What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

10 Month Report Card

Grade

• Total voters
Yes. You would't have responded if you truly don't give a sh*t. There is no other reason that you are playing internet mall cop to protect your precious world view of RG's Allbuffs GPA.

Umm the point of that was that I was going to respond to the post one way or the other. You not caring about my opinion did not change anything.

This where i am, we have seen a lot of great strides, and a lot of behind the scenes things are being done well to very well. With that said we've fallen short in a couple of places:

1.) re-org of the foundation basically resulted in nothing and they have had a lot of turnover in their younger talented ranks.
2.) much lip-service paid to game day experience improvements in private, nothing has been done yet (incomplete here I'd like to see what next year brings).
3.) cut some corners to save a few bucks that really dint get us very far but irked elements of the fan base
4.) stated fundraising goal missed despite pulling every possible lever, directing money from other projects and taking money from the CU foundation.

That said he's actually getting **** done that means something not college pageantry stuff but really hard progress and things wer far far worse than he expected when he took over.
This is the type of post I was getting at and is a very fair evaluation

Last edited:
I'm fine with someone giving RG a B, all I was asking Snow was what he would have needed to do to get an A in his opinion and then responding to Skidmark's post with my thoughts on his posts. Skidmark is the one who turned my post into something more than it was by calling it a douchebag move despite it being a innocent response with the intention of continuing the discussion and then laying out metrics that are not possible to quantify.

Your response did not come off to me as simply sharing your thoughts.

Your response was a ham-fisted attack on my opinion, and it was a douchebag move.

There are more socially acceptable ways in which to simply share one's thoughts and engage in a civil discussion.

Whenever you actually give a sh*t, please let me know if you care to discuss further.

Your response did not come off to me as simply sharing your thoughts.

Your response was a ham-fisted attack on my opinion, and it was a douchebag move.

There are more socially acceptable ways in which to simply share one's thoughts and engage in a civil discussion.

Whenever you actually give a sh*t, please let me know if you care to discuss further.
Then you misinterpreted it

This where i am, we have seen a lot of great strides, and a lot of behind the scenes things are being done well to very well. With that said we've fallen short in a couple of places:

1.) re-org of the foundation basically resulted in nothing and they have had a lot of turnover in their younger talented ranks.
2.) much lip-service paid to game day experience improvements in private, nothing has been done yet (incomplete here I'd like to see what next year brings).
3.) cut some corners to save a few bucks that really dint get us very far but irked elements of the fan base
4.) stated fundraising goal missed despite pulling every possible lever, directing money from other projects and taking money from the CU foundation.

That said he's actually getting **** done that means something not college pageantry stuff but really hard progress and things wer far far worse than he expected when he took over.
some stuff I didn't know there. Combined with what skiddy said, pretty much this. I want to see positive change on top of us scrambling for facilities. What's NEXT? How does he improve the situation for CU beyond the obvious and known?

Do you really think I give a ****?

So have you conducted this research when you graded him? If you haven't then why bring it up? Sure, it sounds great in theory, but it's not realistic to use those metrics in this evaluation since we don't have any way to quantify more than couple.
Skiddy did grade him pretty high, you know. B+ is not bad. My freshman year at Texas Tech I had a 0.67 gpa after all. Back then, a D+ would have been great.

Last edited:
Skiddy did grade him pretty high, you know. B+ is not bad. My freshman year at Texas Tech I had a 0.67 gpa after all. Back then, a D+ would have been great.

Wait what? You went to Texas Tech

Wait what? You went to Texas Tech
For a year. Until the sent me a rejection letter, :lol: Lots of kids from San Angelo went there. It took 10 years to get my **** together. I started at Metro then transferred to CU-Denver with much better results.

SportsBusiness Journal 2014 Athletic Director of the Year award winners announced June 9th.

SCOTT BARNES, Utah State University
THOMAS BOEH, Fresno State University
DAN GUERRERO, UCLA
JIM WEAVER, Virginia Tech

Given the profiles, the award is recognizing these AD's for some combination of conference realignment, facilities and fundraising, athletic team success following reorganization, leadership in the field, and in the case of Weaver, lifetime achievement.

if RG gets the facilities built on time, shows sustained success outside of Football, and shows progress in football, he would appear as a legitimate candidate.

Other winners from years past have included John Currie at Kjuco, Mark Hollis at Michigan State, Joe Castiglione at Oklahoma, Jeff Long at Arkansas, Kevin White at Duke, Ian McCaw at Baylor, Mike O'Brien at Toledo, Richard Giannini at Southern Miss, Jim Phillips at Northwestern.

