on Wednesday.

Coaching situation.
Hawkins has 1 year or he's out. The next guy will be a on-the-rise coach just like Hawk "was".
At Cincy, they lose their HC ever 3 years as he moves on to a "real" program. That' guaranteed. Plus Munchy thinks it's a downer that they have a SR QB there. He really thinks he's walking in and starting in year 1?

New coach at Cincy developed Dan LeFever(sp), right? I believe he will be among the first 100 picks, while we didn't even have a single combine invitee. Hard to recruit with both hands tied behind your back.

Oh well, we still have a good player in Hirschman.

Jeez, we really didn't beat out anyone for a recruit this year. Most of the kids that had other options opted to go elsewhere, Hawk has to be a better closer than that.

Not surprised. Sounds like Munchie wanted to play QB, and he was a CU commit when nobody else was "for sure" going to give him a shot at QB. As soon as AZ suggested they would let him play QB, I figured it was a matter of time before he took a more attractive offer.

Not to play the, "well he sucked anyway!" card, especially because I think Munchie will be a great player; I think we already have our QB of the future in Hirschman.

Back