What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 NJ PF Gilvydas Biruta (Signed to Rutgers)

Sexton Hardcastle

Club Member
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
Maxpreps

%7B26B69BC3-90F2-4874-98A5-6D93FEE5B4FE%7Dflexible.jpg

St. Benedict Prep (Newark, NJ)

Ht: 6-7
Wt:

FIBA Europe Player of the Year 2008

Re: '10 NJ PF Gilvydas Biruta

I would love to get someone from St Benedict's. Just the fact that CU is getting to know their coaches a little is good - hopefully we make a good impression. In my opinion, players that aren't showcased from these programs can end up being like Matt Cassel. Cassel just didn't have a time to shine while at USC. Kids from St. Benedicts, Oak Hill, etc. may be much better than advertised.

I would love to get someone from St Benedict's. Just the fact that CU is getting to know their coaches a little is good - hopefully we make a good impression. In my opinion, players that aren't showcased from these programs can end up being like Matt Cassel. Cassel just didn't have a time to shine while at USC. Kids from St. Benedicts, Oak Hill, etc. may be much better than advertised.

No doubt. Dan Hurley is a better basketball coach than most college coaches around the country. Anyone coming out of his program is fundamentally strong and used to competition. Biruta will be ready to play from day one and probably has more offense than he has shown at St. Benedict's (there's only 1 basketball and that team is loaded every year).

Best of the Best

Recapping Day 1 of the National High School Invitational.

Slamonline.com
–I’m very impressed with 6-8 junior forward Gilvydas Biruta of St. Ben’s. A muscular kid who’s a force on the boards, he’s deceptively athletic and really attacks the basket to finish. On top of that, he can also step out to knock down treys. I’ll be keeping an eye on his development and recruitment.
http://www.slamonline.com/online/blogs/school-daze-by-aggrey-sam/2009/04/best-of-the-best/

NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL INVITATIONAL REVIEW (PART I)

Gilvydas Biruta – Hailing from the former Soviet Republic, Biruta can bang and shoot. The 6’8”, 225 pound junior forward is receiving mid-major and Ivy League looks. Third team all-event

http://www.i95ballerz.com/story - nhsi third fourth team.htm
http://www.i95ballerz.com/story - nhsi third fourth team.htm

http://w3.nbebasketball.com/2009/04/07/national-high-school-invitational-review-part-i/

From ZagsBlog.com
BIRUTA HAS INTEREST

Gilvydas Biruta
is a 6-8 senior forward from Lithuania now playing for Dan Hurley at St. Benedict’s Prep.

A number of schools are interested in Biruta, including Northwestern, Washington, UPenn, Auburn, Seton Hall, Davidson and Creighton.

“Those are the schools,” a St. Ben’s coach said. “He’s drawn a lot of interest over the summer. He played for the Lithuanian [U18] National Team. People love his size right now and he’s getting a lot of looks from a lot of people.”

ESPN has reported that Biruta has given a verbal commitment to Rutgers.

Back