From a fundraising standpoint, Baylor's $95M development campaign and TCU's $90M campaign are impressive. Chris Del Conte at TCU is the AD who has really kicked some ass in recent years. I hope RG can prove as effective at the end of his first 5 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skiddy, how dare you merely grade him as only really good!

This stuff is so fluid year to year. Two years ago, UCLA fans were ready to run "Chianti" Dan out of town, now he is up for AD of the year.
If we start winning in football RG will look even better by proximity.

Its an "A" for me, just based solely on the fact that dirt is moving up there for the first time since 1990. That is hard to do in Boulder, and even if he had to get some help from the pres (which he still smashed the one year fundraising record without that kickin), and the regents, he got it done. Good first year.

See what I did there?

Yes I do.

Anyway, let's move on. I didn't intend for it to be interpreted that way and I certainly didn't intend for my post to insult your opinion.

I realized I never really gave a explanation for my rating. It really boils down to facilities and him balancing the budget in his first year.

You mentioned you didn't have your **** together, but a 0.67 GPA at Texas Tech puts things into perspective. Wow. Glad you bounced back.

You mentioned you didn't have your **** together, but a 0.67 GPA at Texas Tech puts things into perspective. Wow. Glad you bounced back.
I was stupider than I am now. You get less stupid as you age until you start getting stupider again.

Last edited:
Yes I do.

Anyway, let's move on. I didn't intend for it to be interpreted that way and I certainly didn't intend for my post to insult your opinion.

I realized I never really gave a explanation for my rating. It really boils down to facilities and him balancing the budget in his first year.

:drink2: Agree. Let's get back on the topic of RG.

He certainly has reduced the budget deficit from( $7M) to a planned ($4M) in fiscal 14-15. In his state of the program comments, he expressed optimism about balancing the budget in the next couple years. He isn't quite there yet. I am confident he will get there by mid 2016.

In addition to a balanced budget, an other key metric to look for is a significant jump in the number of donors from the ~8,300 number listed on the BuffClub dononet. While RG has grown revenue, I have not seen evidence of expanding the base that is ever so important to viability. I'm also looking for material growth in season ticket sales, to reach that elusive 25,000 number. The word is that ticket sales are about where they were at this time last year.

Increases in both these metrics would indicate to me that the rift with B4L from EB's dismissal is healing.

SportsBusiness Journal 2014 Athletic Director of the Year award winners announced June 9th.

SCOTT BARNES, Utah State University
THOMAS BOEH, Fresno State University
DAN GUERRERO, UCLA
JIM WEAVER, Virginia Tech

what!?!?!? Weaver's most significant achievement in 2014 was his own forced retirement due to health issues. That list is a farce, unless this is intended to be a "career accomplishment award" (it's not, they bill the list as "2014 <insert sponsor name> AD of the Year"). Don't get me wrong, what Weaver did over his career at VT was outstanding, but he has under-performed over the last 3 - 5 years (notably making a debacle out of the basketball coaching situation).

what!?!?!? Weaver's most significant achievement in 2014 was his own forced retirement due to health issues. That list is a farce, unless this is intended to be a "career accomplishment award" (it's not, they bill the list as "2014 <insert sponsor name> AD of the Year"). Don't get me wrong, what Weaver did over his career at VT was outstanding, but he has under-performed over the last 3 - 5 years (notably making a debacle out of the basketball coaching situation).

Gotta be based on lifetime achievement for keeping Frank Beamer around.

A. He's making some positive things happen.

The bar will be raised to get an A for the next year.

:nod:

The crazy thing is that he hasn't even been here a year. He was named on July 17th, but he didn't start working then. Pretty impressive 11 months. Hasn't hit all the right notes, but he's knocking down the big stuff like no AD before him.

:nod:

The crazy thing is that he hasn't even been here a year. He was named on July 17th, but he didn't start working then. Pretty impressive 11 months. Hasn't hit all the right notes, but he's knocking down the big stuff like no AD before him.

Agree on all accounts

One thing, and it don't know if it's a negative or a positive, he is a very behind the scenes guy. Almost the antithesis of MB.

Tini, take a Dale Carnegie course before you enter the workforce. You'll thank me later.

That is why everyone likes you. It's a scam people.
Unless you're illiterate the course is a scam. Spend $2, buy the book, read it. It's a less than 3 hour read unless you're a fusker that needs to move your lips when you read. Save time and money. Plus it actually is helpful.

Last edited:
Unless you're illiterate the course is a scam. Spend $2, buy the book, read it. It's a less than 3 hour read unless you're a fusker that needs to move your lips when you read. Save time and money. Plus it actually is helpful.
Worth reading.

Back